Lib+Stealth=Cheese

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Reclaimer77, Jan 9, 2016.

1. DooDooBreff

its a nick name that got stuck on me after playing 7 minutes in heaven with reclaimer77
    • Up x 2
  2. Azawarau

Yes, because he talks alot of crap

I dont entirely mean this

I did it for the pun
    • Up x 2
  3. DooDooBreff

truth be told, its a handle i made up 15 years ago to to have a unique name with no XxX's or numbers, and make people laugh in games, Ive been carrying it all this time, and its still makes me giggle to this day.

1 i have average breff i guess.
    2 i do talk alot of crap, and enjoy it as an integral part of online gaming.
    3 say my name aloud, with an ebonic (like a gangsta rapper) accent for full effect.
    4 the name barely edged out over xXxelitesniperdrizztxXx
    • Up x 2
  4. Taemien

And 90% of Control Points and Generators are indoors. There's literally no reason to be outside except to give Libs crews points. If you're doing that, isn't dying to them the intention? So why bother complaining about them.
  5. AxiomInsanity87

It all makes sense now lol.

I have experienced Nirvana ;)
    • Up x 1
  6. Reclaimer77

That's not my main either....
  7. ColonelChingles

Larger vehicles should not be able to be as stealthy as smaller vehicles.

Say you have a Galaxy, Liberator, and ESF all running stealth.

Since the Galaxy is the largest, it is the most difficult to make stealthy and the most expensive. The highest level of Galaxy stealth should be the current Level 2, and there should be no engagement radar benefit. There will still be 4 total levels, but each level of stealth offers far less benefit.

As the Liberator is the next largest, it should be stealthier than the Galaxy but not as stealthy as the ESF. Its highest level will be the current Level 3, minus the engagement radar benefit. After all, the Liberator is not supposed to be an A2A craft.

The ESF will remain as it currently is, meaning that the ESF is the only one that can completely avoid auto-detection and can completely hide from engagement radar. This gives a stronger advantage to the ESF for avoiding lock-ons and detection.
    • Up x 1
  8. ColonelChingles

Something with THAT much armour shouldn't even be able to fly. :p
    • Up x 1
  9. Gundem

But science?

We complain that the game has WW2 Era tech, but then when something outside the current realm of science is used suddenly it's all "Ermagurd that wouldn't work IRL nerf it blah blah blah".

forumside pls, make up ya mind
  10. Liewec123

i hope not! gal = NAR or they're doing it wrong! :p
  11. zuka7

There are few problems with stealth liberator.
    1) Only high ranking command chat users are able to tell where one is.
    2) Somehow stealth tech interferes with gunners thermal optics and forces them to use zoom.

If high ranking command chat is not paying attention to chat then a stealth liberator will take out entire columns of armor or zergs.
    • Up x 1
  12. Reclaimer77

Yes you get flying tanks that can literally shrug off C-4 detonations and tank rounds.

We get FLAK with horrible accuracy and velocity.....

You SURE you want AA to have SciFI weapons? I'm all for it.
  13. Reclaimer77

I inspired people to use quotes from Aliens man!

*drops mic on stage*
    • Up x 1
  14. Gundem

Sure, if I get a SciFI aircraft that drops proton bombs which wipe out 1000 meter radius's. And flies at 1000+ KPH.

Tanks are UP right now, let's not make all vehicles irreverent.
  15. ColonelChingles

The problem is when some people are stuck with WW2 tech (Skyguards with slow, inaccurate flak cannons) and some people get future tech (Liberators with MBT-level armour). That's unbalanced.
    • Up x 4
  16. SarahM

If we had a proper AA platform, stealth wouldn't be much of a problem:
    • Up x 2
  17. Reclaimer77

*rolls eyes*

Why didn't you just use the Death Star and blow up the whole planet?

Tanks UP? Yeah only a vehicle ****ter says stuff like that.
  18. Gundem

I'm all for buffing tanks, making AA more viable with either higher skill floor/ceiling, but I just feel that it can be done without nerfing the **** out of aircraft.

Frankly the problem was SOE's terrible base design, encouraging MBT HE spam.

k
  19. Moridin6

how cool would it be if libs had some mechwarrior looking weapons on them, like skynet drone ships lasers raining down..
    game needs More scifi elements imo
  20. Obstruction

i don't have enough thumbs to up.
    • NAR is best overall, best for a roaming, objective based play-style.
    • Comp is best for cert farming, best for an AI or AV playstyle that favors moving with friendly pop.
    • Stealth is best for high-pop areas where infantry are deafened, and their maps are all zoomed in; where neither Comp nor NAR will keep you from being instantly destroyed if they can orient to your approach.
    • Stealth is also probably commonly used for Tankbuster-ganking those guys that sit in tanks way back from the fight, by guys who mostly solo lib and are just doing what they need to do to get the directive lumifiber.
    • Up x 1