BLM claims racism in planetside 2

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by DooDooBreff, Jan 15, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. orangejedi829

Haha, that's... not quite right..
    • Up x 1
  2. DooDooBreff

sure it is. and theres nothing wrong about it... just people are way to sensitive about this kind of things unless bragging rights are involved with certain aspects of their species.

any downside will suddenly be considered racist, and now were all one species again, which is false. but hey... politics trumps science

is a german shepard and a doberman the same?

only in the sense that they are both canines... do you agree?
  3. Badname707

No, species has a specific meaning. All humans are the same species just as all breeds of dogs are the same species. In fact, the most different human beings have far more in common genetically than the two most different dogs.

To qualify as a different species, two creatures would need to mate and they would either have to be unable to have offspring, or have offspring that were infertile (liger, mule, etc). Humans are all VERY much the same species. Races are physically identifiable, but genetically speaking, two people of the same race may have less in common genetically than two people of different races.

Anyways, **** off with your ignorant ****. Just **** right off.

And to everyone else still feeding this thread, I am very dissapointed.
    • Up x 1
  4. orangejedi829

Actually, 'canine' (canidae) is the family (containing multiple species). Fox, Wolf, etc. are species of canine (species indicate distinct groups that are different enough that cross-breeding is not generally possible). Dogs are a 'breed' of wolves whose traits have been 'optimized' by human selection over thousands of years. Dog 'breeds', then, are the result of further extents of this type of selection. But wolves and all dog breeds are all part of the same species, Canis Lupus, with dogs being allowed the title Canis Lupus Familiaris because of their domestication. As such, they can all interbreed.

In the same way, humans are all the same species. 'Race' is a 100% made-up classification used to easily identify peoples based on shared traits (for better or for worse). It's very similar to breeds in dogs, but we don't call it 'breeds' because there was no artificial selection involved, and thus what defines any given 'race' is usually not consistent enough to be considered empirical. An example of a different species from humans, from the same family (Great Apes, a.k.a. Hominidae) would be chimpanzees.
    • Up x 1
  5. CovertYank

This thread is brought to you by:

[IMG]
    • Up x 2
  6. Badname707

The OP is literally someone just like you. I don't normally care enough to reply to these, but c'mon, give yourselves a little credit.
  7. SpartanPsycho

I think he's trolling. I think most liberals are trolling. I don't see how any rational person can support some of the things they do.
  8. AxiomInsanity87

Government owning businesses is communism.
  9. DooDooBreff

i think communism just gets a bad rap because a few bad apples tried to apply it
    • Up x 1
  10. AxiomInsanity87

Humans are bad apples.

Communism places complete and total control in the government
    • Up x 1
  11. Pelojian

No such thing as a good government, the only difference between governments is what they do wrong and the scale they do it.

absolute power corrupts absolutely.
    • Up x 2
  12. Shiaari

If you only knew what you were talking about. The postal service is in debt because a Republican congress imposed debt upon the organization in 2006 in the form of the prefunding mandate. See page 7 and 8 of this PDF, and pay close attention to where it says:

That's called the prefunding mandate.

The organization was always profitable. It didn't cease being profitable until your neocon buddies decided to sabotage it in an effort to manufacture a crisis. Each year the USPS pays over 5 BILLION dollars to prefund benefits for employees it hasn't even hired yet. It is the only governmental (quasi-governmental, to be more precise) organization to be so burdened.

Why? Because, Republicans want to privatize everything. They dream of a day when there won't be a postal service anymore, forgetting that the federal government is constitutionally required to have one. For them, the USPS is the symbol of the big bad government they want to implode. In its place, for-profit everything! WHOOHOO! Opportunity for the already rich, to get even more rich, to sell you an idea you don't even understand.

http://www.cnbc.com/id/45018432

The difference between you and I isn't politics. Its information. I have it. You don't.
    • Up x 4
  13. ChUnKiFieR

Yes tried and failed. Every time it's been tried all over the world!

Oh you're just going to love it if we all get to "Feel the Bern". I hope you love paying 90 to 95% of your income in taxes from every paycheck. (You probably don't even get a paycheck living with mommy and daddy.) You don't even know the difference between capitalism and communism because liberal professors don't teach it anymore. All they teach you is it's bad to be rich because some starving third worlder has a face full of flies.

The reason they don't teach it is because they've been brainwashed themselves into believing that brainwashing you will benefit the country and wipe out capitalism. Don't you get it? Democrats will never wipe out capitalism because evil can't exist without good! In 240 years of American history the Democrats have never been able to wipe out capitalism and you think you have a chance now? Get a life,, and a library card.

What a neophyte!
  14. SpartanPsycho

lel
  15. PYROxSYCO

This is kind of funny. heh heh heh
  16. Obstruction

the only thing you're not saying here, that i would add, is that 'Race' is a conflation of phenotype and culture. both play easily into xenophobia and so the two often get confused very badly as being one thing. i suppose that's because each culture or subculture often has an associated set of phenotypical characteristics - which is to say people are usually enculturated into social groups that share their same characteristics. usually, but not always. and that is where the conflation becomes apparent.

i suppose it is also worth pointing out just how closely related all humans currently alive actually are. our genetics are all so close that it has been determined that our species reached a low point of about 2000 individuals at one point, and we all come from those 2000 Africans.

this thread is a little depressing, but you have to remember that in a pretty wide portion of the US they don't teach evolution, and actively disbelieve it or teach contrary material where possible. i grew up in the American south, just pre-internet; i didn't actually learn the mechanics of evolution by natural selection until i was somewhere in my 20s studying various sciences on my own after more material was available from universities online. it was only then that i remembered my highschool biology teacher skipping the entire chapter on evolution because 'he didn't want to deal with it,' (meaning student/teacher/admin backlash.)

and yeah, this thread can die any time now.
  17. Shiaari

Like what? Please, give the class an example.
  18. Shiaari

Completely false. The only failure was the Soviet model, which failed because it was a centrally planned economy.

Markets are the best at predicting demand. Without one the old Soviet Union was unable to know where--for example--shoes were most needed, or toilet paper, or other such life essentials.... like food. They had plenty of all of these things, but without a way of knowing who needed it there was no way for them to move something as vital as grain to where it was most needed. So, often times crops would rot in the pastures, or in storage.

There are other communist models out there that are not centrally planned, like China's for example. Their current exposure to market volatility is driving their state-owned banking system insane right now, but just watch what happens in the coming weeks. They're going to pull an economic hat trick that makes FDR look like kindergartner, such is their degree of economic control.
    • Up x 1
  19. McMan

When it comes to racism, I like to kill more birds with one stone. For example:

Whats the worst thing about being a black j-e-w? .....THEY HAVE TO SEAT AT THE BACK OF A GAS CHAMBER!!!!:cool:
  20. A_Deer

Did you really try and use China as an example of " good" Communism???? Are you a part of the 50 cent brigade? China manipulates the hell out of their currency and economy so they can remain a "developing nation" under the UN and not have emissions forced on them like everyone else. . . .Does the culture revolution, Tiananmen square 1989, and prosecution of Falun Gong show you nothing???

There are some frighteningly ignorant people out there. . .
    • Up x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.