Mortars for the Engineer Class

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by Shaveitupwow, Aug 31, 2015.

1. Scr1nRusher

You really don't see how thats bad?
  2. Rikkit

no i can't.
    If you have one useless weapon, you can still youse a lot of other weapons.
    But if you have a weapon that is too strong, why should you use an other one?
    There is no infantery-weapon that comes even close to killling power of an HE Powler but the pre-nerf UBGL
    So yes, better take away one OP weapon, instead of having one that outshines all the the other ones.
  3. Scr1nRusher

Holy **** dude.

Things shouldn't get overnerfed.
    • Up x 1
  4. Benton582

Please look for the posts that have this topic already, we don't need another war over this again.
  5. o.Solei.o

I actually still main it quite a bit on my engi. Makes me super sad to think of the nerf, but since flak armor is no longer all the rage, being able to 1hk people with a hipshot as an engineer is pretty damn handy.

With regards to the OP and other people commenting on indirect fire, the devs have stated on many occasions that while the idea sounds fun, they have pretty much ruled out any indirect fire weapons due to violating a core principle of the game: Getting shot by somebody you can't shoot back at (let alone see) is not fun. Higby even expressed concerns about the artillery-esque capabilities of lockdown Prowlers, and that part of the reason for leveling their firing arc wasn't just to make them easier to use and more useful to cert with LD, but to make it so that they couldn't fire effectively from behind complete cover.