[Video] Player Base Madness on the PTS last night

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Razeroth, Jan 5, 2016.

1. Razeroth

The PTS was almost like a labyrinth with all the bases spawned in, AKA the maze runner joke. :)
    • Up x 8
  2. Littleman

Urban city continent confirmed to run well.
    • Up x 2
  3. Cyropaedia

They should make special tournaments or alerts out of this.

It looks cool to see towers on the mountains.
    • Up x 2
  4. AlexR

The most stupid and gamebreaking addon to this game so far. I'd rate this piece of nonsense at -3\10. When i imagine how this will be overused by massive zerg platoons i want to delete the game.
  5. Scr1nRusher

Are.....are you Challenged?

You are reacting to a Dev testing to see how much the engine can handle by using UNREALISTIC AMOUNT OF STUFF.
    • Up x 5
  6. Maljas23

..........:rolleyes:
    • Up x 1
  7. toast2250

Looks amazing, utterly excited!
    • Up x 2
  8. Obscura

Looks very good, I can already tell this is going to add some much needed depth to this game.
    • Up x 2
  9. CKM1982

Welcome back :)
    There is no easy way to quit.
    • Up x 2
  10. Savadrin

This will be the ultimate form of armor troll. you just never know when a new wall has been added preventing you from escaping, attacking quietly, or just a clutch speedbump somewhere to screw you.

Then will come the Base Meta. And then the renegades. I shall renegade. Right after I build The Great Wall of Indar all the way across north.
    • Up x 1
  11. Razeroth

To be fair, the FPS tanked when in the air opposed to when actually inside the buildings so it seems the rendering would work well if you were mostly in buildings obstructing most of the view of the rest of world objects.
  12. sebastian oscar post

you'd need a F**K ton of ore to do that!
  13. Savadrin

BTW - was watching that proxy chat culture vid you did. I'm not sure why we muricans "jaw wag" so much, but maybe it's just how we were brought up in gaming :p

You can't replace the hilarity of yellchat trolls either ;)
  14. Nalothisal

Oooooh mai...that is gonna be fun!
  15. Razeroth

The EU servers don't lack yell warriors to be fair :p I think and like in the video a lot of it boils down to language barriers and a culture of politeness.
    • Up x 1
  16. Savadrin

Our kids are rude, no doubt ;)
  17. JohnGalt36

I don't want to take this too off-topic, but in my (extensive) experience in both Europe and the US, Americans are painfully polite compared to Europeans, at least in public. It seems like it's enough to irritate visiting Europeans. I've never had rude waiters until I went to Europe. I also have never experienced as much debate as I did in Germany. Topics considered personal or rude to discuss in America are debated by strangers there and they don't take things personally.

Don't get me wrong, I like it. I think European culture feels more genuine then the feigned politeness that many Americans feel is the norm. However, I don't know that you can really call European culture one of "politeness" when compared to American culture. Like I said, I don't want to derail this thread, but I wanted to add my two cents.

Source: Been to 48 states in the US, lived in 5, visited ~20 European countries and stayed extensively in Germany
  18. AxiomInsanity87

I don't think you can lump all them countries into one word either mate.

It's all about manners in the UK and have you not thought that maybe you did something considered rude unknowingly and was treated as such?.

when i went to Sri Lanka, the guys hold hands and hug and it is normal. It is a sign of friendship and trust.

I told a guy to go f himself when he tried to hold my hand as we walked along. He was someone i had met and was alright for a single serving local holiday buddy. I had absolutely 0 idea that this was normal at the time and was cursed in their language and frowned upon by everyone in the immediate vicinity for behaving like a "pig".
    • Up x 2
  19. Jubikus

1 minute 20 seconds favorite part of the video.
  20. AxiomInsanity87

Or how about Turkey?.

It is rude to burp loudly in most western countries.

It is rude not to burp in Turkey lol.