[Suggestion] NC M30 Mustang AH reaver weapon is underpowered

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Tr34, Jan 30, 2016.

1. Mustarde

2. \m/SLAYER\m/

NC's ammo reserves - Cyclone, Reaper DRM, Vortek Rotary etc. with those guns, you become an ammo slave.
    now imagine Light-PPA instead of AH :eek:
  3. Zero Cool

L-PPA would not have been as effective. You can escape a PPA, there is no escaping the ******** alpha damage of the AH. Its the most frustrating weapon in the game.
    • Up x 1
  4. Akashar

Lol they should even have the same skin and sounds. Why do we even try to have faction identity with idiots like you?
  5. Jamuro

Well to be fair the airhammer requires the reaver to be much much closer to their target than any other a2g weapon in the game.
    Funnily enough that's one of the situations where lockons don't do jack ... on the other hand if anyone with a decimator even dares to look at the reaver it's toast.

So yeah the high alpha is fine ... maybe the max needs a bit better resists vs it tough ... balance of nanite costs and such ... a max should not go down as fast vs an airhammer as it currently does.

The one thing i have a gripe with is the effectiveness of the airhammer in a2a combat.
    All other anti infantry noseguns have by comparison a much weaker performance vs other aircrafts ... the airhammer on the other hand if used right can even outperform a rotary when it comes to burst.
    But honestly the difference is not that high ... if you realise what's going on before you eat all the pellets, you can simply maintain some distance and still win.

The m20... well i think it's fine ... it has amazing burst potential for surprise attacks ... sure it somewhat lacks range (as in it is very tough to use at range) but overall i would say it's on par with the other noseguns and doesn't need a buff.

That said we realy need some crosshair customisation options for all our noseguns ... the nc crosshairs probably are the worst in the game (for esfs).
    But then again, simply use a better crosshair via recursion and disable the hud ... so there are workarounds.
  6. Zero Cool

the AH range is pretty damn good for what it is. LoL at the "anyone with a deci dares, reaver is toast". His second pass was from directly above a target, Ground cant shoot straight up in this game. You die from the AH faster than you can pull out the deci/kraken in the first place. Only way to really get them is from spawn room.
    • Up x 1
  7. ScorpioLaw

I've been literally mauled by the air hammer in a Mosquito. It's definitely an effective weapon and I wish the Rotary was as effective but it doesn't even come close. Keeping distance WHILE doing damage isn't really possible. Seeing that you do have always face the enemy to attack.

The thing is the spread works in favor of most pilots because it gives more room for error. Some damage is better then none. (I'm on the Ps4 and following targets is insanely hard.)

I do wish the M18 Rotary was like that. High burst damage with a poor CoF. If you land a whole magazine then the target will hurt badly.

However as it stands right now it doesn't come close.
  8. JohnGalt36

As an avid AH user, it's fine. You just have to play to the strengths of the weapon. You can't hover and farm most of the time like the other two.

One of the most fun things in this game to me is using Stealth/FS/Racer with the AH and Afterburners. Fly low to the ground and get right in the middle of a huge fight, hammer some faces, then burn out of there before anyone can react. It is hilarious and effective.
  9. Poppington

The AH is fine against ground. I feel like it could be tweeked in regards to effectiveness against air though. At rotary's primary ranges, the airhammer is a little too close to being as effective.
  10. Jamuro

Yeah for the ps4 i quess it's a bit tough ...
    But if the reaver comes straight at you ... that usually means he is in flight mode ... if you are already in hover mode, simply burn and circle above him.

It takes practise ... a lot of practise but if done right it will cause the reaver to either overshoot or slow down to a crawl ... both will give you a good opening.

@Zero
    As for the decimator ... yes if you are the target of the airhammer then you are screwed ... but lets be honest here ... if you have a barrage of lolpods heading straight for your face, then you are effed too ... same with the ppa and the banshee.
    Sure the airhammer does the job quicker ... but it's by comparison very limited in it's range ... and even if the first deci shot completly misses ... it will most certainly make the reaver pilot rethink his engagement options or at the very least give the other guys on the ground a wake up call (one can hope).

Also that video is by no means how things usually go ...
    Let's see ... first of we have a mossie that completly ignores the reaver, then noone thinks of jumping into the sunderer or even tries to open fire at the reaver as it keeps doing it's rounds.

Not a single heavy even launched a missile ... then there is even another sundie ... again no gunners ... completly ignoring the reaver and there even is a Lib in the background.

Yeah if you completly ignore the evil a2g esf and hope it goes away on it's own ... then you are screwed ... and rightfully so.
  11. TheFlamingLemon

The problem isn't faction diversity, the problem is when certain faction's weapons have distinct advantages over others. That's called a lack of balance. For example, the three faction specific rocket launchers are all very different but they are balanced in their own way. The three faction's max anti-vehicle weapons are clearly not balanced, as the TR's is the obvious worst, then the VS, with the NC being the best. There are ways to be diverse without being unbalanced, but it's clearly not always on the mark.
  12. sebastian oscar post

[IMG]
  13. SW0V

Kinetic armor on MAX does nothing against Mustang AH. If you want to counter Mustang AH take flak armor.
  14. SW0V

Banshee
    Velocity = 500
    Spread = 0.75
    Max Splash damage 150 @ 0.3m
    RoF = 800
    Theoretical TTK on a non-flak armor infantry inside 0.3m = 0.45s
    Theoretical max splash damage on infantry per magazine = 7050
    # rounds to kill ESF = 46
    # of rounds with extended mags = 47
    Theoretical TTK on enemy ESF = 3.375s
    Accuracy required to kill ESF = 98%

Mustang AH
    Velocity = 550
    Spread = 1.25
    Max splash damage 200 @ 0.5m
    RoF = 180 * 8 Pellets
    Theoretical TTK on a non-flak armor infantry inside 0.5m = 0s (Only requires 5/8 pellets to hit inside 0.5m)
    Theoretical max splash damage on infantry per magazine = 14400
    # of rounds to kill ESF = 6*8 pellets
    # of rounds with extended magazine = 9
    Theoretical TTK on enemy ESF = 1.66s
    Accuracy required to kill ESF = 67%

Yes.... the AH needs to be buffed.
    [IMG]
  15. marcelomormaii

Friend you kidding me ??? The Mustangs weapon is the most apelona aircraft gun with two shots you knock an enemy aircraft and you are crying here in the forum ??? I'm tired of crying in you always want something better. Mustang is not anti-infantry weapon !!!! With just one shot I kill any opponent infantry, for crying face, Mustang a weapon that needs to be nerfed because of the nonsense that causes damage in any aircraft. Why always comes noob cry in forum ?? Each faction has its weeping man advantage.
  16. Pikachu

Its the only shotgun NC players like having. Why must you hate? :<
  17. Akashar

So you're saying that the lasher, in its extremely specific role, is better than extremely powerful weapons in cqc?
    That's what I call being balanced in its own way. It's unique, but not OP. No VS ask for MCG equivalent or jackhammer equivalent, if you want the lasher, come play VS.
  18. Krinsee

VS L-PPA is almost completely Ground oriented. It has almost 0 effectiveness against air targets due to Low velocity. This is the trade off for it.

The Banshee Is kind of the Middle ground With Decent ground damage with range, and still some capability against air targets but is outperformed by a default or AA main for ESF. That is the trade off of lesser AA for better AG capabiity due to splash damage.

Air Hammer does fantasic damage to both air and ground targets with larger room for error in the aiming department, at the cost of having to be close in. Range being the trade off.

As you can see all three are balanced in a different way and are better for it since they bring a difference to the weapons, instead of them being cookie cutter weapons re-skinned.

Learn how to use your weapon before complaining in the forums.
    • Up x 1
  19. Ronin Oni

uhm, wat?

Betty and prox are practically identical, while the claymore is the only one different (largely advantageously)
  20. Ronin Oni

Banshee could use a very small buff to it's AoE damage dropoff though...

but otherwise, yeah.

Actually, LPPA isn't even all that fun. Hailstorm + Plasma Pods are just better.