2 things that would help keep this game alive

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Obscura, Jan 3, 2016.

1. Obscura

Infinity ward and EA release mediocre reskins of the same dog Sh*t Arena FPS games annually and an eager player base is always waiting to throw their money in for them. Why? I personally think its the exposure the BF and COD series has gotten over the years and their success in hyping up garbage to look like AAA gold. Honestly DBG/SOE have not been able to advertise effectively on their own and gain their game exposure in that way, why not make it as easy and simple for the players to do it for you?

1. BRING BACK THE IN GAME RECORDER- Yes I know it was turned off for performance reasons, but it contributed alot more to the game than most people realize, after they removed it and some time had passed I noticed alot less videos uploaded to youtube for PS2, it went from an in game press of a button for a casual player to capture that epic moment in the fight as it happens( it even had a youtube uploader in game i think) to a much more complicated process with 3rd party programs that can hinder players performance.

2. GIVE OUT OBSERVER MODE TO MEDIUM-LARGE SIZED MAINSTREAM OUTFIT LEADERS/OFFICERS- why is it only given to chosen youtubers? I cannot tell you how many massive battles I've been on the front lines of and I see some true commercial worthy footage of massive amounts of infantry bounding across fields at each other or tank columns advancing against each other. Sometimes it's only 10-30 seconds that are worth recording but I always imagine how even more epic it would be to capture that from a spectator view. In theory it could be very exploitable but I really can't see a leader/top officer of a large mainstream outfit exploiting it especially under threat of suspension/immediate ban and loss of their leadership or even outfit disbandment. It could possibly have some sort of delay and be a visible unit to the platoon on map and in the squad tab with a required X number players in the platoon from the outfit to use so noone can just cheat in secret.

I'd rather risk that very slim chance of them somehow exploiting with it for the huge benefits of streamlining the entire process for everybody.
  2. WeRelic

Yeah, the recorder was definitely a nice feature. You could set the player on an n second delay while they're using spectator mode and call it a day, honestly. Late information is worse than no information, so it'd be pointless as a recon tool.
  3. IberianHusky

Honestly, just adding the long overdue leadership tools would go a long way to helping this game.
  4. AZAN

I think it would be a good idea to give the observer mode out in a more accessible fashion anyway, restricting the ways players can show off the game just isn't a smart move. Adding a minute or so delay would indeed be a perfectly reasonable way of making it relatively useless for coordinating or scouting.