[Vehicle] Mjolnir needs changes.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Jake the Dog, Sep 22, 2015.

1. Sebastien

If you take the ghetto blaster you're objectively a ****ter. You can control where you engage the enemy, but the short range and inaccuracy of molwhatever means you're restricted to pb, where any other weapon the Vanguard can take will let you push engagement distance way further out so you don't **** yourself. Essentially you're not playing to your maximum potential when you take the gb
  2. Cyrek

It is a generally good weapon against infantry, max, ground vehicles and liberators/galaxies, because you are right the Mjolnir is horrible doesn't even fill any niches that the enforcer already fills, hell the canister is just a vintage weapon for when you want to mess around, and this one isn't an exception.

Also refrain from personal attacks.
  3. Xellon

After using the Mjol for some weeks now, I think I've seen it perform long enough to make a suggestion about it.

Overall, speaking from a Harrasser's perspective, I think the Mjolnir is pretty well balanced when it comes to combating MBT's,
    Lightnings and Sunderers. If you manage to get in close without being noticed, there's a lot of hurt your Victim is going to suffer!

However, if there's Harrasser-Harrasser Combat going on, the Mjolnir has a distinct disadvantage against the other Empires CQC-AV Secondaries when it comes to playing at the upper end of it's effective range, as many here already noticed: Both Vulcan and Aphelion loose shots due to CoF too, but not as many as the Mjolnir. (This might also apply to MBT-MBT Combat, but I didn't buy the Mjol for my Vanguard...)

Some suggested to just shrink the max. CoF to a more precise level, but I personally prefer a different approach:

How about changing the shots it takes to reach max. CoF from 4 to 8? If we, maybe, also reduce the CoF reset time a little, a Gunner using the Mjolnir could just trade in some DpS for higher accuracy over range by not firing at max. RpM! Instead, he would space the salvos a bit further apart to give the CoF some time to reset.
    This would also allow for hurling in those last few shots you might need to finish an burning enemy, when you've already taken a lot of damage and your Driver is already on the retreat.

To my disgrace, I couldn't find reliable raw DpS Numbers for the three ES CQC AV-Weapons, so if somebody brings them up and it turns out that willingly reducing the RoF hurts the DpS of the Mjolnir too much to be still viable, consider this Suggestion null and void and never said! ;)
    • Up x 1
  4. Cuze

It definitely needs is max CoF tuned down a bit. I was using it yesterday and a lightning was rubbing up against the side of our Vanguard, and the cross-hair was almost as big as the lightning was wide.
  5. Alexkruchev

I think removing the long range harasser gun is horrible idea. Harassers aren't mobile enough to escape a Magrider with magburner, and lightnings can easily keep up with them in most real situations. (Trust me, I get chased by lightnings ALL THE TIME), and they catch me without even having racer chassis.

I would rather Harassers lose their CQC ESAV turrets, as those do seem kinda wonky. (That new VS Aphelion trumps the Vulcan hands down- I've used both extensively to say the Aphelion is far better. No bullet drop vastly increases that weapon system's accuracy and range over the Vulcan's, and that charge shot is devastating. The Gatekeeper? It's already been nerfed somewhat. Lower MV, and more spread than it previously had. For AT work, the Halberd is arguably better except whenused en masse, but no body uses harasser guns en masse anymore as that is how things were back in the glory days of PS2, but currently, large vehicle fights are very very rare. Mostly it's massive armor on one side versus massive infantry on the other... zergs intentionally avoiding one another. So, theGatekeeper, while excellent as an addition to the TR, does not matter as much as people think. AFterall, it's a slightly more AV capable basilisk, which is noticably worse against infantry. Halberd is still decent versus infantry, and I frequently found myself wishing I had a Halberd instead of a Gatekeeper. The Gatekeepers main draw to me is it's ability to hurt low flying aircraft with a bit of skill.
  6. Jake the Dog

I'm not really trying to attack you personally, Im just rather confused by how you think the enforcer is too good.Especially when compared to the GK or Saron. Besides I doubt you were high when you wrote that, although, it is a possibility.

Outside of the ludicrous speculation you just spewed in your post, this point is what this thread is trying to address. Both the Aphellion and Vulcan can carry out their job with some effectiveness at ranges beyond 50m, the Mjol cannot with reasonable effectiveness engage targets.

I don't truly care whether or not you think CQC tanking is for scrubs, and that you're so much safer hiding way off in the distance taking pot shots at tanks that will just get to cover if they have any kind of intelligence. My points are that the Mjol is terrible because it is restricted to only the PB range.
  7. 23rd enigma

A little damage buff will go a long way.
    Maybe instead of the max 600 dmg per burst ( which the enforcer outclassses past 5 meters), make it do 800 or 900.
    it should be a little more powerfull then vulcan dps wise sine the range on it is such crap with COF bloom and drop.
    • Up x 1
  8. Jake the Dog

At this point its probably going to get tossed into the same bin that the fractures are in. Im also pretty sure fractures are so covered in dust rn, that the devs would need a shovel to find them.
    • Up x 1
  9. Metrack12

I would suggest make it full auto or just somenthing that shoots bullets instead of grenade launcger.In my opinion,the Mjolnir is more like a (******) support weapon,but it cant even do that.
  10. TheRunDown

On a Vanguard the Enforcer is better.. but technically the Mjolnir better at close range than a G30 Vulcan, but it's very rare for a Vanguard to get in the ranges it works at, now you know what the TR have been dealing with for the last 3 years..

On a Harasser, it's better than a Vulcan-H, in a Harasser vs Harasser close range DPS race, the Mjolnir wins. I've used the Vulcan-H for many years now, and the Mjolnir has on many occasions rekt our Harassers..

The DPS one all the the secondary weapons are the same, but combined with a Titan AP vs none anchor mode Prowler, the Vanguard should always Win.. Not forgetting broken shield.. which I believe should of been changed to a resistance shield (Damage % mitigation) years ago.. not full on Invincibility.. I've Anchor Mode'd some Vanguards and they just pop their shield on the first hit, find you and easily out Damage a Prowler..