Outfit disbandment (min requirements enforced) auto-disband

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Zoartar, Jan 16, 2016.

1. Zoartar

Having a minimum number of members for an outfit to stay permanent. Minimum number should be set to 10. Outfit should auto-disband if all members are inactive for over a month. This is a waste of data, usages, time and resources for the planetside servers to keep track of which could be used elsewhere (performance, etc). Small outfit (less than 10) only isolated players from the game instead of promoting interaction with other players. Small outfits (less than 10) adds to low value (money and replayable content) to the game. Other games enforce the min requirement rule (usually 10 members) to form a group/guild/clan.
  2. UberNoob1337101

I don't exactly see the point in doing so or what it would do.

Let solo players create their solo outfits with funny names, and it doesn't even in any case push players away from teamwork or use any sort of significant data. If they wanted co-ordination and teamwork, they'd join a squad/platoon.
    • Up x 1
  3. DooDooBreff

this idea is udder bullsh1t and that pun is intended
    • Up x 1
  4. Azawarau

I run a small mostly inactive outfit because my friends all play different games

Its the only way we can stay together this way

If we were to join a larger outfit theyd get kicked, id leave, and we wouldnt have our awesome name to work with

Its harmless anyways
    • Up x 2
  5. DooDooBreff

i have an idea... ban all bad suggestion posters from the forums... its waste of intertube usage
    • Up x 1
  6. Taemien

Make characters auto delete if the account isn't a member at least once in a year.
    • Up x 1
  7. customer548

And other games are full of small guilds/clans based on rerolls of the same player.
    I don't see what is your problem with small outfits. Everyone choose to experience the game in the way he wants to.

Large volumes of Guilds' artifacts / assets in bank ( or large volumes of traded assets ) may be a problem for databases. But there are no such artifacts or assets in PS2.
    • Up x 1
  8. tigertank10

Yes **** of outfits that dont play must be Br 40 before you can open start a outfit.
    • Up x 1
  9. Benlee1000

This is a great idea, because most small outfits barely do anything but waste space...the larger outfits should be the ones using the space, and plus it would probably make the servers less prone to fps drops and crashes...
  10. The Rogue Wolf

With all the other things this game tracks- gear and weapon unlocks, stats for each weapon and piece of equipment, kills, so on- who could possibly think that a small thing like being listed as belonging to an outfit makes even a tiny bit of difference?
    • Up x 3
  11. WeRelic

I've said it once, and I'll repeat it:
    If I were to leave a game for an extended time and came back to find my outfit had dissolved, or my account had been deleted, you can bet all of your dollars that I won't be coming back anymore, and even if I did stay, I'd likely never spend a dime again.

As for small outfits not contributing:
    My outfit has a core group of 5-6 guys, and as a conservative estimate, I'd say we've spent 2000+$ on PS2. Mind telling me how we're not contributing to the game?
    • Up x 2
  12. FieldMarshall

Wow. People are really grasping at things to complain about now that HA shields got nerfed.
    Small outfits literally does you no harm.

I have never heard a single good reason why small outfits should be disbanded.
    Eventually all arguments against small outfits boils down to "Seeing outfits with 1 guy in it is annoying" which is fine, its your opinion.
    Its still not a valid reason to remove smaller outfits.

What space.
    No. That's not how it works.
  13. Moridin6

hahhahahhahhahhahha

someone got kicked from a small outfit methinks..

we've got like 10 people at most and i guarantee we've contributed more in-game and out than you
    • Up x 1
  14. DooDooBreff

thats what i was thinking
  15. customer548

It's always intriguing to see "social interactions" promoters wanting to reduce others' freedom of choices.