[Suggestion] THE ONE FIX TO ALL STUPID COMBAT PROBLEMS.......

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Benton582, Jan 25, 2016.

1. Benton582

Points of Suggestion:
    A. Make Large Outposts and Resource Plants LARGER, so stupid 96 vs 96 fights don't make killing other players very difficult in these situations.
    B.REMOVE THE SOE FAILED INSTANT ACTION. REPLACE WITH MANDATORY SQUAD/FIRETEAMS.
    C. Create a redeploy prompt for players to redeploy to other battles to make fights more logistical and fair.
    This is a draft, not a final product. And read the entire thing after you fought in a Larger outpost/Resource Plant with that dumb pop called 96 v 96 fights, even to a lesser extent, 48 v 48.

-Word by word, because some dumb dumbs can't read for 5 seconds and then not argue something completely stupid or offtopic.
    -Obviously, this is going to take time, you can't just level scale everything.
    -Why? Because A, big fights should happen in LARGE outposts or resource plants(AMP, Biolab, and Tech.)
    -This will divert forces to practically spread out into 24 v 24 fights in smaller outposts that make up the maps. And not a F*CKING dumb fight that would demoralize and frighten players that can't get a single f*cking kill, because of all the bullet spam up their a##.
    -This would require another solution to completely fix, as people as still in platoons and not evenly spread out, therefore, it might require everyone to be put automatically in a squad when people enter a continent and be deployed where a even battle is being fought.
    -Also a map prompt when a major area, large outpost/resource plant is going down and give all players a choice to Redeploy, which will make it even.
    -This can be simplified, and remade into something useful, because FIRETEAMS seems practically useless, as the community in some empires lack the leadership to actually use them.
    -Scrap instant action, it's downright horrible, all it does is redeploy a poor sap into a crowd fighting a$$f*ck and make them literally leave the game. As did most players. Replaced by a automatic allocation system that I suggested just before, and this time, DON'T **** up, because SOE didn't complete it. This is literally a last chance, or it will AGAIN fail. And Daybreak shouldn't fail to deliver this, you Devs are so great.
    EDIT: Oh, and BTW, if someone would post a youtube link of above 96 v 96 example, that would be great, thanks!
  2. Eternaloptimist

Well now, where to begin............big fights happen where there are lots of people, regardless of how big or small a base is. Numbers count in combat and that's all there is to say about numbers. Sure, big fights are confused, sprawling affairs and they are target-rich environments so if you're the target you are going to have a bad time. But the reverse can happen as well and then you become the farmer, not the farmed. But I don't see what that has to do with where they are occuring.

I agree that instant action can still drop you into the middle of an instant death situation but it has improved now that it drops you near a spawn room or a spawn point and I use it more now to get into a fight quickly. As to mandating squad membership etc. I have to say that belonging to one might encourage someone to play with the team but they can still ignore everything the squad wants to do and do their own thing. I'm not sure either, that as a squad leader or squad member I'd want random members allocated to my team. Pubby squads can be occasionally useful and can be good for getting bonus squad support xp but it's a bit hit or miss. Outfit squads are probably the most effective but outfits get to choose who they accept (and so they should). I think its a bit early to say whether fire teams are a good thing or not. They've only been available for a few days.

I think people can already find and redeploy to areas that need reinforcements. Certainly you can press redeploy and then the list of "reinforcements needed" deployment options comes up on the big map screen. So I'm not sure what specific imrpovement you see needed here. In fact DBG is going in the other direction under the influence of what I assume is majority opinion. For example, they have made it more difficult to redeploy into bases that are cut off (which seems entirely logical to me).

You talked about making figths more logistical and fair. These two things don't go together. Logistics is about supply to help you keep going and numbers is a part of that, including logistical support like spawn Sundys. As to fair, I leave you with a comment from a real army commander (can't remember the name for now) - "If you find yourself in a fair fight you haven't done your planning properly".

It rather sounds to me as though you've been in a few fights you were not well equipped to handle, which is frustrating ( I've been there) but that is not necessarily the fault of the system. Pick your fights more carefully and your enjoyment might improve - it worked for me.
  3. Hegeteus

I'm all for even fights, but people can't just be herded into where it is logical for them to be. I personally participate only in fights where I'm truly needed, but if a large outfit wants to just zerg it, I can't imagine how the game could stop them from doing that within reasonable means
    Game has given power to the players, but it's undeniable that we have made a bit of a mess of it. You have good points there, but some might go a little too far, invading on players' personal choices to force good gameplay. It should be up to the players where they want to fight at, but I don't see any harm in using this(plus other posts') ideas in creating a good battle-flow system that players can and will use when it's appealing. There are plenty of ways to improve things(better battle-flow, outfits, bases, construction...) and it's important that these things will get worked on soon
  4. Taemien

Two ways to solve stupid problems players have. Both don't require anything from the devs.

1. Squad up. This solves 90% of issues right there. The other 10% is just inexperience and crashes.
    2. The Uninstall button. Seriously some of you just need to uninstall. PVP just isn't your bag.
  5. cheesepuffs324

If you're struggling to get kills with 96+ targets, you are doing it very wrong. Pull some armor, find a position that doesn't suck, it is really easy to get kills if you know what you're doing, which judging by the suggestions you are making you don't. Don't blame the game blame yourself benton.