liberator health

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by tanknub123, Jan 1, 2016.

1. tanknub123

just realized they nerfed burster max speed and bigger cone of fire. i mean u'd think ground AA needs a buff against libs.

i REALLY think liberator's health needs a nerf. they can fly into a zone with 2 AA max, kill tank/sundy, and fly away. it takes 3 shots for ap vanguard/magrider, and 4 shots with prowler. if they have composite armor its even worse. and the most ridiculous thing is 2 c4 CANT KILL A LIB. so 2 c4 can kill a TANK but not a LIB. i really dont know how stupid this is, DBG what on earth are u thinking?

every other vehicle in the game can be instagib'd, except lib. i dont use esf but ive seen enough 1 man libs kill esfs because daltons have ridiculous speed. im not saying it doesn't take skill to use lib, but once a player is skilled enough with lib NO one man unit can kill it. i mean seriously not even 2 c4 can kill it???
    • Up x 3
  2. Sebastien

counter to the Lib is another Lib
    • Up x 3
  3. Mxiter

wich tells by itself how well lib is balanced.
    • Up x 7
  4. Jubikus

Everything can be countered by itself however almost everything has a hard counter outside of itself with the exception of air which only has deterrents do to the impossible to balance nature of Air in general if theres more than 2 AA air is completely obliterated without a second glance i saw this today when the VS pulled 5 or 6 libs and about 12ish ESF and so we pulled 6 burster maxes and the sky was torn to hell however in smaller battles where you can only spare maby 1 guy to do AA otherwise the point goes uncontested Air is an unstoppable god that can only be delayed by the 1 guys for small periods of time after hes already gone in and killed several of his allys.

Air is in a poor state of balance in general and it can feel weak or OP based on the size of the battle and is very hard to deal with do to no solo techniques of being able to take it out without help or being just an amazing pilot yourself unlike with a tank where i dont need to be good at a tank to use a drifter jet light assault to take one out or set up a tank mine defence or put a AV turret up on a hill and guide rockets into them ect. or with infantry where if i really want to take them out i can pull an A2G esf HE MBT viper lightning AI max ect. with air you can pull a skyguard and if they leave sit in a waste of 350 certs because it cant do anything else or pull a burster max which is ok or if you actually want to deal with the problem and get rid of it all together like you can do anything else you have to pull air.

I hate air in this game and its because its either weak garbage that gets incinerated or gods and never anything in between and i dont have any ideas on how to fix it.
    • Up x 3
  5. AlexR

All rages about lib are from players who can't into air ;) And if it's so lethal why don't you use it? Libs are NS, go grab one and INSTAGIB everyone. Ohh. I guess you've already tried that and failed that's why you rage every time someone operates this vehicle well. Calm down.
    • Up x 1
  6. Tasogie

Your one of those steamed it wasnt fair to have AA on ground wernt you. After all your an elite pilot right...

Fact is aa is a joke now. Like many things.
    Tank cant kill a heavy in a shot now.. tank 55 ton mbt..heavy 5 feet of smack talk... heavy wins.

Lib can kill anyone in 1 to 3 hots.. an can tank 6 missles without risk... i could go on. Its always flyers who complain loudest.
    • Up x 1
  7. Azawarau

The only reasonable counter to liberators at the moment is an armored Walker Sunderer

And that makes you food for tanks and infantry that you cant defend yourself against with your guns (Aside from riding up hills to angle guns)

We need better jack of all trades alternatives and a more viable counter to liberators

I spent a good hour last night on my Max lockdown AA max tying to take out 2 liberators and 3 galaxies with the help of other planes

It was discouraging knowing that they could fly off that many times before a kill assist finally came about on a run that they decided to stick around for a little too long
    • Up x 1
  8. MonnyMoony

AA max needs another AA option to counter Libs and Gals that just hover with impunity. A high rate of fire, accurate cannon that does no burst damage could counter larger aircraft.

Perhaps a max mounted variant of the G30 Walker might do the trick.
  9. Reclaimer77

The Liberator is the most overpowered unit in the game. Anyone saying otherwise is probably someone who abuses this beast.

Not only is it just WAY too durable, but it also has afterburners. I mean come on.

And yeah like the OP says, I've even stuck two bricks of C-4 on this beast and it still doesn't die. An aircraft? That's just such a joke. An insult!
    • Up x 1
  10. Azawarau

I think the idea of the bursters is pretty strong

Its not terribly accurate but can damage things lightly even if theyre very evasive

Good for damaging faster lighter planes

A direct hit deals much more damage and is better for slower bigger things

Tuning this to be more efficient might be enough but that wont really solve the liberator issue on its own

Its strange that max suits are much less tanky and damaging than liberators and dont have the options of escape and mobility and rely on friendly support but it gets various indirect nerfs to ammo,vulnerability to tank mines, a literal direct counter that costs no resources but the liberator is still flying the skies just fine
  11. Reclaimer77

Why is it acceptable that a 400 Nanite counter to something "damage lightly"?

That's the whole problem with AA in general. Not nearly enough lethality for a dedicated counter.
    • Up x 1
  12. Matt0193

Air in this game is for masochists, it's by far one of the worst flying sims available. A new player trying to get into Air is going to be trashed by an average skyknight with A2A Lockons who in turn is trashed by an skyknight ace with a nosegun, which is great on paper but there's so little new blood trying to learn to fly that you're killing your own air game looking for people to kill.

So you go farming infantry and armour, which is arguably fine since there's often nothing in the skies to fight, but now they can't even swat you away because they've been nerfed. Liberators and Harassers are both far too mobile and powerful but at least Harassers might die to a stray AT Mine, Libs don't even have to deal with that.
  13. Liewec123

Sad But True :(

libs are pretty much flying MBTs but the co pilot uses the big gun and the pilot uses the secondary,
    (which in this case is Tankbuster, the highest DPS weapon in the entire game...)

whoever thought flying MBTs was a good idea needs slapping with a salmon!
    • Up x 1
  14. Azawarau

If you reread what i wrote in this post and earlier posts youll see that we have the same opinion
    • Up x 1
  15. QQmore

@OP
    Keep in mind while making that statement that an MBT is just as capable of exposing itself to AT fire to eliminate multiple targets and retreat/repair. To a lesser extent a persistent harasser can do the same over time, and a bold battle sundy can definitely wreak havoc and survive even under heavy fire.

The key in all of those above examples are competent vehicle crews. Believe it or not the skill ceiling is actually higher than many people think in the ground vehicle game. The skill set is more about battlefield knowledge and timing than it is twitch response times, and accuracy is also very important.

I get the feeling that you probably haven't really tried the air game nor the ground game and are primarily an infantry player, thus your scope in this conversation is limited to a fixed, biased, viewpoint.
  16. CipherNine

17. Gundem

Well the Oracle stats pretty clearly say otherwise.

Go look at them yourself.

Really.
  18. Gundem

DON'T YOU DARE BRING LOGIC HERE! THIS IS A LIB HATE THREAD, THEY ARE OP BECAUSE WE SAID THEY WERE OP! THAT IS FINAL!
  19. Reclaimer77

There's no way to use pure statistics to measure something like this.

"There are statistics, damned statistics, and lies"
  20. Gundem

Yes, yes there is.

You refuse to admit it though, because it invalidates your bias.