The Planetside 2 Subreddit has a darkside to it.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Scr1nRusher, Jan 16, 2016.

1. Villanuk

Yet your posting, cant be that bad then :D
    • Up x 1
  2. Scr1nRusher

wow..... you have been on fire with your posts in this thread.
    • Up x 2
  3. Villanuk

Just updated it again. ;)
    • Up x 1
  4. Scr1nRusher

Its good to see someone notice that more and more stuff that was said in the OP is true.
  5. orangejedi829

Reddit is perfect for devs who don't want to deal with their community. They can log on, see 100 posts of funny planetside GIFs because those are the ones at the top and because any real commentary on the game has been downvoted into oblivion, post their changelogs, and log off in bliss.
    • Up x 4
  6. CNR4806

Don't forget that any negative comments to their posts get downvoted to oblivion while all that sing (disgustingly fake) divine praises to them are the most visible ones due to all the upvotes.

It's a perfect ground for any individuals who are otherwise incapable of doing so to get their ego refueled.

This is not a real dev-community relationship, it's a trade: Redditside lick the dev's boots clean in order to proclaim that THE DEVS FLOCK HERE OMG YOU SUCK.
    • Up x 3
  7. SpartanPsycho

Reddit was actually made to promote free speech LOL.
    • Up x 1
  8. SpartanPsycho

Don't forget the reddit is where the elitists and the MLG commune hangs out and manipulates the devs view of the playerbase...
    • Up x 2
  9. DooDooBreff

yeah freedom for the people who have the right name, or who kiss the right a55es
    • Up x 1
  10. AxiomInsanity87

• Up x 2
  11. SpartanPsycho

If you don't even play this game anymore, and neither do the other mods....

go away and let a new group of mods take over

instead of lurking and mistreating people because you're not an adult.
    • Up x 2
  12. AxiomInsanity87

That is pretty backwards.

Not playing but being on the forums still is 1 thing, but moderating 1 of the few avenues to have "serious" discussion in a game that one does not play anymore is not right.

Are you even getting paid to moderate there?
    • Up x 1
  13. DooDooBreff

oh snap
    • Up x 3
  14. Savadrin

Except that you're wrong.

Whether or not anyone admits it, we all know the devs lurk these boards. It's a fact.

They let us sort out our own arguments, and they don't feel the need to pet egos or troll us here in an official capacity. They let us be.

1) It's like the adage that goes around about National Football League coaching (the filter nixed that? lel): If you listen to the fans, soon you will be sitting with them.

2) Players rarely ever know what they need, regardless of what they think they want.

3) I don't know why they choose to be more vocal with you ****ters over on Redditside, but I don't particularly care. I see enough dev responses on this board to know they're reading, and I'm not an emotional child who needs my balls cupped 24/7.

4) I would like, on occasion to have more of a response from the devs, even if it's just acknowledgement. BUT the fact remains that once they start doing this, you ****lords will start crying about who gets more dev attention than the other Corky, and that's probably why they don't show face in here in the first place.

5) Without the ability to be ***** and downvote someone out of existence here, you're only left with /ignore and you can't win the popularity contest by swallowing a lot - therefore all opinions get seen, and beat into the ground the old fashioned way.

You can keep your soup **** fake forums.

• Up x 2
  15. IberianHusky

This entire thread is just sad.
  16. SpartanPsycho

Oh, you want distasteful? That's your opinion on the truth, pal. Well, here it is. You are a selfish, arrogant, power-intoxicated wretch that is a pathetic excuse as a moderator. You and your other moderator buddies are abusive, insulting, and childish. You claim that you weren't targeting Screaming? How is it that his posts, not the ones flaming him for being stupid or childish or some other distasteful attribute, are the ones scrutinized?

Screaming posts a lot of ideas and insight, some of which isn't well-thought out or is making me tear my hair out wondering why he thinks something, but the vast majority of his ideas are good in general and almost all are workable with some tweaks. How does your poorly moderated subreddit treat him? Lies, harassment, hatred, insults, and downvoting into oblivion. No conversation or dissension is allowed, you all march to hell in lockstep. I'll ignore the caustic, childish community on there that is a liability that should put down for the tumor it is, the idiotic backslapping old boy's club prevents improvement and expansion on the game.

It's not just Screaming rusher though. The reddit losers have been whining about players in the game from BuzzCut to WaaWaa. You allowed the joke thread of Buzz becoming a moderator with no compunctions. You allowed Magres to get away with his little childish hypocritical banning with no thought as to the consequences. The consequences being, the rational people go suicidal.

That's where TENC comes in. You firstly allow the false accusations of being so evil and cruel to stand, despite being disproven. You secondly banned WaaWaa for base reasons, none of which are remotely rational. Thirdly, you permanently banned WaaWaa for a ban appeal. You stupid little peon. He screenshotted it, and you lost any resemblance of responsibility or authority. Oh, by the way, I'd say the posts telling TENC and co. to burn in hell and commit suicide were bannable too, weren't they?

But you see, you're not content with falsely accusing someone, and damaging their reputation, you have to make a happy little post: "Banned" to get your little high off of backslapping fascist degenerates congratulating you on happy cake day. Also, you reveal openly confidential interactions between moderator and user, which is not in accordance, let alone official rules of conduct, but basic civility etiquette.

You are not a moderator. You are a rabble-rousing torch and pitchfork lyncher at best and weak incompetent "leader" that follows the elitist circle-jerking manchildren mob at worst. But you refuse to admit that and will continue to allow blatant incitement to violence and harassment.

You say that you don't play the game anymore, and neither do other mods. Gee, why don't you leave the moderating to an active player? You know why you won't? You know why the other mods won't? Because you enjoy the power to hurt someone, figuratively or not. Leave. The mob will eventually eat you alive and you will be lost.

I want people in the community to choose their leaders. I want the control of the subreddit to be beyond who created it and belong to the community. I want equal representation. You won't allow that, because any sane person would get rid of the current set of narcissistic "moderators" in a heartbeat.

I am calling for you and the other mods to resign your position as moderators in /r/planetside 2 and /r/EmeraldPs2
    Leave, because you are irrelevant artifacts of the MLG elitist community, which currently has a major elitefit shown as teamswitching teamkillers with proof. It's time that reddit, the haven of circle-jerking manchild turbo virgins, be changed, and if not changed, eliminated.

Leave, and at least save a semblance of dignity by admitting your mistakes before you are forced down like the tyrant you are.
    • Up x 2
  17. Savadrin

I haven't decided if I'm going to put this in my sig just yet.
    • Up x 4
  18. Scr1nRusher

And we all know how well thats done for the game, especially during SOE's time..........
  19. Scr1nRusher

10/10
  20. Gustavo M

Hi,

Just came in to say y'all are a bunch of nerds.

That's all.
    • Up x 2