Advice please. SMG is a huge cert investment.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Okjoek, Feb 7, 2016.

1. Gundem

That time, when taking our less then perfect average accuracy into account, adds up to a lot slower TTK overall.
  2. Pfundi

Okay, you got a point. And I forgot to think about the distance to the target.
  3. Poppington

I'd suggest extended mags on the PDW. I know it's an SMG, but you end up spending a decent amount of time scoped because you're often at farther ranges with it as well as its lower DPS requiring more headshots. Those extra mags do a few things:

-give you more kills per magazine, which, at least for TR SMGs, is a bit rare since the hailstorm is pretty bad.
    -a really nice buffer in the event of having to just shoot at the body, often without extended mags you can find yourself running out of clip in a heated engagement with them living at a sliver of health.

The PDW is special in that it's half-way between a longer-range carbine and an SMG, giving it those extra 40 rounds make it a lot more versatile because it pushes it more toward the carbine side.
  4. Covah

Close range ? Armistice.

Versatile ? NS

But honestly, don't use SMG at mid range, sure the NS can be effective but there are better weapons for mid range.
  5. HappyStuffin

The TRAP feels utterly lacking and weak. Feels like I'm never able to do enough damage to people before they run over to me and kill me.

Armistice, however, simply melts people as long as you are in range. Love that gun. The magazine (yes that is the correct term) size never has never been a concern to me because I reload often anyway.
  6. Taemien

Default LMGs are .48s across the board. So .46 for SMG isn't too bad IMO.

The way I see it, the shorter the range for an automatic weapon, the lower the TTK. Then you have weapons like the AMC which trades in a little TTK for some accuracy over range. Hailstorm trades in already a high TTK for more bullets.. and hence the title Failstorm.

Trading in TTK for more rounds doesn't bother me. It really doesn't. The Blitz does that. It goes from Cyclone's .46 to .49. That's still workable as its quicker than most LMGs (outside defaults, but has accuracy they don't) and carbines/assaultrifles.

But going from .467 to .525 kills it.

What I would do is raise its RPM to 845-855. Even if it meant taking 10 rounds out (from 60 to 50). That'd make it into a nice little weapon to be used for its intended purpose. Maybe even make it attractive to non-infiltrators.

Normally other factors would be in play such as recoil, cone of fire, accuracy over range. But all SMGs are equally atrocious at range. That's not going to be a factor here. I mean the Cyclone because of its higher damage can do a little more than nickel and dime someone. But you're dropping bullets on people by that point lol. For funsies, put a suppressor on and SPA and you can damn near kill someone behind cover from above.