Wrel has officially joined the Daybreak team

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Shaengar, Jan 27, 2016.

1. Reclaimer77

He's part of a team and not in control of the whole damn thing. You aren't gong to log in tomorrow and discover you are playing WrelSide2.....

But clearly they should have hired you instead because you rattled off a bunch of unnamed projects??

You are making this VERY personal. It's sad you can't see that....
    • Up x 1
  2. Scr1nRusher

They trust him, I don't trust the lack of experience.

Some projects are unnamed, some are, some get development names that are different from the final product names.............

Its not personal at all.
  3. Savadrin

I heard someone say buff the fracture.

I hope we get GateKeeperGate part 2.

I'm glad to hear about Wrel being hired, because I think it's a fresh perspective. It can be risky, but often it's a good idea to bring in new blood, with no experience bias. As long as the person isn't a mouth-breather, and I don't think that Wrel is.

I can't believe this thread is still going though lol :D

Scr1n, you realize even if you post names or project names or whatever, the goalposts will still move. But since you do bring it up, you've either gotta put your money where your mouth is or expect and deal with the criticism, which I actually think you're doing the latter. So it's cool.

The other amusing part of all this is that quite often, scr1n isn't really the originating point of the toxicity in his threads. He just eggs it all on, which happens to be near and dear to my own little troll heart. Yet things labeled as a "Scr1n thread" immediately get the tar and feathers from many, though a lot of the ideas are valid IMO as a starting place.
  4. Imperialguardsman

I expected this, he's like a walking YouTube ad for the game, course what can he do besides be a walking ad?
  5. pnkdth

You're begging the question. He's obviously more than that since he's been with DBG since November. Who knows about his involvement previously.

It is also very inaccurate to describe his content as nothing more as advertisement given the nature of his content. He's made stuff of better gaming, community, new player experience, quality of life stuff, and reviews. Which, unsurprisingly, is what his job seem to be at DBG. It is almost as if they appreciate what he's done so far and wanted him on the design team, isn't it?
    • Up x 3
  6. Reclaimer77

• Up x 1
  7. Scr1nRusher

Its not salt, its general concern.
  8. Moridin6

itll be fine.
    at least theyre spending money on the game and not Firing people
  9. Reclaimer77

He has good ideas, he has bad ideas.

But the way he discusses them is ALL bad. He has an idea, in his head it's perfect, and he refuses to accept any criticism or suggestions from anyone. He simply repeats his original idea over and over until everyone gives up trying to have a discussion.

Now I don't know Wrel personally, but I can't imagine him being as obtuse to work with as Scr1 must be.
    • Up x 2
  10. CorporationUSA

It's an unfounded concern. Wrel is probably the most experienced and passionate PS2 player on the DBG team right now. Of course, actually working on the game might sap his passion for it, but only time will tell.
    • Up x 2
  11. Ronin Oni

I don't even really agree with all your ideas, but I DO respect them as you're right, you're NOT an *** about them.

Same with Iridar... I often disagree with his ideas (in opposite ways I disagree with yours lol) but he's not an *** about them.
    • Up x 1
  12. Ronin Oni

Yeah, sometimes... thing is he doesn't tend to bend on his ideas. He doesn't discuss, he dictates.

After many of us experiencing this a dozen times or so, we just skip the pleasantries of trying to discuss and go straight for the throat.
    • Up x 1
  13. CorporationUSA

I'm gonna need to see proof of that.
  14. Scr1nRusher

Being a "good" player and a Good designer are 2 entirely different things.
  15. Ronin Oni

Cant', he's ignored, I can't even see his posts anymore.

I got tired of even trolling him.
  16. CorporationUSA

I'm sure the team has enough "good designers." They need someone who understands the game in there.

Honestly, you do seem like you're really trying to make an issue out of this. The future of this game is already dark, so let them try a a new approach. But I know that's not gonna slow you down because you feed on drama, like some succubus tabloid writer.

I thought you were talking about Wrel. My fault for jumping into the middle of a discussion.
    • Up x 1
  17. CorporationUSA

18. Ronin Oni

Ah, nope.

I must say I'm not a "wrel fan"... I've watched a couple of his videos and they're honestly a bit below me (though his stat breakdowns can be useful, I prefer finding the stat breakdowns in text format on forums/reddit), however I can appreciate what he does for the new guys.

I think he'll have good input and ideas for the game, particularly as it relates to basic infantry players.

I personally love using vehicles and killing said helpless infantry. HEAT lightning, lolpods, and AI noseguns are some of my favorite weapon systems in the game :D
  19. Scr1nRusher

I want things to work out with Wrel, have you seen my Tweets to him?

Also have you seen his recent video?:

20. Reclaimer77

WHAT!!!??

Please go back and read your posts made in this thread. Do you have multiple personality disorder or something??

If this is you wishing someone good luck, I would hate to see your idea of the opposite....