why vs weapons suck so bad

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by plattner, Jan 25, 2016.

1. plattner

why do the vs weapons suck so much:( , really it seems that I have tried them all , and none do anything. the tr weapons and nc weapons just go though the vs player like butter:eek: . The devs have nerfed the vs to nothing but easy targets:confused: for the enemy, no wonder so many have went to the other sides. Come on devs give the vs a weapon that works.
    • Up x 1
  2. AlterEgo

Bro, ALL VS weapons can do something. While I agree that VS weapons suck in terms of aesthetics or capability (i.e. Alien weapons have exact same stats of enemy guns), they are just as able to kill people like NC and TR weapons.
    • Up x 3
  3. Plastikfrosch

yep, carbines just look like stupid big pistols and the LMGs like giant dildos.
    --> carbines (for all factions) need stocks by default. i mean the ns11c and even some carbines have stocks and they look so much better with them and LMGs and ARs do all have stocks and its a big plus for the optic.
    and the sound.....i have to switch to the other two factions simply because i cant stand the pewpewpew for too long (or go for the NS weapons).
    And while i think that the VS LMGs are in a good place with damage per mag i think the carbines and ARs should get 5 more rounds per mag therefore they should get a longer reload speed (and with the 5 more rounds they would be on par with NC weapons when it comes to damage per mag). VS carbines and ARs are a pest if your enemy (esp. HAs) starts to do the medkit dance. While TR and NC weapons are capable to get those guys, thanks to higher damage per mag, vs weapons are more likely to run out of ammo before the enemy runs out of medkits.
  4. Mxiter

If you can't kill anything, its not the weapons performance that sucks....
    • Up x 2
  5. FieldMarshall

I recommend playing TR/NC up to ~BR30 and going back to VS with a fresh unbiased perspective.

I dont really like VS weapons in general, but you make it sound like TR/NC weapons are miles ahead of VS weapons in performance and melts everything.
    Some VS weapons are better than their NR/TR counterparts. Overall its fairly even.
    • Up x 1
  6. Azawarau

I played NC to 100 before trying TR or Vanu

Hated TR weapons

LOVE VS weapons
  7. Haquim

That is not how I perceive them. Grante I barely spend time on NC and VS, but usually the weapons are like this.

NC - kicks like a mule. Really gotta compensate a lot.

TR - where the hell is this thing going??? Horrendous horizontal recoil - which cannot be compensated. Prepare to be amazed about the accuracy when the RNG keeps it centered.

VS - Recoil? Those lights though....
    • Up x 1
  8. customer548

Vs weaponry fireworks. :eek:
    Tr weaponry horizontal recoil can be almost nullified with taking care of your burst, but yeah...it's still messy :D
  9. Haquim

Bursting resets the recoil, both horizontal and vertical, thats true.
    But that still makes it a liability. Assuming we have the same DPS and the same accuracy, if I have to burst (more) and the enemy just needs to drag his mouse down, I'm gonna lose.
  10. AxiomInsanity87

Typical VS.

Ease of use across their whole arsenal and vehicles

Weapons that are capable of filling 2 roles at once or come with perks such as no need to reload

How much easier and effective do you want it?.
  11. Trillsiker

TR have twice the vanu magazine
    NC have twice the vanu firepower

And guess what ! we have ... we have.... we haaaavveeeee.......

Reload speed !!!!!!!

Ho yeah ! now we can charge twice faster than the guy who killed 15vanu in one magazine daka daka Tr or you can reload faster than the guy who need 4rounds to kil you while you need almost your entire magazine.

But we have spandex ! i think that alone can justify our faction trait are a bad joke :D
  12. Eternaloptimist

I did find most VS LMGs were disappointingly innacurate at range when I first ried them due to CoF and bloom but there is the Orion (a beast at close and medium certainly) and the SV88 laser accurate at long range. I haven't played VS (or any faction) HA for a while so I may be out of date now but I found the Polaris an effective all round LMG. And as for carbines..........the Solstice is a decent carbine, the burst variant is ridiculously accurate and good at killing at medium to long range and the VX6-7 is a really good combination of RoF and manageability for CQC. So no, I think you need to practice your shooting skills, burst fire, accuracy, using the right sight, using weapons at their most effective range, leading moving targets and if all that is not helping, lower your aimed mouse sensitivity a bit (mine is 0.33 down from the default 0.5 and it made a big difference for me)
  13. Pikachu

You goy it wrong. Vanu is the op faction.
  14. Moridin6

but have you tried the lasher?

lol
    not that i dont love both mine
  15. Reclaimer77

Yeah I get crap here for having "horrible" accuracy on my TR alt, but honestly, I don't know how anyone can get in the high 30% accuracy using these guns at any kind of range. Coming from a VS main, the horizontal jitter is just SO hard to compensate for on TR carbines and LMG's. Burst fire isn't always an option either. Sometimes you just gotta lay on the trigger and pray the Dakka Dakka gods grant you favor.
  16. AxiomInsanity87

Ease of use

Not op.
  17. Stigma

VS weapons are generally much like TR guns except with less random (horizontal) recoil and fast reloads - at the cost of not having the larger clips that (some) TR guns have (in a nutshell).

In terms of DPS, bulletdamage and such they are for the most part very similar. It is misconception that TR guns have higher ROF/DPS. The only outlier is the TRV (845rpm) that VS assault-rifles can't match, but then in return the TR have no match for the RPM of the Serpent in the carbine category. Everywhere else VS and TR guns for the most part have guns that mirror each other in the most crucial stats, with slight empire-spesific twists on them.

What I'm trying to say is that VS guns are pretty normal. If you don't have any luck with using them it is unlikely that TR guns would do you much good. The NC guns are really the most unique ones for. IMO they have both the biggest pros (alpha damage, non-random recoil and skill ceiling) and the biggest cons (harder to get used to for new players).

Go and play some TR and VS to get some better perspective on their weapons. You can't judge them fairly on the receiving end.
    -Stigma
  18. plattner

the lasher in planetside 1 was really good lasher 2 in ps2 just plain sucks as main infantry weapon, its more of a light show than gun now as is most vs guns all lights and no show............ oh yes I have played all 3 factions since 2003...
  19. Call-Me-Kenneth

math disagrees with you... guns are fine balance wise.

that said, VS guns are incredibly BORING. they are all slight variations, and they have no identity at all. TR and specially NC are pretty unique.
  20. Towie

Well the Lasher is just kinda - different. Good for spamming / area denial (especially multiple Lashers) but if you come up against someone 1v1, you're kinda dead. The glowing disco balls tend to attract infiltrators from miles around too, just trace them back and there is your target. I prefer the TR minigun - rarely use the Lasher.

I find that VS in general have more different stuff - also stuff that is very strong when used in coordinated groups but weak individually (thinking Lancer here).

NC tend to have more individually powerful weapons - Phoenix is useful and great fun and a Raven Max is a handful.

Back to guns - all factions have decent guns, the problem only comes when switching factions often. If you switch from VS to NC for example, you have to keep your finger well away from the reload button. Glaciers have melted before the Gauss SAW completes a reload...