[Suggestion] Light assault

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Pelainis117, Jan 10, 2016.

1. Pelainis117

Hello everyone,

Just wondering is there any progress in light assault new tool? I mean I were waiting for it like 2 years. Heavy assaults got rocket launcher, medics have revive tool, engineer repair tool, infiltrator got spotters,heavy assault got rocket launcher. Light assault got oh wait they ain"t got sht. Seriously daybreak you"re doing great job so far but please there are some smart ideas in forum that can be use. You guys just have to atleast check them out.

Regards,
    Elvinas
  2. Demigan

They will claim that the Icarus was it.

We've been screwed like always.
    • Up x 1
  3. Pelainis117

I hope it"s not true. New ability shouldn"t be solution for tool slot.
  4. Nie_Tutaj

Why do assault units need tools? They should only have combat capabilities in fights. Every other class has those support tools because that's what they do. Heavy assault gets rocket launcher to kill enemy vehicles. Infiltrators get recon devices to track near enemy positions. Medics medicate. Engineers engineer-ate, etc. The only other pure combat class is the MAX unit.
  5. Taemien

Why wouldn't a tool slot be used to further its ability to fulfill its role in combat? Like you said, the heavy assault has the ability to use the rocket launcher.

Personally I like the suggestion a few gave a while back being a Grenade Launcher akin to the M79. A medium range AI launcher that can have its ammo swapped from HE rounds to smoke for added utility to its mobility.
    • Up x 1
  6. Codex561

There is nothing that you can (or for that matter should) give the LA without overlapping onto other elements on the game.

I play LA most of the time, it is by far my favorite class and I think it is fine.
  7. TheFlamingLemon

Even NC max has aegis shield
  8. Demigan

As Taemien said, why shouldn't the tool help with it's combat abilities?
    Think about things like various enhanced goggles that can be activated and deactivated. heat vision goggles so you don't have to go ADS through your own smoke. Goggles that make enemies spotted by you visible through terrain for the duration of the spot. Updates to the map so you can see if enemies are above or below you etc.
    There's more idea's: Stabilizers that can be activated and reduce maximum COF while moving/jumping/jumpjetting for better combat effectiveness on the move. Smoke generators on your jetpack to create smoke curtains or remove vision of you and your allies as you move across open space. quick-fire weapons for some extra damage in the middle of a fight. Charge-like abilities (with appropriate cooldowns and recuperation times to allow enough reaction time for vehicles/infantry against C4/shotguns). The grenade launcher Taemien is talking about. There's many, many more idea's for tools like that which would definitely improve the LA's combat capabilities.
    • Up x 1
  9. IberianHusky

What Light Assaults need is a counter for dildars. Dildars make LAs and their entire playstyle completely useless.
    • Up x 1
  10. Campagne

I never understand why players are always asking for a new LA tool.

They have the jetpack! That's their thing!
  11. Movoza

I don't understand why heavies have rocket launchers and LMG's. They have overshields! It's their thing!
    Flimsy argument if flimsy.

You know why we are asking for it? All classes got extra stuff. Medics their thing is the medical applicator. They had their medical applicator improved (with another on the way) and got a shield recharge deployable next to their incredible assault rifles. The Engineer his thing is repairing, but he has got turrets and mines too. He two new turrets and a change to the ammo resupply. The heavy his thing is overshield. The heavy has had tons of changes and gained more weapons than any other character for their LMG's and even a several rocket launchers. Infiltrator their thing is stealth. They have mines, snipers, scout rifles and scanners extra. They gained an extra spotter, snipers, scout rifles, stalker ability and a supercharged EMP grenade.
    Every single class has had extra stuff. Every single class has already got extra stuff next to their "class ability". The LA? He's got a jumpjet and all generic guns. That is it. The improvements? Their drifter jets now lift them up slightly when not pressing another button (incredibly useful, true) and an Icarus jumpjet, which we used to have in beta anyway and now got it back as an "improvement". Hurrah.
    The grenades are useless or simply outclassed. I mean who pays nanites for smoke grenades when you can do it for free and practically unlimited with the UBGL? Besides, people can turn smoke off. Then we have the flash grenade, which is next to useless, as the effect tapers off with more distance and doesn't remove any HUD items and people can simply walk away from the grenade to make the effect barely blind you. The EMP does much more to confuse while also weaken targets and explodes on impact, making it much easier to use and it doesn't taper off at a distance.

So why do we want tools? Because everyone has extra stuff and the LA doesn't. Because everyone has got new stuff and we didn't. Because if we take your argument, you'll never add new interesting features, as they already have their thing.
    • Up x 4
  12. Eternaloptimist

Being able to fight in three dimensions is quite a thing, other get tools, sure, but they're still two dimensional ground pounders.

Personally I'd like to be able to carry C4 and a medkit or two due to being so far from healing or rezz most of the time. But the regen implant is reasonably useful if you have one (and the chargers to keep it working). Or maybe some extra ammo without having to sacrifice the armour - again due to reasons of running out far from resupply......
  13. DooDooBreff

IMO ... i want an LA tool mysyself, but im sure the reason for the delay/inaction is probably because its not easy to create a non OP tool for the class that can jump over walls
  14. Moz

Creating new fire angles is the LA's tool.... and it is faaaar more potent than any rocket launcher if you know what you are doing.

That said, i have no issue with some of the suggestions made in the now numerous threads....

None of the suggestions i have heard will make me include an LA in my squad though. They will STILL have no squad synergy because you cant play with the medics.

The only way this will work is if LA's can res other LA's..... So there is your tool, LA Res stim.
  15. OldMaster80

I think the word "tool" is misleading. The point is Light Assault community would like to have something else but the jetpack.
    Honestly I disagree: I would rather see improved what this class already has. For instance the Flashbangs should be buffed very soon.
    Imho I would simply decrease the accuracy penalty while jetpack, that would make this class definitely more "assaulty".
  16. Gundem

Jetpack is ability, not tool. HA's tool is Rocket launcher, Medic's tool is heal gun, engi has rep gun, infil has radar darts/dildars.

LA is the only class currently that lacks a tool.
    • Up x 1
  17. Taemien

A medic worth their salt will be capable of hitting downed LA's with a rez grenade. Even my engie can nail enemy squad beacons with a sticky grenade.

A grenade launcher would make me want to include a LA in my squad. Think of something that fires the projectiles that the underbarrel launchers use, but have a 6 round mag, and a 18 round pool (modified by munitions pouch, new suit ability). In addition they fire further with less drop.

I would even allow the grenade launcher to use scatter munitions so it becomes a slow firing shotgun. In case they are attacking or defending in situations where grenades aren't effective or needed.

Light Assault Tool Slot:

NS Thumper

Fire Rate: 60 RPM
    Muzzle Velocity: 65m/s
    Fire Mode: Semi-automatic
    Short Reload: 3.5s
    Long Reload: 4.5s
    Magazine Size: 6
    Ammo Pool: 18

High Explosive (HE):

Max Damage: 500 after 15m
    Min Damage: 50 before 15m (Grenade doesn't arm under 15m)
    Max Indirect: 500 before 2m
    Min Indirect: 1 after 3m

Smoke

Max Damage: 25 after 15m (Grenade doesn't hurt as much, but still smokes)
    Min Damage: 50 before 15m (Grenade doesn't arm under 15m, and no smoke)
    No indirect damage, just a cloud of smoke.

Cluster Rounds

Max Damage: 130x6 before 8m
    Min Damage: 50x6 after 18m
    Pellet count: 6
    Pellet Spread 3.5
    • Up x 2
  18. AxiomInsanity87

Like boba fett?

I agree though lol.
  19. AxiomInsanity87

This looks great.

Shame we can't have nice stuff.
  20. Campagne

Because the overshield is their ability, the rocket launcher is their tool. :p

Well you can't have everything, can you? Besides, a jetpack is sort of a one-trick-pony. It lifts you into the air and has some controllability to it. There are an infinite number of potential designs for an engineer's turret, and they have three of them.

As for the flash grenade, you don't give them enough credit.