So NC is consistently and noticeably terrible on PS4

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Dirge, Jan 28, 2016.

1. Taemien

If you ask me, the fix is to allow Mouse and Keyboard, merge builds across platforms, and merge with the PC servers.

Lets see how good the console FPS'ers really are :D
  2. AxiomInsanity87

You need the foregrip and compensator.

You need your sensitivity turned up high, even if its really uncomfortable and a twitchy horrible mess. If I can get good enough with the conTROLLer, so can you mate.
  3. AxiomInsanity87

That's a no-brainer mate.

There's no throttle analog on ps4 either lol.
  4. Azawarau

There are alot of reasons people will give you but it still comes down to flavor of the week

Vanu weapons are easier to use

TR have massive tank dominance

NC can AV well in close range but not well enough to stop TR 500 meter camp or hilltop camp

Against Vanu they have very serious disadvantages in any open area

But hey we have the ravens right?
  5. Mianera

Oh no, no no no! My dear friend. NC is consistently bad no matter what platform. They suck massively overall everywhere!

Besides, I doubt that NC anywhere can be worse than they are on Miller right now.
    • Up x 2
  6. AxiomInsanity87

What?

NC weren't too bad when i played

Is DIG still zerging like mad.....or was that KOTV? I have forgotten.
  7. nehylen

It's really hard to find any explanation to it. In the "competitive" scene, NC does good on ServerSmashes, but figuring out the part due to strategy an the part due to arsenal is speculation.
    In LaneSmashes, some have chosen the NC faction as primary to be sure not to face shotgun MAXes.

The only elephant in the room is the SAW as a default gun. Otherwise the NC arsenal is really superb, including the SAW itself in the right hands. Overall i'd consider it slightly better than both TR&VS in my opinion, especially in the MAX department, albeit not without a few mediocre stuff here and there. I don't perform, nor feel that i perform any worse when i play NC.

As such i have no clue what makes them effectively worse. The best guess i might venture is that spray and pray saves you more when you can't aim properly, which is harder to do at lower rpm/higher dmg per shot. And there's a lot of poor aimers out there.
  8. WTSherman

I'm pretty sure difficulty curve/ease of use has something to do with it, because that's pretty consistent with what we see: good in comp, bad in pub, good with (easier to use) NS weapons.

One interesting thing is average skill on the forums tends to be higher than for the game as a whole, so difficulty curve problems can be hard for the forums to spot. It's something that really stood out in a game called Helldivers: most of the forum-goers had little trouble with difficulty-12 missions, and quite a few have been asking for levels above that to be added. But at the end of every war the global stats are displayed, and the average difficulty level for the game as a whole is... around 4.

So for every person on the forums playing difficulty 12 and saying "this is easy", there were likely dozens of people playing difficulty 3 or something and saying "this is hard".

And since zerging is the name of the game on the public servers, battles are pretty much decided based on who can get more out of their legions of noobs.
  9. ScorpioLaw

From what I've seen its because of the players attracts.

No other faction quite owns like NC does when handled by good players. There just doesn't seem to be as many though.

Alpha > Anything in a game with such quick TTK. People just don't understand how to use it. Which is pop in and out of cover. I wish they had a better aethstetic, because I really hate how they look.

Also for the guy who said he saw a huge FF fight because someone took out a MAX and they went haywire? Yeah... I've seen things like that many times. One time I c4ed a few tanks in a line after my Mosquito went down and the lead player thought it was friendly fire from the other tanks. So before I knew it there were four tanks killing each other and only one of them had the smarts to look around.

Things like that happen a lot.
  10. Vanapapi

I remember when i first started playing knowing almost nothing about the game. So there i was looking at the 3 factions.

I took TR because redish colour is my favourite. And i noticed the word "order" in the desciption. It was simply an obvious choice for me. Heck, reading the NC description i was just imagining how i would have had run with other NC maniacs only to be shot down by an organized line of enemies. Just look at the many other FPS games, they are all resembling NC faction. I'M SICK OF THOSE NC BASTARDS EVERYWHER!!!!

(NC) "Freedom! Freedom! Freedom! Run like you don't care Johnny, and you too Carlito! Run haha derp-a-derp derp!"
    (TR) "F your freedom! Shut up you imbecile! Ready, aim, FIRE!"
    (VS) "Ah... it's really just their fight. Let them finish and then let's clean up the mess afterwards."
  11. \m/SLAYER\m/

its because 60% of NC - BOTS
  12. WTSherman

The problem with that is the stats don't support your stereotypes. NC performs consistently equal to or better than other factions when using NS (or NS-equivalent) weapons and vehicles: it is only ES gear that lags behind. This suggests that when using identical equipment, NC players are just as competent as other factions.

Additionally, the stereotype about TKing couldn't be more false: the NC actually has the lowest TKs per capita of the three factions. This means you are statistically less likely to be TKed by the NC than any other faction.

This "NC just attracts bad players" line is nothing but a myth perpetuated by non-NC without any evidence to back it up. In fact, it is in direct contradiction to the evidence we do have.
    • Up x 2
  13. SpartanPsycho

Stat-wise, NC has the most effective arsenal and the one that covers the most situations. There is no reason to use VS or TR over NC, BUT VS and TR have their own set of small niches to compete in.

Overall, NC is the best faction, and has massive disadvantages to compensate.
    • Up x 1
  14. SpartanPsycho

I have a BR 100 NC, I main NC, and yes, NC attracts bad players, at least on MY server.
  15. Poppington

I play all three factions, and I definitely feel as though I the general NC zergling is less likely to support me than my other characters. This is anecdotal I know, but I can't help but feel that way -

EXCEPT for the infantryTK combine harvester that is the Magrider - my god. The destruction I've seen that thing do on its fellow VS is legend.
  16. orangejedi829

NC's weapons are harder to use, that's all there is to it. That doesn't mean they're worse, per say, just more difficult to use well.
    This is supported by the fact that NC players do just as well with NS weapons as either of the other factions.
    High bullet damage, high recoil, low ROF can be good (The Gauss SAW and GODSAW are probably my favorite weapons in the game), but the model makes guns harder to control, punishes misses to a greater degree, and makes aim far more important since the guns fire fewer rounds per minute, all on top of having a lower overall DPS. When you look at the stats for the CARV, ORION, and SAW, the SAW is laughably far behind. When used properly, the SAW can dominate in mid-range encounters. But the fact that the CARV and ORION have less recoil, more forgiving ROF, and higher DPS means that, in the hands of the average player, the TR and VS options will be far superior.
  17. Sebastien

Sure, but nobody likes those people.
  18. IberianHusky

Then you've never seen the Connery NC...
  19. AxiomInsanity87

Indeed. I am so fkung drunk now my friend. For The Republic.
    • Up x 1
  20. AxiomInsanity87

NC is potentially the best.
    • Up x 1