Why i dont think i will really bother to try against TR anymore

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Djan, Jan 31, 2016.

1. Vaphell

Right, the TR are so oblivious that they just allow vanguards to get within the CQC range with impunity, without even damaging them. That must be why the prowlers dominate the boards, having a 20-30% lead in almost every stat.

Good luck with that when you are attacking the Indar Ex from the south, again, or the Abandoned NS Offices from the east, again. 500m of buffer zone with scarce cover and some convenient parking lot on top of a ridge = autowin for the TR every time. How often do you see significant NC incursions into the TR owned desert flatlands? I'd say that as long mecha-TRs smell farm, pushes on Indar Ex and Mao have a 0% chance of succeding.

Ever witnessed prowlers parked near the ammo tower at Indar Ex, shooting at everything that shows up in the northern QRC gate with skillkeepers? I have, and that's 700 meters easily.
  2. Diilicious

there are always so many of these posts, there is literally no other option than to just +0 the thread.

:)
  3. Bu11ish

Ravens.
  4. Vaphell

Ravens are a defensive weapon. Nobody uses MAXes to push across open terrain because MAX mobility is **** and they become a roadkill bait, so they just stick to elevated points in bases and spam. Also only 400m range, which is trivially outgunned by prowler/GK spam.
  5. SuperTrooperWaterloo

why do you think i was talking about CQC? do you think people cant hit at max vehicle render distance without a deployed P2? once you get used to the bullet velocity and drop you can hit every spot without missed shots. mby the P2 is better if you are BR20 or something but at 100+ its all the same for tank shells. its not harder to adjust the titan or the supernova than the P2.

dont trust those "stats". especially not for a vehicle that is operated by 2 separate people and weapon systems which dont share any of those "stats". this information doesnt even consider that its more likely to get a lasthit on a damaged enemy with 2 bullets in one magazine than one in crowded areas with like ~200 people, nor does it say anything about the given situation in which the kill took place. common logic, things that push the spamable prowler ofc ahead additionally to its good AI ability, but who needs an AI MBT if there are special AI weapon systems out there to do the job...
    stats wont reflect how it really is, especially for MBT´s and for the kills that matter.

Indar Ex is a death trap for every atacking faction, unrelated to the prowler and has nothing to do with it. Like the most unbalanced fortress bases.
  6. Vaphell

Because you would be hard pressed to isolate a single prowler from a packed line of farmers? If you can see one, most likely more than one sees you and the DPS race is a losing proposition, especially when you account for the much easier to use, dead accurate secondary.

I think that it's not trivial and having 20% accuracy while facing 30% is significant difference, especially when it's them who need to move into the firing range of prepared prowlers. Prowlers have stability, they are driving over random pebbles which ruins the aim.

Even if we assume you have exact same accuracy as the prowler, you are still going to lose the DPS race.
    Also performance of the army is rarely defined by their toppest. men. If average TR peasant can be outright scary because he knows how to deploy on a ridge overseeing a huge swath of land but the VS and NC need to have a modicum of skill in navigation and shooting their slow guns with scarce feedback, then that's a significant advantage. One side fields let's say 10 decent tanks and the other only 5, with other 5 that are nothing but a waste of space and oxygen.

OK, so I trust my experience. Prowlers have such a ridiculous destructive synergy that I think there is nothing on the ground that can stop 10 prowlers in a terrain that doesn't specifically cripple them.

Other factions see the prowlers on the ridge, the TR do not. True, it's hard as **** to stay around normally but when the TR pull that **** off, which they do every time, it is just aggravating.
    The TR can literally defend bases from behind them or even from a hex away by not allowing to get close to them in the first place - that's how they usually defend the Abandoned Offices and I've seen prowlers deployed at the base of the Crown melting everything that tried to approach Ceres Hydroponics from NW. This **** is ridiculous.