faction colors

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by tanknub123, Oct 29, 2015.

1. tanknub123

i have colors set on default but im getting empire colors. is it a glitch of this latest patch? please fix asap this is very confusing
    • Up x 1
  2. RedArmy

thats the way it should be, leave it alone and get used to it
  3. Rainproof

Yeah it does cause confusion. For the most part since beta, if you're set up to display opponents as RED on the mini map / in game view that what you should see on the Full Map view ....anyway, they should agree. I think that they've changed to this setup once or twice but have always gone back.
  4. Eternaloptimist

Yeah lol. Logged in last night and thought my spawn room was surrounded by easy target enemy noobs (I was TR so they were all red). Boy was I disappointed!
    • Up x 1
  5. JustBoo

Yep, had to set it back to the way it should be... that is, to the way I like it. Not the way someone else likes it.

In fact, it seems with every patch some setting or inventory is changed without any indication. Weapons will be gone, armor changed, etcetera. Nothing like going into battle only to discover you have no armor because it was de-selected.

Yeah, I love that.
    • Up x 1
  6. JustBoo

Go into your settings and change it back to the way you want. Once you look, it should be obvious how to change it.
  7. Rainproof

You can but every time you switch to a different faction soldier you have to change the colors AGAIN! There is no benefit, why did they change something that has worked since the start of the game??
    • Up x 1
  8. Line

Yes it changed with the last patch and is very difficult now for colourblind people like myself. You can set minimap to red enemies but the fullscreen map is set as default faction colours and from what I see cannot be changed. Hopefully will change it back as its never been like this.
    • Up x 2
  9. Rainproof

10. Rainproof

Fixed for a couple of days but it's Broke once again.
  11. Moridin6

nc=yellow
    tr=red
    vanu=purple

whats so hard?
  12. Rainproof

Since the beginning of the game your faction color settings were automatically transferred over to your other soldiers when you changed to a different faction. That way you didn't have to manually up date them when you've switched. For me my (TR) friends are BLUE and bad guys are RED. If I switch over to my NC soldier now my NC friends as RED and bad guy TR are BLUE for friendlies. VS still shows up as RED from my TR soldier settings. I've always preferred the BLUE GOOD / RED BAD scheme since I change factions now and then and it's one less thing to take care of. About six months ago this changed so you had to fix your settings, then it was returned to the original set up for a few days over Christmas.
  13. Savadrin

I'm not sure that red and blue should ever have been faction colors in the first place, considering how frequently RED IS DEAD.

I wouldn't use green either.

I had some brain **** moments when I first went over to TR and I was previously conditioned to poke at anything red, except now everything red was friendly, and blue was bad. Had to reset my settings to the normal red/blue scheme, and I've just learned to deal with the map color oddities for terminals, points, etc.
  14. Rainproof

Red and Blue is the way that I've played since beta and I have no idea why it was changed. Anyway, that has kind of been drilled into head since that is what the military uses in their war games. All in all, if I'm TR, VS and NC are bad guys so I'll be shooting at anything that's RED... I don't care if their VS or NC. The only disadvantage is to have to adjust the color scheme when changing factions but it's not a big deal..... I like the consistence.;)
  15. Diilicious

nc is blue
    tr is red
    vs is purple.

the end.
  16. TheShrapnelKing

I've never understood why the default was blue=friendly red=enemy in the first place. It lead to confusion for new players.

Having the colours match just makes goddamn sense, and I've always had mien match. TR is red. Period. Even when I play TR. Vanu is purple. Period. Even when I play Vanu.

Simple.
  17. SarahM

My teammates are cabbage
    air balance is garbage
    oh why park our sunderer
    before the enemy spawn