Can some one explain.

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by DragonOps, Aug 3, 2015.

1. tornflags

I LOVE playing stalker since the recent cloak buffs (actually I refuse to call it a buff, because more stages for the cloak should have been there since the cloak balance-pass). Anyway, always remember: motion spotter is your primary weapon, knife is a secondary (default knife, not that OHK crap which can't register a hit within dick sucking range) and pistol is just a utility ;)
  2. Gutseen

yeah, i noticed the radical increase of low setting infl peasants recently

no ***cking skill in dem tho
  3. Sevinos

Thanks!
    It's actually insanely hard to do on the fly like I suspect your friend did. Between the grenades and the proxy, the proxy is the easier to aim and more reliable, since you don't have the chance of it bouncing off of your prey assailant and giving you some splash damage.
  4. raidneq

speaking of sound, the underpowered visual aspect of the cloak can be argued, however the loud and obvious sound makes it practically imposible to get away with anything. as if the obvious distortion wasnt bad enough there also has to be a sound that gives away your location and status.
    • Up x 1
  5. SupaFlea

Yeah im with Iri on this, ive fiddled with my settings from max edited in the Ini files to lowest to try and find the most FPS and in full stalk mode the only 4 ways a stalkers gets caught,

1. I bump in to an invisible wall or edge of scenery that shouldn't be there, in which case i knife it for safety
    2. Cap points flipping and footstep, encourage random fire at last point of noise
    3. inpatient/unskilled cloakers wanting to be assassins.
    4. DL which a lot of people keep on their pistols now since Stalker cloakers became more common

Mostly though I find them because i run in to them
    • Up x 1
  6. Exitus Acta Probat

I don't mind the darklight, I just wish it didn't shine through everything with such a impossible long range.
  7. cobaltlightning

This topic is and was dead.
    Why are you two messing with corpses?
  8. Problem Officer

topkekmessingwithcorpses
    Adding some tips.

Keep track of the terrain and backgrounds to where you're cloaked.
    Sometimes I see Infils immediately, their profile outlined against sky or wall monitors.
    Other times there's not a trace of them, I was out-cloaked by this guy that had the biolab landing pad texture behind him.
    Darklights can be avoided by moving to spots where the light's user needs to go out of their way to shine it,
    don't hide somewhere they may light you up just by running through, also no room corners.
  9. PlanetBound

The Sunderer cloak can make an enemy infiltrator as visible as a teammate infiltrator. I got an easy headshot after parking next to one crouched next to me.

A good rule of thumb is wherever your first choice is to stop, move somewhere else.
  10. Biddion

To not be spotted, use height. If you are not in their line of sight then you most likely won't get spotted. Rocks,ledges, whatever can give you altitude. P.S. I use Safe Landing I to escape without worry of falling to damage/death when pouncing like a tiger. GRrrrr.