[Suggestion] Bipods for LMG

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by Metrack12, Jan 23, 2016.

1. Metrack12

Hello,as the title says,I think would be nice having bipods in the game,this attachment would be in the underbarrel slot,this attachment can be activated while crouch in front of,lets say, a window,you crouch and yo put the bipod.

The advantage with bipod (only while using it,of course) Would be:

+The gun wouldnt have recoil
    +Hipfire accuary would be significatly improved

Disadvantage while using the bipod:
    -You will be immobile
    -If you use the HA ability,you will be more noticible (since you are glowing)

One more thing,before you say this would let th engineer turret (The AI turret) without work,there is a few things you have to notice
    *You have to reload your LMG,which take longer than the cooldown of the turret (and turrets have infinity ammo)
    *The turrets shields,which dont drain your energy.While the HA shield does it.

So,what do you think,its good/bad idea? Any suggestion would be appreaciated
    • Up x 1
  2. FunBotan

Totally useless in PS2 context except maybe for sniper rifles. Infantry standing still = dead meat.
    As for snipers, i'd suggest a different mechanic: it should work like a permanent holdbreath and be available for rifles with 6x+ scopes. This might really be useful for super long range sniping.
    • Up x 3
  3. Neo3602

I think that it could be interesting, though if you are using a LMG you would have to carefully consider where you deploy to avoid getting shot by a sniper.
    • Up x 1
  4. Archard

If they did something like this it would probably just end up being a rail slot that reduces COF growth further while crouching and aiming down sights. Taken instead of a forward grip or laser sight.
  5. Eternaloptimist

So, taking something as hard hitting as, say, a Gauss SAW and removing the recoil? I think not (even with the disadvantage of having to stand still briefly while shooting). I've no objection to LMGs being more like modern day squad support weapons, bipods and all, but not while they are the mainstay weapon of the numerous HA class. Or maybe lower LMG calibre across the board (aka damage per bullet). Then allow the bipod option?

Or (mad thought here) a bit more concordance with real life military practice - asault rifle for HA (same as now or LMG -type performance but with smaller mag), carbines for support classes and LA and the option for engineers to cert into a bipod mounted LMG support weapon instead of the sniper bait AI Mana Turret? I guess Medics really don't need to lose their one big weapon advantage if we want anyone to play medic infuture so some kind of compensation prize for them maybe/ not sure what, maybe they could have access to the scout rifle (it's powerful, ranged and lighter than a BR in theory at least). Or just let them keep the AR if it really is a big issue.
  6. IberianHusky

It's a nice idea in theory, but in reality it would just end up like lockdown and be far too situational to be practical.
  7. Razzyman

When you hit BR120 would you be able to unlock it for your knife?
    • Up x 2
  8. Covah

Bipod for LMG'S ?

What happens when you deploy with a TR AI MAX ? You die.

Guess what happens when you deploy (cause bipod is some kind of deploy mode ok ?) whith a TR/VS/NC HA ? You die even more.

This game has no "suppression" mechanic so deploy is useless, people will just spot you, shoot you in the head end of story.
    • Up x 1
  9. Pikachu

The MAX is too big and slow in his deployment and has bad accuracy. LMG bipod would turn lmg into a kobalt and you finally get use of the x6 scope. Find some spot where people aren't expecting bullets from and start shooting. :)

BTW there is a bidpod in the files since years back, and this thing has been suggested years ago.
    • Up x 2
  10. Metrack12

....Why not? Also a ****bucket
    • Up x 1
  11. Gemenai

Would rather have something like bipods for sniper rifles.

+ 85% scope sway reduction ( you will still have to hold breath for targets near maximum render range)
    + 35% bullet velocity (you can now handle stronger ammunition)
    + 60% faster reload (1 bullet magazine; single bullet reload)
    (maybe + 10% damage)

*only equipable for BASR with 6x or higher scope magnifications
    *hipfire cone of fire allways at maximum
    *magazine size reduced to 1
    (* new single bullet reload animation)
    (* maybe allowing ADS only while crouching - therefor you can't lay down on the ground in this game)
  12. Carl1879

They had these in MAG on ps3, it worked while lying down but also if you crouched next to something of the appropriate heigh. It was quite well balanced it took a second to deploy and undeploy so that was a weakness and while it eliminated recoil on the gun you could only aim in an arc of where you were looking when you deployed and could only look a certain range to the sides and up or down making it very good for holding a point but very vulnerable to flanking/sniping/grenades.
  13. PatateMystere

LMG are supposed to be made to be deployed on bipods. They are defensive weapons, something to hold a position.
    Engi default ability should not be a AI turret but a portable and destroyable shield/wall to give cover in the open and give somewhere to HA to deploy their LMG.

As ANT system is coming, the ability for engies to build small wall should not be very difficult to handle.
  14. Iridar51

It could be simpler. Just make a specialized rail attachment that massively reduces recoil and possibly CoF bloom, but reduces ADS movespeed and hip fire accuracy even further.
  15. Ven Moonwall

I don't know... I think a bipod for LMGs could be really fun or different if done right.

However this raises a bigger question for me...
    why the hell cant we go prone or lay down? When someone dies and is reborn on Auraxis do they just forget how to lay down until they die, then they are all "Oh hey guys! I remembered how to lay down! Well **** i am dead and they cant hear me... oh well. Die [Insert Faction] SCUM!!"
  16. SW0V

There are two glaring issues with this proposition:
    1. Programming a new bipod feature into the game that would detect when it can/'t deploy would be a mountain of work for very little benefit.
    2. Even if it were introduced into the game, no one would use it for the same reason no one uses the anti-infantry MANA turret or lockdown on anti-infantry MAX. Mobility is paramount to survival.
    A change along the lines of:
    Is far more feasible.
  17. PatateMystere

Honnestly, we could have something that is not a bipod but does have the same effect. A little change in HA special hability:
    - when shield is up and he is standing still, the LMG have less recoil and lot less recoil per shot.

That mean the HA will be a easy target so we should surely buff the HA shield. It could be interesting to make it work differently if you are moving or not. Stand still shield = double shield maybe?
  18. LaughingDead

Thing is, heavy is already sort of a turret. To do that on a true turret mode or bipod mode scale is basically the anti infantry turret for engies.
  19. ChillyPhilly27

Standing still makes you easy headshot bait. The costs far outweigh the benefits
  20. LaughingDead

Engies beg the differ