liberator health

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by tanknub123, Jan 1, 2016.

1. Atorum

Liberator health is fine.
    Only thing this game needs when it comes to Air to Air is sever nerf to Scythe, such easymode available to one faction is disgusting, since VS is pet faction to devs its unlikely to happen.
  2. Mxiter

The easiest fix would be:

-G2A a): Incrase massively (something like double or more) flak direct hits damages but giving hit an high damage degradation to keep actual damages past 150-200m.

It wouldn't scale that much in aera denial over a base because of limited effective range, but would makes it real killer if air overextend comes too close and wouldn't hurt that much ESFs since it's quite hard to land direct hit with flak large COF and ESFs small profile.

-G2A b): flak AOE radus reduced drastically, Flak COF lowered a lot, damages increased by 75-100%:

high skill ceiling high skill floor G2A weapon; bads would be bad with it and good quite strong good, like aircraft mechanics works.

-A2A: a) remove tailgun SOE/DBG never removed something introduced

-A2A: b) makes ESFs real libs and gals killers by reducing by a lot its ESFs secondary resistances (rocketpods, A2AM, Coyotes)
    Could be compensed by a small lib cost reduction.

Good libs crew don't fear enouth dedicated A2A Esfs due to long TTK and high ability to fight back (TB, belly gun, tail gun):
    The fact is a decent walker tail gunner have better TTK against ESF than ESF fighting a lib.

-A2A: c) reduce lib top speed at valkyrie level and maybe its overall maneuvrability.
    An heavy geared, heavy armored lib should be way slower and less maneuvrable than light ESFs. AB have its niche, but reducing its base speed would helps a lot ESFs in hit and run tactics. 20km/h difference is almost negligible and its or rare to see an AB lib harassing a secondary equipped ESF.
    Also belly up lib is a nonsense for a dedicated ground pounding aircraft.
    • Up x 1
  3. DeadlyOmen

Try flying.

Actually, it is the crux of the matter. Arbitrary weapon values lead to arbitrary weapon discussions, where only the crybully has an upper hand.

Don't know, I don't sit in the staff meetings.

Two speculations in one sentence; one is correct.

This is a combined arms game with asymmetric weapon values. In the years I have been in this community, this point seems to be most lost upon the forumsiders. Rationally analyzing one's experience over a broad sampling is a good way to understand what is happening. Rage doesn't have the patience for that.
  4. Reclaimer77

Again you constantly contradict yourself. PS2 doesn't have "immutable physics", remember? So hey, you can't prove that flying is "hard".

Have a nice day troll!
  5. Jubikus

They could always make it only face one direction again >.>
  6. Sulsa

It's been asked before but I will ask it again to all who cry:

If it is so good, so easy to command the skies, so easy to farm the poor souls below, how come you don't use it?
  7. Reclaimer77

Not everyone plays this game for mindless stat-padding. Camping spawnrooms (99% of all Lib usage) against people who can't fight back isn't really appealing to me.
  8. QQmore

The only nerf the Lib needs is a 5% reduction in Dalton damage to aircraft to prevent them from one shotting ESFs, and a lock on the pilot switching seats. This will fix a lot of the percieved problems with the Lib.

The hard counter to air power in this game is air power + ground superiority. A ground force with air cover will never be bothered by air. It's only when air power is allowed to do it's thing that it becomes a problem.

This is a combined arms game, and to try and say that a base turret (freely available to everyone and freely repairable) should be a hard counter to a vehicle that requires 2-3 people working in unity for peak performance and 450 nanites is simply ignorant and biased. Base turrets/flak deter air units just fine. The fact that flak can hit a lib at 300+ meters is why it's an effective deterrent, it's basically saying, I see you and *** off, if you come over here it's going to be painful.

Only foolish or inexperienced airmen follow through with an attack run while under direct flak fire. And if it somehow succeeds, well then the anti-air in that are screwed up.
  9. Gundem

Well, since you've admitted that you refuse to fly, what makes you think you are qualified to say jack **** about the skill required?
  10. Gundem

What about a 3/3 Lib with a walker on the tail? Would pilots whine because a shredder took that 5% that the Dalton couldn't, so they still got gibbed by it?

Or would they consider that balance, a legitimate advantage of having a tailgun?
  11. Reclaimer77

I meant I refuse to groundspam troops in an ESF. And you continue to take that ONE comment I made out of context MONTHS later.

Get a life and move away from the personal attacks. Debate the argument, not the person. You can't just blindly accuse people of not having enough experience to make an argument when it suits you.

Nobody cares how much "skill" you people think you need to hover over people in your flying MBT and get cheap kills anyway.
  12. LodeTria

There is no flak tail gun for the lib, it has the direct hit walker, the direct hit drake and the direct hit (for vehicles) bulldog.
    The closest thing they have to a flak gun is the hyena which homes in if the rocket gets close enough like coyotes , but no-one uses that because it's trash.
  13. Gundem

It's not personal, it's factual. You said you refuse to fly.

Ergo, you have no experience flying, ergo you have to place in saying it's either easy or hard to fly.

Also, BTW, check my stats for my Liberator. Most of my kills are vehicle kills. I don't farm infantry for cheap kills.
  14. Jubikus

Air isnt easy i believe its OP in small to medium battles but definitely not easy. This is one of the biggest issues with air 90% of people that are like oh man im a try that get obliterated out of the sky so fast by all the pros flying around they give up. Its not like tanking where you pull it and can avoid other tanks fairly easily and pick off some infantry all with a stock unit an ESF comes standard with a nose gun and afterburners which is pretty useless not to mention you cant hide too well in the sky not many rocks up there to hid behind or retreat to when an enemy hits you. The only people that manage to get good at are are extremely dedicated take alot of time in VR training and usually getting help from others to get started not to mention the huge cert investment to even be useful.

Now the problem is that outside of other air it has no hard counter no skillful way to take it out all it has is "spray to make it go away" i wouldnt have any issue with air if my AP cannon could shoot up because then i could actually kill air by simply being a good shot and some might say that you can do this with Dumb fire rockets and you can if your lucky when something lacks velocity its takes more than being a good shot to hit you have to be a mind reader to know where hes going. Against a tank i can sneak up on it with a drifer jet light assault and take him out with C4 this is almost impossible to do against air hell aganst a lib even if i manage in some super skillful sneaky way to drifter close enough to a Lib and long enough to get 2 C4 on him i wouldnt kill it which is a little ******** because that would be super ***** hard to pull off and should kill him or if hes careless enough at a landing pad to get 2 C4 on him he should die.
  15. Reclaimer77

Because you're usually the pilot and use the Tankbuster maybe?

Maybe YOU don't farm infantry, but I'm damn sure your gunners do.
  16. Gundem

I only run Shredder, Drake and TB. I also have kills on the Dalton, for when I do run it. I also have some shredder kills, about half of which are vehicle kills, but the larger infantry saturation comes from killing sundies full of people.

My gunners might pop a guy here or there, but it's more blind luck then actual farming.
  17. SarahM

So, if the A2G belly gun of the lib is too good against ESF, give it a lot more bullet drop. That would make it less usefull against air while retaining the A2G capabilities.
  18. Jamuro

Bullet drop can and always has been overcome ... it's the time to kill a lib as esf VS the risk of getting one shot killed from the many shots the lib can fire at you during that time (and the fact that for some reason libs are almost as fast as esfs) that cause the issues here.
  19. SarahM

If you're shooting at the lib from some distance and the bullet drop would be large enough that the lib can't use the belly gun against you, that's less bullets coming for you, e.g. you'd only have to worry about the nose gun and tail gun.
  20. AZAN

There is no distance where this is true, some of the liberators on Miller seem to be able to accurately hit at near render distance. Often I am struggling to get more than 50% of my nosegun bullets on target while having to dodge incoming dalton shells.

That's not all libs of course, just the really dangerous ones, most libs are not too hard to deal with, they just tank a lot of damage and often the threat is that you will run out of ammo before you have killed them.

Personally I would have preferred it if the liberator was a bomber more than a gunship, being weaker and more vulnerable but possessing much higher burst damage so it could swoop in do damage and retreat but get killed by esfs or concentrated AA a lot easier.