little Weapon question

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by Hyron, Jan 9, 2016.

1. Hyron

Hi folks,

I'm playing NC. My aim isn't that good. I like the Infiltrator with SMGs much but I'm not that good with Sniper Rifles. I have tried SA and BA with high zoom scopes but ....yeah, i have much to learn :D
    I'm asking my self if there are some possibilities for the middleground. I think of the low zoom Snipers or Scout rifles. But i dont see a real difference between the low zoom SA Sniper and the SA Scout Rifle.
    Any suggestions which weapon could be an option for me?
    Another Question: Is there any good pistol you would recommend, except Revolvers because i don't like them, or should i stick with the default Mag-Shot?
  2. Iridar51

SA snipers do a bit more damage, but SA scouts have lots of small advantages, such as higher velocity, faster and more accurate follow up shots, better accuracy on the move.

In general, bolt action rifles are considered superior to both for their one hit headshot kills.
  3. Hyron

Thanks for your reply.
    I know, that BA are your go for if you have good aim, but that is my Problem. I know, that I'm not that good at the moment.
    So what I get of you reply is, if I want to fight on midrange with low zoom optic and want to be mobile, Scoutrifles are the better option. Right?
  4. Campagne

Either of the SA scout or sniper rifles would work fine, depending on what you want out of the weapon.

I'd say for your weapon's optic a 1x or 2x. That way you won't be handicapped if the enemy gets too close, and recoil won't be as high as a 4x sight.

For your pistol, I'd say the default Magshot is a quite good option, and its 15 round mag can help with your still-developing aim.

Alternatively, the Rebel is quite a fearsome weapon, but it does require a bit better aim than the Magshot does.

Hope that helps! :D
  5. Eternaloptimist

For sniping, a 4x or 6x sight is good enough for medium range as you get no scope sway IIRC. Holding down the tab button for 'hold breath' will steady your aim for a short time as well. But if you want to mix it in combat then a scout rifle is your thing. Have you considered the ES auto scout if you are not sure of your accuracy?

I don't know about the Rebel - not tried it yet - but the Desperado burst pistol is pretty boss, although I agree the mag shot is pretty good with rate of fire and lower recoil than you might expect from a 200 damage shot.
  6. Dualice

As Iridar says, the semi-auto scout rifle favours a more mobile gameplay, and is one of my personal favourite semi-automatic weapons due to its versatility.

That being said you can definitely feel the higher damage profile on the mid-range semi-auto sniper (I believe it's called Impetus on the NC), and its stationary accuracy is superior to the scout rifle's. The recoil can get pretty punishing if you squeeze off too many rounds too quickly though; generally the farther away your target is, the more you need to pace your shots (that goes for the scout rifle too, actually).

Both are pretty nifty weapons for mid-range, I enjoy them both. I guess it's a choice between mobility or higher per-shot damage.

As for sidearms, I'm afraid I haven't used enough of them on NC to give advice. But the default Mag Shot feels pretty nice to me.
  7. cobaltlightning

If you're looking for a semi-auto Scout Rifle, I would pick up the Vandal. It has some extra versatility thanks to some extra rounds in the magazine and spare, but requires a little bit more finesse to aim at a distance with its lower velocity. It hits just as hard as your Shadow, and has a small benefit of having a .75x ADS, which can be a god send in CQC. The Vandal reloads slightly longer than the Shadow, but this is worth it thanks to the higher ammo and ADS speed.

Your low optic BA is the SAS-R, and low optic semi-sniper is the Impetus. Both of these favor great aim, well, greatly, and can drop headshot targets extremely quickly (SAS-R being a OHKO headshot at the ranges it excels)

For Sidearms, I really would have to recomend one of the revolvers. The Underboss is a pretty reliable go-to, thanks to that higher damage and spamable trigger, whereas the Commissioner can execute infiltrators at point-blank range with a headshot, but much slower. If revolvers still ain't your fancy, the Desperado's a good buy, as well, mainly because of its burst. However, like all the default secondaries, the Mag Shot is still a good platform to learn on, and still rather forgiving. Unless you like infil-hunting, stick a laser sight on 'em.

TL;DR Vandal is more versatile over Shadow, Impetus and SAS-R require good aim, Revolvers are best, Desperado is good, Learn on Mag Shot.
    • Up x 1
  8. Moz

Bingo!
  9. Hyron

Thanks for the input.
    It seem that there are some points i had neglected. For example the Auto-Scout rifles.
    I tried the Vandal in the VR Training and it seems to be a reliable weapon. But I'm still testing. Any Scope suggestions for the Vandal or other Scout rilfes? And I know its personal preference but I'm just curious which Optics you use.
    And for Pistols: Yesterday the Mag-Shot gave no reason to think about another Pistol and performed very well, so I will stick to it for the moment.
  10. Moz

For the Vandal and Stalker i tend to go with a 2x. For the Shadow and Imputus a 3.4x with simple cross hair and the SAS:R 4x with simple cross hair.

That's my personal preference.
  11. cobaltlightning

The Auto-Scouts are different animals entirely, I've found. Kinda like a longer-reaching AR with less credibility before medium ranges.

iirc, I think I use a 3.4x scope for my Vandal, the one with a simple red dot on it. I also use a flash suppressor and the laser sight; This set-up is decent to use at mid-range sharpshooting with the scope, can help keep you concealed with the flash suppressor, and with it being semi auto there's like no downsides to it, and the laser sight makes it workable enough in short range that you can reliably hipfire, kill your target, cloak, and relocate.
  12. Frightning89

I'd definitely avoid the SAS-R if your aim isn't good, the bolt-action fire rate makes missing really punishing, and it can be very dangerous at ranges less than 100m because most classes have weapons that are actually useful up to 100m out, which means that they can actually fight back.

Comparing the Impetus against the Shadow and the Vandal, my personal preference would be for the Impetus, primary reasons being that the 0 Cone of Fire (CoF) while not moving means the weapon's maximum effective range is really only limited by user skill and the higher damage per shot, which is enough of a difference that you will either need 1 fewer shots to kill or can drop a headshot to being a body shot compared to the SA scout rifles and still get the kill (the Impetus also has a slightly better HS multiplier of 2.1 instead of 2 since it is a sniper rifle). The main selling points for the Scout Rifles are the wider selection of attachments and much better hipfire CoF (unlike the Impetus, which basically MUST be used ADS only, the Shadow and Vandal can actually be hipfired effectively in CQC). This is also indicative of the Scout Rifles being favored at shorter ranges (e.g. 50m or less) than the Impetus (which imo is the better weapon at 75m and beyond), though they have a lot of overlap in terms of their effective ranges. Generally, for attachments, I would go with the Forward-Grip and 4x scope (the one with a + reticle), though for the scout rifles, a laser sight can be a good alternative, if you want the CQC hipfiring tactic to be effective when needed.

As for sidearms, the Mag-Shot has been the only one I've actually used so far and it's worked great. It's a very versatile sidearm, effective at any range up to a full 50m, though it is ideal at around 15-30m (you should ADS anytime you are engaging at 15m or more). I highly recommend getting a laser sight for it (helps CQC performance quite a bit), and since you're playing Infiltrator, a Suppressor as well (being able to pick off an enemy or two without showing up on the map is really handy when you're caught in a bind, not to mention the velocity penalty is only -10%, the lowest of any weapon type that can equip suppressors).
    • Up x 1
  13. Horrida Messor

I personally use Vandal atm with 4x cross hair, suppressor and laser sight (wouldn't recommend suppressor to anyone who isn't playing like I do - VERY aggressive front line scout/sniper). Vandal is a fantastic weapon tbh, took me few days to get used to it but it's very reliable.
  14. PanzerGoddess

you should go with something that has a lot more stopping power Horrida if your a aggressive front line scout. The Vandal is great but the ttk can be awful in a lot of situations. You have access to a nice smg as well as a front line attacker, if your accuracy and reaction time is quick enough Id suggest switching to a rifle, the ghost would a great choice for u. That's just my opinion.
  15. Dualice

Good post! I especially like the lack of NS endorsements :p