BLM claims racism in planetside 2

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by DooDooBreff, Jan 15, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shiaari

Nowhere did I seek to imply that China was "good." Topics like these are far too esoteric for such bland generalities as "good" and "bad."

And let's not go down the human rights record, mmkay? We've done some things here Stateside that make Tienanmen Square and Falun Gong look like initiation pranks.

China is an example of a communist model that works for its population, an objective refutation of the notion that "communism has failed everywhere it has been tried." Asian culture and history is conducive to such collectivist thinking. The family, the clan, and the state, has always come before the individual in that part of the world.

The way China manipulates its currency is a proof that their system works for them, because no one can stop them from doing that. In laissez faire societies like our own, that kind of policy is considered blasphemy, but for the Chinese currency--just like markets--are nothing more than a means to an end. They are not sacro-sanct the way they are here in the West. They exist to be manipulated and exploited for the benefit of the most.

In China, the people are the masters of the market. Not the other way around. This is not to say that they are not affected by markets. They are. But, rather, to say they do not tolerate being exploited by a market. They exploit it. And bravo to them. I applaud them for not playing by capitalist economic rules, opting instead to play by their own rules. That's why Chinese is the most widely spoken language in the world, and why they will be the second super power to set foot on the moon, and why they are quickly eclipsing us (the United States) as the preeminent power pole on the planet.

Here in the West we treat markets and economics like forces unto themselves. We speak of markets as if they have a life and intelligence of their own. That kind of thinking is what has placed us in the predicament we are in right now. Markets are nothing more than human constructs of supply and demand, and the only people who seek free markets are those in position to profit the most from them, and much money is spent by those same people (the wealthy) to convince people like you and I that free markets are to our best benefit, as well.

They're not.

Our species is not best benefited by individualism and free markets. It is best benefited by collective cooperation and equitable (not necessarily equal) distribution of resources. The largest group of us that finally figures that out will be the ones that carry humanity into the future.

I would greatly prefer that to be Western civilization, but I'll happily accept any other.
    • Up x 1
  2. A_Deer

Before I can debate this with you I guess I need to understand your definition of "a communist model that works for its population"
  3. Reclaimer77

We have an African American President who has almost single handedly destroyed 70+ years of race relations and has plunged us back into a new Civil Rights movement. The irony is...staggering. I never thought race relations would actually get worse after we elected an AA President.

We have a Liberal media who intentionally race baits to the point of causing race riots by publishing knowingly false stories like "Hands Up Don't Shoot".

Oh and hey, Jada Pinkett, do you REALLY think a bunch of white people decided they hated Will Smith because of his race and snubbed him? Uhhh no, the truth is that movie sucked and your husbands performance, while good, was simply not quite good enough. Also it's just not that interesting of a movie. WOW, we're all so shocked that people who smash their heads into other guys heads might suffer some health problems afterwards. OMG!!! Who knew!!??
    • Up x 1
  4. DooDooBreff

the thing is, hes not an african American, whether i like obama or not, he is an american. hes part black not african. just luke im not an European American. i give you thumbs up anyway
  5. MikeyGeeMan

This op post makes me laugh.

Know what I used to play with my boys in the ghetto.

Spades son. Spades. Ace of spades trumps the house.

I mean get off the high horse.
    • Up x 1
  6. thebigbortishbort

as an aussie , we are experts at being racists and i say if you think hard enough about anything you can make something racist with it , get over it ;p

spooky spooky f**kin racist spades
    • Up x 1
  7. DooDooBreff

pls explain
  8. Shiaari

There are dissidents in every society. Hell, we have a group of whackos in Oregon right now who blame the feds for everything from a man losing custody of his kids, to the lawful enforcement of conservation laws enacted by their own states.

No means of governance will be accepted by all. Ergo, if it works for most, it works for all. That is how a democracy is supposed to work anyway, right?
  9. thebigbortishbort

to put it simply , anything can be racist , even if they have no connection if you are enough of a d**khead, what gets me is where the hell does spades have to do with your friend being black , even so why is it important.

i like that growing up proposition someone said before.
  10. DooDooBreff

why dont you ask the blm. bring up the oscars while youre at it
  11. AxiomInsanity87

Check your privilege with that white coloured text mate ;)
    • Up x 1
  12. FateJH

Actually, we don't post with that font color.

This is some light gray.
    This is white.
    Black is invisible.
  13. AxiomInsanity87

That's discrimination ;)
  14. Badname707

It doesn't. He very clearly made this whole thing up to rabble rouse against BLM/black people.
  15. thebigbortishbort

the oscars as in the awards? or...

seems pretty much like it yeah , suprised it hasnt been closed yet since it really doesn't belong.
  16. Lord_Avatar

I refuse to believe this thread is nine pages long...
    • Up x 2
  17. DooDooBreff

you dont know because youre from australia... stick to what youre good at, like kangaroo herding or whatever, other than getting lippy about other countries cultures that you dont know anything about
  18. Pelojian

what Australians can't know anything about other countries? be honest there's plenty of knowledge in the world, nationality doesn't mean squat. people can know lots about other countries and not know **** about their own.

nobody knows everything, nationality has nothing to do with it.
  19. Bu11ish

Don't you see he's being ironic.
  20. DooDooBreff

actually it does have something to do with it. i didnt intend to bash all australians. but the fact is that an australian that has the internet, and access to Justin Bieber albums does not make them an expert on american racism. just like how me seeing both of the crocodile dundee movies does not make me able to become a bushman, and go on walk about, mate.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.