[Video] Spawn Room Warrior - Planet Auraxis Nature Show

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Razeroth, Jan 16, 2016.

1. Razeroth

Enjoy!

And maybe even observe this bizarre creature yourselves! :)
    • Up x 15
  2. AxiomInsanity87

Capturing the very best of the player base right there lol
    • Up x 1
  3. breeje

pest control, C4 or sticky nades :D
  4. CipherNine

Add a region population pie-chart in the video and things will suddenly get bit less ridiculous.

There aren't many spawnroom warriors in 50/50 fights.
    • Up x 1
  5. toast2250

As entertaining as this is. There is a reason why this happens.
    • Up x 3
  6. QQmore

^
    Found the spawn room warrior.

There is NO good reason to sit in the spawn while the cap timer whittles away. The people doing this are generally bad at the game in terms of skill, as well as bad at the game in terms of tactics and strategy.

If a base is completely overrun it's usually a good idea to pull back to the next base and support a friendly counter-attack, or redeploy elsewhere where you can better affect the battle. Even if it does not save the base it at least puts the enemy in check and allows friendly forces to try to dictate the battle-flow. Not to mention you'll get far more certs pulling a lightning and being in it for a couple minutes than sitting inside the spawnroom doing nothing.

The only acceptable time to chill in spawn when you are squad leading and are coordinating some sort of counter attack, ex waiting on an incoming gal drop/max crash, or your afk.

TLDR Get out of the spawn and git gud.
    • Up x 2
  7. Pikachu

Because defenders have the delusion that there's going to be an even fight around the control point until the end?
  8. The Rogue Wolf

The spawnroom warrior can be easily identified by its distinctive cry: "My KDR! My KDR!"

Scientists are unsure as to what it could mean, but agree that it is likely stupid.
    • Up x 3
  9. customer548

- Beginners will stay in the spawn room...because they are beginners without any knowledge of the game. Or they just don't have enough certs for their gear.

- Spawn room camping can be fun for easy Certs farming while depoping zerging crowds sitting around your spawn.

- Denying to your zerging opponent the fact that he'll gain Certs while you'll suicide is a valid option. Better wait for him to come next to your spawn at range.

- An infi can change the flow of a battle with darts spamming from the spawn room. If an Infi sticks with spawn room sniping without using his darts, there's a laziness issue or a L2P issues. A sniper only who didn't spend Certs in a smg/scout rifle/fast reloading x4 sniper rifle is limited in his movements.

- Proud HAs sitting in a spawn room ?...Well, that's another story... :D. But give them radar, and a part of them and most of the other classes will move out asap in most of the cases.

Fun video. You should try to sell it to the BBC or any other Wildlife TV channel.
    • Up x 3
  10. toast2250

The reason why these people are in there:
    - Outfits playing redeploy/respawn here side 2 (leaving the base and those beind)
    - Spawn room being camped
    - Random groups redeploying for something more favorable all the time (leaving them behind)
    - Game told them to spawn there while the rest goes for something more favorable via ESF

The reason why they chose so:
    - Are not in a outfit where its usually always mandatory to redeploy/respawn somewhere
    - After playing for an hour many don't really have the will to respawn somewhere else to continue if they are planning to log off soon anyway
    - Some potentiality easy free kills before they go wherever the herd is at, lel

I wonder If most of these people that do spawn room warrior'ing will begin to mine resource's and start building stuff once the ant goes in.
    • Up x 1
  11. CipherNine

https://www.planetside2.com/players/#!/5428209189755161585/killboard

The people giving unsolicited tactics/strategy advice are generally new to the game and haven't yet realized how shallow it is or they are just stupid.

PS:Unless there are balanced fights going on your only options as a lone wolf are to roll with the friendly zerg or fight on a lane which isn't defended in which case there isn't much point of doing anything other than sniping people who are camping your spawn.

And your superduper tactical advice is meaningless to lone wolf players because we can't mind control other PUGs to play as a team instead of derping around.
  12. jmdafk

superb video :)
    made me laugh that one.

To defend spawn room warriors there are some tactical benefits to it.
    By hanging about in it in hopeless situations it will keep the enemy occupied. For every 1 spawn room warrior i bet there are 3 spawn room attackers. So as long as the rest of the faction do fall back it can buy precious time.
    Im a HA spawnroom warrior when air farmers turn up or mags sit on mountain sides overlooking the spawn room. Its either deploy elsewhere or force the farmers to hide.

And whats wrong with a bit of KD buffing? ok its pointless but the cat and mouse between SRW and SRC can actually be quite fun.
    • Up x 1
  13. Bindlestiff

Awesome quality on certain parts of that vid - what settings do you run Joshino? Impressive stuff.
    • Up x 1
  14. QQmore

I have a BR 100 that started on day one of release with close to 300,000 certs on just that character. I know how battles flow in this game and once a force is trapped in the spawn no amount of spawnroom warriors will do anything useful. It's better to redeploy. But by all means sit in spawn and gain meager xp. It's your game too but you'll get no respect from me for it.

The reason fights are unbalanced is because at any given time a faction has a not insignificant force of players sitting in spawn rooms doing nothing useful. Redeploy and be proactive.

YOU can play better regardless if your teammates do or not. If you're lone wolfing there's ALWAYS something more useful to do than sit in the spawn and snipe scrubs. Pull a lightning, pull an ESF, pull a sundy and position it for allies to use along the lattice, pull a wraith flash and harass the exterior of the base. There are many options to those who don't forsake 2/3rds of the gameplay. Even as an infantry mans with little certage you can still run engy and gun a friendlies vehicle. You might even make a friend!
  15. Razeroth

Max a part from shadows on medium but here I might have turned them up I don't remember. :)
  16. Razeroth

Just a heads up this was the original:

(Annoying you can't edit your posts here -.-)