So NC is consistently and noticeably terrible on PS4

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Dirge, Jan 28, 2016.

1. Dirge

Does anyone have a workable theory as to why this is? They have high pop, almost no alert wins, and a lower average K/D than the other factions. In actual gameplay there is a 20% ish average difference in my performance depending on whether I am fighting NC or TR. Their average game ability and know how seems very low. Etc, etc.

I know that it seems statistically unlikely, but the fact remains: NC, as a faction, on PS4 especially, is lobotomized.

Why?
    • Up x 1
  2. Khrin

Problem A is likely most organised people will veer towards the militaristic TR or the geeky, techy VS because that's how people are. Conveniently going with their theme that leaves them as a hotch-potch headless rabble of cowboys. The best leader type people just aren't drawn to a rebel faction.

Secondly, NC guns while absurdly powerful but awkward. Notably quite recoily. I can't even imagine how anyone plays an FPS with a child-pad, so I cannot even fathom what using something like the gauss saw pre-attachments would be like.

The final point would be what OP stuff the NC do have (I'm looking at you ravens) will be rarer on ps4 since it's only existed in a nonsence 1000 certs per weapon world.
  3. SpartanPsycho

It's b/c its the faction that attracts children. They are the most noticeable gud guys and have rock music and a rebellious tone.

I started game as TR, currently NC, and want to switch to TR.

not that I play VS or anything
    • Up x 1
  4. Jubikus

The recoil for NC is all verticle so i dont think this would be an issue for consoles it just means they have the hold one stick a bit further down to remain accurate and burst fire.

As for why NC on PS4 tends to kind of suck its probably the same reason as PC they dont really have any really big outfits and their platoon leaders dont really put alot of effort into orginizing victorys and more into just being at a good fight. In my time on NC ive found that a good farm is always more valuable to them than victory and do to this they dont target sunderers very often which makes defense fights that they could win end and move on turn into a grind fest untill eventually it drags on long enough for the enemy to get enough people to finally push to the objective and hold it.
  5. Chewy102

I can give a number of reasons as to why NC is the worst faction but most people don't really care.

NC has been dead last in most or all metrics for years now on PC and It has been the norm for so long that most people are blind to it. But when someone asks why. You get troll posts or people giving the same copy paste replies seen in posts #2-3. Fact is the community doesn't want to know why. They are content with how it is and don't want anything to change.

Good luck getting answers, but odds are you aren't going to find them here. Iv been trying for years since the PC Beta only to end up quitting the game entirely thanks to the community not giving a ****.
  6. Carl1879

Recoil on NC guns isn't too hard to control on PS4 once you get used to it they are very effective, but it just seems to attract the worst kinds of players, my poor NC alt's first 5 or 6 deaths were all from being tk'd. Spawned at one of the koltry outposts got gunned down in the spawn tube this happened twice so switched to another outpost and it happened again lol so went to the amp station and guess what... Spawned at the warpgate called in a flash and had barely got out of the warp bubble thing and I got TK'd by a lightning camping the warpgate for some unknown reason.

Hell while on koltyr I saw a guy who had obviously just hit BR15 go to the spawn room and grab a max suit and pretty much the entire spawn room went nuts and they all started shooting and grenading him, it became a bloodbath they dropped him but obviously a few friendly fire incidents occured so people wanted vengance and that caused yet more chaos so cue a 5 min or so pitched battle in the spawn room where pretty much anyone who spawned there got gunned down it was beyond belief.
  7. Imp C Bravo

I like the fact you brought this to the PC forums. They have more ridiculous stories of NC hilarity than we do on PS4.

However, what you say tends to hold true across platforms. lolz to cowboy hats.
  8. AxiomInsanity87

This, seriously.

When the men use them in ss, they win

NC won the world record as well.
  9. AxiomInsanity87

You could give a number of excuses for being bad at best mate.

Don't even go there. NC does really well in server smash which shows their real potential.
  10. AxiomInsanity87

Not only that but NC look and sound like complete reprobates.

And no, the recoil is easy to handle still. Controller is much more challenging than point and click headshots but that's probably my pc bias.
  11. AxiomInsanity87

This happened earlier
  12. Benton582

I main NC engineer, and I see NC being teamed on most of the time. Even worse, they already have the lowest pop/win in alerts. This is mostly due to how both VS and TR look onto NC ALL THE TIME, and if you are going to be a blind scrub and not admit it, you need to leave these forums. It is very clearly seen in Connery, and honestly, I don't know how much longer I'm willing to stay. Leadership is too lacking, with VS having the best leadership, TR having many good leaders, and NC having a small few.
  13. AxiomInsanity87

That's a server issue and just general nc is bad issue.

You once said that you had not used the gauss saw in a year because the recoil is too much....

You don't get to call anyone a scrub.
  14. ThreePi

The NC are consistently and noticeably terrible on PC. In a game that promotes zerging, bullet hoses are an advantage. NC have few to no bullet hoses. You're stuck with either high recoil, hard to use weapons, or shotguns that spend more time reloading than firing.
  15. Taemien

NC won the World Record Event.
    NC win the majority of Server Smashes.
    NC brought you the Recursion Stat Tracker.

In short.
    NC wins when it matters. NC wins when it works together as a team.

NC weapons across the board are not useless, but are required to be used synonymously with each other. Even the same weapon.

If you're lone wolfing. Or just trying to farm some kills. Or both. NC works terribly as a faction.

When you try to win, and maybe even to set world records. NC works wonderfully.

Are most NC players lone wolves? No, not anymore than any other faction.
    Do they TK the most? If you account for them being the majority of Planetside 2 players. They do. When you divide the number of players into the number of TK's. VS teamkills the most, like 15-20% more than NC. Fun fact.

Another fun fact. In the World Record Event, NC had the most deaths and lowest KDR. VS had the most kills and highest KDR. NC had the most territory (and won), and I believe VS had the least. Makes you wonder who the cert farming zerglings actually are? Seems like VS will cert farm even when there's no benefit to it. But.. probably not, just too much reliance on the Orion for that fight. Forgot they actually had to get on point to win.

Problem NC has is its a little more punishing on the faction when it doesn't work together. When it does work together, I can personally attest that it sucks to be TR at least. And being on the NC side of that, you feel unstoppable.

Faction isn't imbalanced, Faction isn't underpowered.

Faction just requires more coordination. Not too much to ask if you think about it, it is a MMO. MMOs normally require coordination of some sort to do more than basic stuff.

Here's my question. Since there's obviously a lone wolf or cert farming intent here. Why are you all worried about losing? If your goal isn't to win (if it was, you'd group up and winning wouldn't be too hard). Why care if you lose?
    • Up x 1
  16. IberianHusky

I honestly think that the strength of a faction has less to do with weapon balance or what type of players it attracts, but mostly to do with how many good outfits are willing to carry the faction.

On Emerald, everything is more or less balanced because all three factions have strong outfits to form their respective backbones.
    On Connery and I assume most other servers, the NC is a wasteland because it has literally no good outfits willing to cooperate and carry the faction, so you essentially get an entire faction made of zerglings and pubbies.
  17. SwornJupiter

There's nothing inherently wrong with the NC faction. It's just that the Planetside 2 culture has made it so that weak leadership and a general zergy behaviour are characteristic of NC. On Connery, NC zergs are put down as quickly as they appear because of poor leadership and lack of communication.
    In fact, on my NC alt I find it increasingly difficult to squad up with other members who have a microphone/TS and have PL that actually communicate with their squads/platoons and place waypoints.

On Connery, however, NC pop explodes every now an then - with up to 40% world pop. They get a bit harder to deal with, but nothing quite as scary as a TR or VS 40% world pop. All in all, the NC culture just needs to shape up. A reformation of command and leadership would do wonders for the NC on live server.
  18. Sebastien

It's because playing to win is stupid if you're not having fun. I'm not gonna force myself into a role I don't give a **** about to win a competition that has no reward.
    Maybe if they gave me like a billion fruit roll-ups for winning I would care.
  19. AxiomInsanity87

Fun is subjective mate.

Playing to win in games is what many will consider fun right?
  20. orangejedi829

I've played a bit of PS2 on PS4, and the recoil on NC guns is extreme for a console shooter. If you fire the Gauss SAW full-auto, you essentially have to hold the thumbstick all the way down in order to keep it level. And, since the joysticks are circular, the farther down you tilt the stick, the less ability you have to move left and right. So tracking moving targets becomes very difficult on high-recoil guns.