What goes through your head when you read this?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by AxiomInsanity87, Jan 13, 2016.

1. SpartanPsycho

tbh, I've been playing LA much more and I'm liking it more.

Also been working o n ranking my TR alt, TR LA best LA.
  2. Ximaster

Axiom i thought that u play on Ps4 but u posting on PC section,i suppose that u play on PC too???
  3. AxiomInsanity87

Used to yeah

I prefer playing the game how it's "supposed to be".

That's excluding the ps4's lower fps, slightly weaker graphics and unresponsive ui.
  4. Ximaster

Oh thats great :D Ur Ps4 teammates come to PC version too???? And form an outfit???? What server are u playing???? Miller or Cobalt????

Edit: Sorry im making offtopic,u have a pm.
  5. AxiomInsanity87

No

I used to play on pc.

I moved because I want to play and enjoy the game without butchering it to be competitive. Do you know how nice it is to have bushes? and hide in them knowing that them bushes are really there on everyones screen?. I'd forgotten we even had bushes until i played on the ps4 version and all the other nicetys, even if it is 30fps.

I was on Miller though. Miller is the best.
  6. EclecticDreck

To each point in turn.

"Being an effective SMG infil..." - Headshots matter when they matter. Most of the time, if you play your cards right as an SMG infiltrator, they do not matter. TTK for the good SMGs is low enough that bodyshots are more than enough and shooting someone in the back gives them a very small head hit box.

"SMG infil is a lot more 'skill'..." It is, at most, a different kind of skill. Getting a free offer to shoot first means you can be very lazy when it comes to accuracy and head shots.

"Tempest requires more skill..." If you are trying to use a tempest at mid range, then this would be true. The tempest is a poor mid ranged weapon, though, so it is more a case of trying to force a gun to work outside its obvious role.

On the whole, it sounds like the work of someone who thinks they're better than they actually are spouting rather nieve talking points in an attempt to boost their own ego.
    • Up x 3
  7. Alkasirn

I think the message is cute, talking about skill in a game where nothing requires skill. Even if SMG infils needed twice as much skill as a HA, that's like saying 0.01 x 2 = 0.02, and considering...

Someone who gets their ego boosted by thinking they're insignificantly better at one aspect of a game than someone else is absolutely adorable.
    • Up x 1
  8. AxiomInsanity87

Yeah it is ridiculous

Especially as I am the best at everything
  9. TheFlamingLemon

10. SpartanPsycho

Lol. I will go by each of your points you made in red, numbered.
    1. The heavy shield allows you to take damage, Resist gives you a 40% reduction and adrenaline gives you a health pool kept up by killing things. No shield gives you invincibility.

2. Wait a minute, the heavy has the role of pushing in. If you can remember, which you can't because you started later than I did, the Light Assaults and infiltrators were supposed to shock the enemy forces. You know what happened? THEY GOT NERFED! D:<

3. I said that as the idea is already out there, the devs haven't heard it yet or are ignoring it, which puts you back to talking to them, people want it, although maybe not in his form that couldn't be used. (replaces primary instead of tool slot)

4. One faction has the lancer, and I thought we were talking about infantry. A vanu hitscan weapon isn't applicable to all factions, try to comprehend something outside of your little arrogant bubble reality. (pokes bubble reality with pin, ensuring a response)

5. Dear mother of God, THERE IS NO SUPPRESSION EFFECT IN THIS GAME. Only direct hits and explosions give off flinch, which, btw, is being increased to make the BH implant requisite in a loadout.

6. Great, add in something, FYI, suppression effect goes with all classes, not that unique, and it would dumb to implement any other way.

7. NVM the engineer being the king of point defense, totally fine to nerf that as its already underplayed.

8. Looks like were on the same side on the riot shield thing, but crouching, (making you move slower) should be how the shield works. If you stand up you can get shot in the legs. IF the shield is crap that is a good way to buff it.

9. Look, the heavy and the max are direct combat classes. They are like that because they take more damage. The infiltrator and LA, the two other combat classes use stealth and sabotage and positioning to do damage from unexpected positions. For instance, I really have loved the LA + PA + commie/desperado combo because of all the awesome moments. C4 LA + Nade Bandy is some of the most fun I have in game. I have araxiumed 4 LMGs but still prefer other classes and cloaked flash.

10. I'm sorry, but this isn't battlefield or COD. The classes are made as different combat classes or as support classes. Each class has something super awesome about them. If you like shooty killing go for the HA. For the other classes, do dope crap.

I'm sorry you don't like this game's construction, I can direct you to another game that suits your likes if you want.
    • Up x 1
  11. JudgeNu

I just started using smg on an infil to finish the directive. I am about 300 kills away from completion.
    It is just another facet of the game but I strayed away from it because I thought it was too cheesey.
    I rarely play HA, but I am constantly 1v1 with a HA and lose.

I rarely use hip fire. ADS is too good for me. I stopped hip fire years ago when I quit playing CS:S and only use it in the real close up frantic survival modes.

Skill in this game is positioning and understanding the evolving battlefield. Both SMF Infil's and IWin Shield HA both fall under that.

The problem I have with my smg infil is when I try to uncloak and it already ran out and I actually turn it on briefly only to lose precious firing seconds...lol. I like to get in there and mix it up, it is high risk for sure but the reward is nice. I die a lot.

I play HA once in awhile just to get to use the guns for a bit, but I find myself not wanting to use my over shield, it is just boring gameplay imo.
  12. Devilllike

Its true by far,Infiltrator requires a lot more skill than a heavy
  13. Devilllike

Infiltrator with smg is Zero skill? what is your profile name i would like to see it
  14. OldMaster80

I've quit using SMGs a few weeks after SMGs were released. It felt ridicolously easy, and since then I focused on auraxium Scout Rifles, the T4 AMP, the TRAP.
    People have been complaining about Infiltrators having shotguns during beta, but Infiltrators having SMGs is not that different. Giving good cqc weapons at the class that can get close to enemy more than anyone else wasn't exactly a smart idea imo.

I don't pretend everyone to think the same, PERSONALLY I think SMG+cloaking does not require skill at all. And it became even easier when the NS-7 PDW came out. It's not a good setup for every type of battle, but in general let's say even my grandmother could get a high KDR.

Scout Rifles pre-buff, THAT required skill.
  15. Devilllike

"I've quit using SMGs a few weeks after SMGs were released" And if i may ask what were u doing with the smg when u played with it because as somebody like me who has auraxiumed a lot of stuff from the infiltrator class i can tell you that your statement could not be more false.

But i still expect to see your profile because i cant take u seriously after you saying you quited smg after a few weeks after smg war released so show me so i can see your style.
  16. customer548

Need a video of your grandmother shooting people !!!!
    • Up x 2
  17. ConradHorse

1. it was written by someone totally without knowlede about LMG (you cant spray it and hope to win a 1v1). unfortunately, dbg/soe seems to listen to such babbling that's why every weapon/class is balanced to mundane level
    2. sneaky smg with inflitrator is skill? try to be a sneaky heavy that blows up an enemy deployed sunderer, that's SKILL
  18. Hegeteus

OP, is the message you posted something you would personally vouch for or did you just want to get people to argue with each other? :D

Some people are saying it's easy as ****, some saying it's difficult and requires skill. This however is one of those things that measures as much your opponent's skill as yours, it's easy against bad players and difficult against good players. If someone gloats it's too easy(like one poster above) compared to typical HA playing, they are probably not against aware and skilled players(who can see and hear your cloaking shenanigans easily)
  19. cheesepuffs324

You are actually an idiot. Saying that it does not take skill to effectively use ANY class is just stupid. Except maybe the max, I will half give you that one. It takes just as much skill to use a heavy assault effectively as it would to use a light assault or medic effectively. Get your head out of your ***.
  20. cheesepuffs324

In addition to me above post, you obviously have not snuck up on a sundee as a heavy assault and not get spotted. You say it is hard to be stealthy as an infiltrator? Try doing it as a heavy assault. You obviously did not think this through when you posted this thread.