[Suggestion] Make Gate Shield Diffuser a Engineer ability, as a way to counter the "spawn warrior".

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Gustavo M, Jan 28, 2016.

1. Ronin Oni

You know that all bases used to have SCU's at them?

It was then removed because it resulted in fights ending too quickly.

Spawn room stalemate allows a MAX crash to form up, or for external forces to respond to the larger attacking force from armor or air swarm.

The spawn room warriors themselves don't actually contribute anything, but the mechanic that allows them to do that absolutely does.
  2. Gustavo M

I already addressed such. Just read my previous reply.
  3. Gustavo M

Two words: Galaxy. Drop.
    As I said previously: they'll have to deal with it in a way or another. Thus, this would also mean the end of "redeployside"... which is -also- a GREAT thing to this game.
  4. Codex561

??

Zergs don't have counters you mongoloid!
  5. Gustavo M

Galaxy drops, tanks, liberators.
    In other words: it does not if you play solo or is in a zergfit.
  6. Ronin Oni

Look, first off, as I said, SCU's is the method to employ should this be a thing again (not ENTIRELY against the idea, I've argued for their return several times) not some gadget Engieers can use at any time to camp a spawn room letting MAXes sit at the tubes. SCU's are a reasonable idea, though they've already pretty much shut it down after trying it. THIS idea is purely garbage. People spawning to defend a base to get instantly killed in the tube would be the single worst "addition" to gameplay. It's hard enough for nooblets that don't know how to pick fights

Second, that wouldn't really stop redeployside. People would still just spawn at the next fight, all it would mean is they couldn't spawn THERE.

What you dream of, and what would in practicality happen are 2 very different things.
  7. Gustavo M

Where did you got this idea of MAX's invading enemy spawn rooms?I thought I was clear (and obvious) enough when I suggested this to be a ENGINEER ability;not for everyone else.

Situations may differ, but hey.... that'd be a good start.

In other words: "You are wrong because I said so!". Heh. No comment.
  8. Codex561

Zerg has more galaxies, zerg has more tanks, zerg has more libs.

You don't get it do you? Unless if you match populations then there is no feasible counter and at that point it wouldn't be a zerg anymore!

People told you, don't stand in LoS of spawn room and bam! Spawn room countered!!

Gustavo M BTFO
    • Up x 1
  9. Gustavo M

Ummmmm....no. Or else it wouldn't be a zerg.

M'kay.
  10. Ronin Oni

Oh, ok, so there'd just be AI mana turrets instantly killing people as they spawn. MUCH better.

It's good to remove fights from the game... yeah, ok.

Not just because I said so, but from empirical evidence from when they had SCU's at every base.

Look, it's really quite simple. DON'T SIT IN FRONT OF SPAWN SHIELDS.

You can literally watch all the exits from any spawn room without being in their LoS.

I really don't see WTF the problem is here.

All I see is a guy that want's to camp spawn tubes, which is far, FAR, worse than the scrubs shooting out spawn shields.
  11. Gustavo M

Just....no.
    Might as well leave a /brotip: "If you don't have anything else to say.... don't say it". No offense.
  12. Codex561

You don't get it, do you...? Explaining one last time, stop spawn camping, break away from the zerg and stop ****posting on the forums.

Everybody happy!
  13. Gustavo M

Nobody is forcing you to read this. So if you don't like it/is emotionally triggered for whatever reason, just stop posting and leave. It's that simple.
  14. Codex561

Any reason why you get an emotional shutdown when someone explains in simple words how to deal with the problem?
  15. Jubikus

no its not its not supposed to have a counter all that needs to be done is not allowing them to have line of site on objectives. Just because you want to roll with the zerg where you have the massive advantage and are upset you cant kill anybody because they dont want to leave the safety of the spawn just to die doesnt mean it needs a way so you can still get some kills.

You clearly dont know what this ability would actually do it wouldnt encourage people to get out the spawn and fight the zerg people would just immediately abandon all bases hit by zergs because they dont want to just sit there and die because its not fun to be spawn camped by a massive group of infantry GSD asshats. You do realize that the spawnroom warrior and the spawncamping zerg scrub are both skilless ****ters.

You might say oh but at least they can fight back and to that i say not really if your being camped in spawn you die instantly period you might get a bullet off but unlike fighting againt the spawnroom warrior you cant just you know avoid him by not standing in front of the ******* spawn waiting for someone to come out because your bored with your 80% pop.
  16. Gustavo M

...I think there is something about this in the game. Something amongst the lines of "...battles were never won inside the spawn room." Which is self-explanatory.
  17. Ronin Oni

You could literally apply that same reply to all of your subsequent posts in this thread.
  18. Ronin Oni

Then why concern yourself over it?

If they're wasting their own time, so be it.

Can't fix stupidity with game mechanics.
  19. Gustavo M

M'kay.
    Then why I shouldn't suggest a feature that allows me to blow those "dumb" players fun?I mean, spawn warrior is detrimental to the game and shouldn't exist in first place.
  20. Jubikus

yeah but ive seen what not having spawn protection does. Have you ever zerged a biolab before and taken out the gens? well i have and the enemy in order to still be able to engadge on the fight put a sundy in the vehicle bay and well tho they lost the SCU they could still use the teleporter to get into the biolab the problem is as soon as they appeared the 25 people in their spawn room gunned them down hell they never stopped firing because of the engineers. This is basically what would happen if zergs had the ability to get into the spawn room.

Now as to your statement of battles were never won from inside the spawn room the people that use it to orginize a max crash would disagree. Secondly i could say that even if battles werent won from inside the spawn room without them there wouldnt be battles to begin with.
    • Up x 1