Aphelion VEX-4 Too Powerful.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Scifi, Jan 20, 2016.

1. DeadlyOmen

Agree three million percent.

I think balance is the wrong word. Given your above, I think "primary determining factor in player appeasement" is more appropriate.
    1. Because of what you say above.
    2. There can be no balance in a game that does not have immutable benchmarks.

Anyway, thoughtful and fun to read post. Thanks.
    • Up x 1
  2. Imp C Bravo

I have to admit. Ya got me there. I see what you mean about the error I made there. Fair enough -- sounds like your way of determining theoretical 2/2 tank usage is pretty sound. Good analysis.

From just my subjective opinion I would say Mags are the weakest MBT but are the most flexible with their mobility (albeit lowest accel/tied for lowest top speed.) Prowlers are the strongest with the least flexibility requiring immobility to perform at their max damage potential but high accel and top speed. Vanguards right in the middle with the optional "I overextended, time to pop my shield and pull back a bit" option but low accel top speed (only slightly higher than the . Just how I feel.

As far as Aphelion -- I think we can all agree that H version of Aphel and Vulc are a tad high on the DPS and that the Aphel has a higher skill ceiling for performing as well as the vulcan. I wish I could comment on the Mjolnir but I've not played with it and can't make any fair comments.
  3. Vectore

The number of people who know that the APH fires a charge 750 dmg shot after 6 continuous shot is not very high
    • Up x 1
  4. Crayv

A charge shot with no-drop and perfect accuracy.
  5. Vectore

imagine firing 2 and a half viper shots at the same time with perfect accuracy and higher muzzle velocity. Now that would be pretty powerful in the hand of capable experienced gunner, considering you can hit every target with it, including esf (also, the charge shot has a flat disk-like shape with bigger hitbox which means less skill cap comparing to AP cannons).
  6. LodeTria

It depends on the gun, but some can indeed 1-clip MBTs & lightnings from behind. The vanguard shield is only oddball because it can save you as you rotate. It does take most of the magazine mind you:

GK: 23 Rounds.
    Vulcan: 31 Rounds left, closest range, 90 At 100m (misses start to happen though, so it varies)
    Aphellion: 31 area, but varies a lot because of charge. At closest range it takes 38 raw shots, no releases.
    Saron: 16 Shots.
    Enforcer: 9 Shots
    Meow meow: 28 shots, or 7 clicks due to it's burst nature.
    Halberd: 5 shots.

I used the magrider in VR to get these numbers, and assuming no misses.
  7. Gundem

Vanguard has 5% greater resist from the rear, gotta retest all those m8(Though most of the time a Vanguard shouldn't be facing the meowmeow from the rear... Most of the time)
  8. LodeTria

GK: 23 Rounds.
    Vulcan: 57 rounds at closest range.
    Aphellion: 37 rounds, closest range, no release
    Saron: 16 Shots.
    Enforcer: 9 Shots
    Meow meow: 28 shots, or 7 clicks due to it's burst nature.
    Halberd: 5 shots.

I used the magrider in VR to get these numbers, and assuming no misses.

Special snowflake vanguard rear resistance:

Vulcan: 59 Rounds closest range
    GK: 23 Rounds
    Saron: 16 shots
    Apheilion 34 rounds no release (this is really bizarre that it takes less on a vanguard than on a magrider/prowler, can some else test this?).

I changed the format so it's rounds per kill instead of what's left in the mag.
  9. Lord_Avatar

Mainly due to the virtue of being drunk, but after realising "Meow Meow" = "Mjolnir" I spat beer all over my screen... :D
  10. Gustavo M

"Hi guys I'm so drunk I can still type correctly"
    Ahhh, to be young again.
  11. Jubikus

To be fair it takes a 2 man crew and if your in heavy armor with the same 2 man crew they not only have the main cannon shooting at them but something of the same quality as their own weapon at the same time if you ever lose its because you missed or were caught completely off guard in which case you should lose.
  12. ColonelChingles

It's the same statistical error that results in the myth that the NC TK the most. Sure the NC might TK the most, but that's just because there are simply the most NC around. Per capita the VS actually TK the most (which makes sense, with Lashers and Magmowers).

That's strange... as far as I can tell all MBTs have the same 30% resistance from the rear. That might have changed at some point though and published sources are simply out of date.

Do you know when they gave the Vanguard an additional 5% to the rear?
  13. Gundem

I think it's always had 5% more resist. As LodeTria just tested, it takes a couple more Vulcan rounds from the rear to down a Vanguard.

I'm assuming that the Aphelion, GK and Saron have too much alpha damage for the resist to matter.

And then the Aphelion I have no idea, perhaps erroneous testing(Already weakened vanguard perhaps) or it's just bugged.
  14. ColonelChingles

I'm pretty sure that's not the rear armour of the Vanguard, but that the Vanguard resists 43% of all APMG rounds instead of the 41% that Prowlers and Magriders take.

In case you didn't know, there are two values that modify weapon damage. The first is directional armour, and the second is weapon-type resistance. The Vanguard should have the same rear armour as all MBTs, but it slightly resists Vulcans better from any direction.

The wiki entry is here.
  15. Jacques Cayton II

An harraser can one clip a mbt.......
  16. Jacques Cayton II

That flat disk wave shots hit box is the same as a bullet.
  17. Lord_Avatar

I was simply drunk - not smashed to the point of salivating profusely on my keyboard... ;)
  18. Gundem

^mfw implies Lord_Avatar isn't completely smashed anytime of the day
  19. Lord_Avatar

I do have periods of relative sobriety, as dreadful as they are.
  20. Bu11ish

ik it has spin up... It's not punished for stopping in the middle of a clip because the the burst shot.