MOM it killed me, NERF IT

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Moridin6, Jan 24, 2016.

1. Moridin6

im ok with a specific cert line for anti c4 defense
  2. Hegeteus

If you guys really want to boycott threads like that, then you need to stop elevating them by posting into them and making entire threads and posts about them, giving them only more attention

Whenever a thread about C4 is made, you will do your damnest to prolong it's lifespan so you can keep bombarding it with as much hatred and bitterness as possible. Then as a bonus, you will throw a new thread about it and post passive-aggressive stuff about C4 in other threads. I know it's unfair to give so much criticism to threads and posts that were never meant to handle it and that the truth is ugly, but seeing this kind of stuff just pisses me off

I like how random math always makes it into the threads no matter what they're about
  3. Goretzu

I'm not bothered by C4 Fairies, but to be honest I very much doubt their actual in-game reality was ever the Devs intention - in fact possibly the only reason it has survived is because there's no been any other viable way to buff/change LAs (although paradoxically it may well be the power of C4 with LAs that has created that reality).

EMP grenades are fine, being able to throw grenades through walls, not so much.
    • Up x 1
  4. Haquim

I think thats rather unsurprising.
    To be able to discuss about something objectively it is necessary to first establish a common ground about the values at hand. Usually that has been one way in the past, a kg means the same whomever I talk to. In this case this common ground has to be established first, which is what I am trying to do.
    Of course it is a futile attempt, for several reason.
    Mainly because the specific objects of this discussion are far too dependent on situational factors that cannot be evaluated.
  5. Mustarde

I have a lot of historical memory on Planetside 2, having been involved with the game since launch as well as being an avid poster and advocate for balance issues. The game - in general- is SO MUCH BETTER right now balance-wise. Now, there are probably hundreds or thousands of nerf/whine threads that have been made here and on reddit over the last 3 years. Only a select few of them happened to correctly predict or influence the devs to actually change something in-game. And the devs have made clear that they have their own ways of statistically analyzing weapon/platform performance outside of the oracle of death, which provides interesting data that can be interpreted many different ways.

I'll just list a few things that have been changed in the name of balance over the years.

-Rocketpods
    -HE tank shells
    -Zephyr, dalton, shredder (anyone remember release zephyr? Or splash damage shredders?)
    -Banshee (AH nerf when???)
    -Shotguns (twice)
    -sticky grenades (last year we discovered they were applying double damage lol)
    -Nanoweave (arguably a rebalance but most see it as a nerf)
    -Rocket launchers (twice)
    -PPA, fury, marauder (I think people forget how good the marauder was once you slapped it on a harasser)
    -Harassers (I do miss the days when my harasser was more deadly than a 2/2 MBT)
    -Frag grenades
    -Underbarrel grenade launchers (twice)

We could go on but the point of this is - yes, some of it is whining, some of it is just salt, but there are a lot of good changes that were made to the game. In my eyes, we are at the point where a lot of the really massive problems have been dealt with and we are now down to finer tweaks to balance. Things like slightly adjusting the Pulsar LSW's moving COF from 0.35 to 0.4. Or making changes to the HA overshield (while significant in terms of symbolism, the actual impact of the change was not too great). EMP grenades are perhaps a bit over the top now. The valkyrie still needs squad spawn by default. ES secondaries desperately need optics. The Airhammer has slowly continued to demonstrate that it is too versatile, and too effective at farming ground peasants. But none of this is as game breaking as some of the things listed above.

I will continue suggesting balance changes to the game. Not because of some "nerf what kills me" rant, but because I want to see the game improve, and remain enjoyable for players. I also think the developers made some really strange decisions early in the lifecycle of this game, and we are dealing with them today (max suits are a strange paradigm worth an entirely different thread for example). Balance is a journey of small steps, and we shouldn't be afraid of advocating for those changes. Just realize that the vast majority of your ideas will never make it to live. But hopefully a few good ideas will help nudge the game in the right direction.
    • Up x 2
  6. Hegeteus

I understand and respect what you're doing, but I'm worried it will fall to deaf ears. A lot of people clearly wish to remain bitter and biased, endlessly arguing and stooping pretty low to make opposing group of players look bad
    • Up x 1
  7. SpartanPsycho

The game is better because after the infantryside cry nerfs, of which you are a loud supporter, the game's pop declined in the thousands.

Still think maxes should be deleted from PS2?

Your hypocrisy is rivaled only by your oblivious ignorance of the consequences of your actions.
  8. Mustarde

I shudder to think of how many players left the game due to the rocketpods and zephyr on release (and the fact that it was left that way for months).

In my opinion, the problem with the vehicle aspect of the game is that SOE introduced long range AV, both for maxes and infantry, which creates mobile and difficult to counter no-vehicle zones all over the map. Lancers, vortex, raven, gatekeeper, (former fracture but now rip), comets... they make it almost impossible for tanks to fight other tanks anywhere near a base. And if you pull enough armor, someone will pull long range AV and wipe it out.

As far as maxes are concerned, they need a massive revamp and desperately. But if they aren't fixed, then yeah, the game would actually be in a much better place if they were deleted, or only allowed to pull busters (and made cheaper). Both from a vehicle and infantry perspective.

But hey, that's just like, my opinion man.
  9. Pikachu

Yeah afterit had been around for 15 months it became popular to think of shredder as OP, before that it had the 'social status' of beamer.
  10. Reclaimer77

Why do you need HE? I mean all I hear from tankers is that they "always" use AV and never used HE spam. So what difference would it make, right?
  11. Hegeteus

OP of this thread is complaining about threads that he alone keeps alive by filling them with hateful crap every 5 minutes and then wonders why there's so much of them on the first page. Which is why it would be best if this thread was ignored and OP in turn would ignore the threads he rants about
    • Up x 1
  12. Haquim

I don't think rocketpods and zephyr had such a great impact.
    To be honest it was kind an entirely different game back then - everybody was level 10 or so.
    Instead of "WTF is this overpowerd ****, I'm gonna post 600 words on the forums to tell them how angry I am. And it will all be SHIFT KEY"
    it was more like "HOLY **** that thing is overpowered.... I want one!"
    ESFs were a little bit of an exception since people quickly noticed that it wasn't as easy as it seemed - but back then G2A was not very common, and lolpods truly powerful, so even bad pilots farmed the hell out of fights.
    Also I have the feeling that I barely had any connection issues back then, and I also don't remember people rendering literally in my face, or 20 bullets only dealing 300 damage, or enemies that killed me before I even see them raising their gun.....

Infantery having AV options that outrange tanks was and is a bad thing, no arguments there.
    I heard that some designers never wanted MAXes - for balance reasons. But higby powered them through because they are part of planetside....
    And I think they would be easily fixable. They are bipedal vehicles - treat them as such. No revive once dead, and most problems with MAXes will vanish.
  13. Liewec123

and old grenade falcon! <3 <3 R.I.P
  14. Moridin6

i dont agree with you that remaining quiet and Hoping the devs dont listen to them is a good option..
  15. Hegeteus

Whatever the devs may or may not do, I doubt they're demented enough to look for ideas in here
  16. Reclaimer77

I don't know...that thread from John Galt was pretty offensive. He wants LA's nerfed and tanks buffed because he and other idiots kept trying to drive down the same path despite getting farmed over and over again by superior tactics and players who had the high-ground.

Something is just wrong with your thought process if you aren't aware of how tactically bad it is to give up the high-ground to infantry in this game is if you are in a land vehicle...
    • Up x 1