[Suggestion] NS R3 Swarm

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by FoxHound23, Jan 16, 2016.

1. FoxHound23

The range on this guy has to be boosted in my opinion.

Yes it can lock onto ground and air, but it has almost the lowest damage per missile and a 3 second lock on time which is ages for any fight other then stationary targets. And it cant be dumb fired.

Too many restrictions. Boost a few of them because for the moment its too based the situation.
  2. Azawarau

Im 50/50 on this

Its a pain for flyers to deal with but cant really stop the ceiling vehicles all the time
  3. FoxHound23

Im ok with everything with it, even can deal with the long lock on times, but the range is really crappy for those restrictions.
  4. Armcross

Sadly this is as close as I can get to a striker.
    • Up x 1
  5. Taemien

Ehh I don't see it being an issue for ESFs. I've been able to consistently dodge or outrun the swarm in a mossie without an airframe. With that said though.. I don't think the Swarm needs a change. Its one of my favorite launchers.
  6. Azawarau

I use the swarm and kinda feel bad when i hit fighters

When up against the bigger ships the darn thing isnt effective at anything but getting them to run away after 2-3 volleys
  7. eldarfalcongravtank

once again, they took a feature that actually existed long time ago (that is, lock-on missiles tracking their target properly and not smashing into the next piece of cover once you launch it) and bring it back as an extra launcher. they are not innovating but actually only re-introducing stuff with a new price tag. that is why i kinda feel the Swarm is kinda a ripoff, but hey, people look like they enjoy using the NS Striker, so let them
    • Up x 2
  8. Taemien

That goes for any lockon. You need 2-3 people firing to take them down.

Which doesn't bother me. If I could solo a 3/3 lib or a 5/5-12 Galaxy.. that'd be a bit OP.
  9. SpartanPsycho

I can tell you as a pilot that the swarm is great against aircraft deterrence wise, and is a killer in groups or two or more.
    I think it could be better against light vehicles, and maybe could even ground track harassers, lightenings, and flashes.
  10. Taemien

I've used it to great effect against ESFs. I just don't understand why it isn't as effective against me. Its just an anomaly.
  11. Jamuro

Sure buff it's range ... BUT please can we get some adjustment to the missiles actual speed/manouverability?!?

You might not always be able to lock the aircraft but as a pilot i can tell you compared to ordinary lockons and striker rounds ... it's basically impossible to dodge them or guide them into a rock or some form of cover.

I ve been chased 2 1/2 rounds under a biolab by those suckers and got hit ... saw em circling rocks i tried to hide behind and so on ... once in the air the missiles are simply unstopable.
  12. SpartanPsycho

Its because you're doing it right. The swarm is a 100-150m weapon system, closer or farther the esf can do stuff, it also is good in the open air.
  13. Pikachu

Do peopöe even use this weapon? I never see it. :confused:
  14. Jamuro

oh yeah they do ... and it's scary effective and almost impossible to counter/dodge ... if done right.
  15. Neo3602

why not just give them a cap on how far they will follow you of 500-800 meters, so that if you out run them enough they sill go away?
  16. Armcross

Th
    They have cap time wise. 3 dots has shorter time but fast moving, prone to miss. 1dot longer time but slow, never miss but can be outrun(at least by mosquito).
  17. Armcross

I dëw use it end seeh this:rolleyes:
    • Up x 1
  18. CNR4806

And to top it off, the launchers don't cost resource *cough* Skyguard *cough*
  19. Jamuro

That's an issue a lot of AA has ... honestly even tanker face this imbalance.
    The amount or nanites you need and the "risk" you face is just a bad joke ... i think that's one of the reasons why the skyguard feels so lackluster.

You can do the same damage easier with less risk to yourself and your nanite pool for free by hopping into an AA turret or just using a lockon launcher, heck in case of hovering lolpodders you can simply shoot at them and they will melt.

But i am sure people will gladly tell me that lockons are needed and that free of charge, self repairing AA turrets that overlap each other are just to difficult to use and overall G2A needs to be buffed.

Then again most of those guys usually never tried flying an esf of failed horribly and are ******** that other esf pilots can pull stuff off they can't.
  20. Okaydan

Powerful persistent missile that requires dedicated vehicle (+ possible resource cost/missile). Cannot be dodged with flares, puts your ESF on burn (or new mechanic, concussion effect on aircraft). Extremely vulnerable against ground/infantry AV. Requires deploy to fire.

Hmm. Probably still OP :(