T32 Bull and T9 CARV S.

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by Ximinet, Jan 30, 2016.

1. Ximinet

Those weapons are good???? I mean compared to T7 MCG,T16 Rhino,MSW-R,TMG-50 and T9 CARV.
  2. Eternaloptimist

These are just my personal opinions and memories from using the TR arsenal (I hardly play HA now)

The T32 Bull is a kind of improved T16 Rhino although the Rhino has closed the gap a bit since the LMG changes and now has a longer maximum damage range. I liked the Rhino a lot even before the buff. It was a lot easier than the Carv for me to use, with the advanced fore grip for medium range fights. I got a free Rhino for completing one of those questionnaires they used to give you or I probably would not have tried it to be honest.

The Bull has (I think) the fastest bullet speed of any LMG making hits at longer range on moving targets easier. It used to have fewer ammo reloads than other LMGs but I think that has improved now. It is an all round beast at any range and my personal favourite TR LMG, with fore grip and compensator for recoil control. I've never used the Carv-S and I moved up from the Carv as soon as I could afford the certs (MSW-R used to be very cheap) so I can't make any useful comparisons.

The others, T7, MSW-R and TMG 50 all fit a particular role quite well - the MCG is a short range bullet hose and is not actually a LMG. The MSW-R is geared towards CQC and the TMG 50 is good at long or medium range, especially on burst fire mode, which makes the most of its fast recoil recovery.

So I guess it is about choosing the one that best fits your preferred play style, or having a few in the cupboard so you can choose whichever one is most use for each fight you find yourself in.
  3. nehylen

Bull isn't really an improved Rhino. More like a ES take on the NS-15M: same attachments, same kind of mag size, same kind of reload speed, etc...
    It's a good LMG overall. As for the Carv-S it's a point hold weapon: there's no point to it without the ext.mags attachments, but it's about fine with it. Not having to reload often makes you concentrate on the task at hand. The most comparable gun would be the Butcher, itself a good point hold gun.

All TR guns have a niche somewhat, though the Bull's one is probably the narrowest (because of its likeness with the NS-15m).
  4. IberianHusky

It's basically the LMG version of the T5 AMC. It's a decent weapon, but it's just too similar to the NS-15m. As for the CARV S, I've always hated that weapon. It's basically a much crappier SVA-88.
  5. nehylen

You're comparing apple and oranges. Theoretically the SVA-88 is supposed to be a gun suited for medium range bursts thanks to low first shot recoil+no bias, it's at its best at around 20~40m. The CARV-S, while it can fair ok at medium range, is a point hold (= close quarters) gun.

You'd have more of a case with the LSW since the LMG patch last fall when it was made essentially a SVA except with bias and with ext.mags, which was an inept design decision: now both LMGs share the same niche, which makes one to many in it.
  6. Khallixtus

The Bull is a solid LMG, and is absolutely amazing in the middish long range, where it's almost nonexistent vertical recoil makes landing shots (headshots in mid) easy. It also has OK hip fire (for an LMG), and the ammo + reload make it feel more like a Carbine than the other TR LMGs. It is rather similar to the NS15, although I find the extreme left-side recoil bias on the NS15 annoying, whereas the Bull is even, and the point sticks on target most of the time.

The Carv-S is a weird gun. But it's certainly not bad. It can do everything rather averagely. It has middle-tier damage and is easily controllable but not insanely so, and has tons of attachment options. So I like it how it can do everything, but not isn't the best at them. It shines at point holding, where the 200 ammo means you can keep going for ages without a reload. The Butcher (or Gauss Saw, which fires longer than Butcher) is lesser at this point holding because it needs reloading. That extra 50 is actually a rather big boost, as from 150 to 200 means you will lose ammo at the end of that push (large push), not when it's nearing.
  7. starlinvf

A number of guns are weird like that. Overall the Bull is the high mobility, highly adaptable TR LMG... Its my second fav behind the MSW-R (which is close range monster). You'd pick the Bull for situations where stability is important.... mid-long range, fire support, and outdoor movement. The lower rate of fire hurts a lot in CQC situations, but is pretty versatile with most attachment configs. Pro-Top: HVA is completely worthless on this LMG.... it gives a messily +2m/s. But by far the best thing about the Bull is the reload time. 60 rounds is enough for most fire fights, and reloads about as fast some ARs; This gives you the ability to quickly reload while behind, or moving between cover, for practically no down time.

As for the CARV-S..... its a mediocre weapon at best. Its only redeeming quality is the Extended mag..... but like the Gauss-S, that potential is lost in the face of the crappy hip fire accuracy, and really slow ADS movement. Worse still, it doesn't even have comparable DPS to the CARV or MSW-R.... and that half second of sustained fire between targets makes a huge difference between getting the drop on a group of unsuspecting campers, and them wiping you out with, at best, only one casualty.
  8. DownloadByte

If you're into actual stats, you can use this spread sheet to compare them (they should be up to date): planetstats.net/data/weapons/

Having auraxiumed my CARV-S, I've found it to be very viable in point-hold scenarios. Trying to auraxium my Rhino now. The extra 10m in the damage model leads to lower TTKs at longer range, but that all depends on where the bullets hit.

As previously stated, your weapon choice should boil down to personal preference and whatever the situation calls for.