NS Auto Pistol Early look ( video )

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by HadesR, Feb 1, 2016.

1. HadesR

• Up x 2
  2. Hegeteus

Looks good to me. Now off to selling NS Auto-Pistol, NS Auto-Pistol-G and NS Auto-Pistol-P :rolleyes:
    • Up x 3
  3. Bu11ish

Striker ==> Swarm
    AMP ==> NS Auto

Looks like TR's faction specific ability is to let the other factions use our faction specific abilities. We've always been about unity right?
    • Up x 2
  4. Hegeteus

AMP has currently higher DPS, but is severely limited by range and magazine

It bothered me when AMP was brought up in NS A-P discussion and Wrel's response was pretty much something like: "Gee, haven't thought about AMP. Better mention it exists to Burness". Wrel obviously likes about NS sidearms which is a bit worrying for us who prefer to go with empire specific, but the choice to pick NS pistols is open for everyone after all(which isn't healthiest balance argument a game could have though)
  5. Pikachu

Is that some kind of weird minimalist stock folded over it?
  6. EPIC389

What's the point of the amp when you have a repeater?
    • Up x 1
  7. Liewec123

nice weapon, but we have enough NS!
  8. Bu11ish

I tend to agree with you here.

Thing is Wrel mains VS, then plays NC, and I think his TR account has the lowest BR. I mean I'd expect him to know a bit about ALL the weapons, combat techniques and fighting styles, but if he was all like "Gee, haven't thought about AMP" then I'd be really really concerned. I ESPECIALLY don't like how Wrel compares the AMP to the NS when what you said makes it sound like he doesn't have any experience with the AMP.

I do remember him saying they're gonna "look at" the trash TR weapons such as the Striker, Fracture, and Banshee, but I don't know how much those words are going to translate to reality, and I don't know what it means that they are going to again "look at" the AMP. I am a fan of strong ES flavors like in Starcraft, but with the balancing decisions SOE and DBG have made it looks like I have to settle for NS flavor balance. And now they mess up the NS flavor balance by taking only 1 faction's weapons and turning them NS.

With the AMP, the hipfire CoF on that thing pretty much fills half the screen. "Close range" doesn't really describe it that well as "knife range." So you have to ADS with AMP; ADS is generally not an option at close-close ranges since it messes up the sensitivity; and since the recoil is so ridiculous you pretty much have to burst, which drastically lowers it's DPS. This makes the AMP's function effectively very NS-Auto like - except you can't just hold the trigger.
  9. Bu11ish

That's there to remind people of the scorpion, a common video game machine pistol.
    • Up x 1
  10. Hegeteus

I might have exaggerated(just a little bit ;)), but I dug the message chain that shows Wrel saying that there are no plans for T4-AMP at the moment: https://www.reddit.com/r/Planetside/comments/430xcz/ns_autopistol_tr_says_no/czeo2px

E: It does have a brighter tone than I might have let on, but still a sad read for T4-AMP fans I suppose

I have to randomly add that I like Starcraft's empire/race differences too, which is why I'd imagine a planetside 2 styled game of SC2 universe would be damn interesting concept, though a hellish nightmare to balance
  11. Pikachu

You don't say. :eek:
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    • Up x 1
  12. Azawarau

It seemed too powereful at firt but with the changes he wants to make itll probably be a good fit

Still wont let go of the Desperado for it though

Acherado for life
  13. FateJH

Most people came here to see the not-an-AMP in preview; I'm actually interested in that red pattern in the lower part of the screen.
  14. Mezinov

So wait I am confused. Why did they make the AMP a TR pistol when they had the PS1 AMP in development? They've been outsourcing most of their gun model development so its not like they didn't know this was coming.

Now they can't call the PS1 NS AMP the NS AMP in PS2 or people will get confused.
  15. Neo3602

This looks interesting, In the video he was talking about possibly adding extended mags to other pistols which would be really nice for certain ones such as the TR AMP.
  16. PasitheeVS

You forgot "B" and "AE"...

and maybe a Pink one for Valentine's Day 2017....
  17. sebastian oscar post

18. MonnyMoony

Aesthetically I hate it..........but functionally i'm hopeful it will give us something akin to an NS Repeater.

Remove the weird dangly thing in front of the trigger and the extended barrel with the weird wire loop around it - and you'll have a half decent looking gun.
  19. sebastian oscar post

You can't stop corporate evil!