SKYGUARD??

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Multispastic, Dec 29, 2015.

1. JohnGalt36

I don't know why the Skyguard gets so much hate. I really end up racking up kills in mine. Get stealth, position yourself in lanes where air traffic is heavy, learn the TTK, start shooting when they're close enough that you know you'll get the kill, and profit.

Here's a fun Skyguard run that I recorded. The audio is screwed up and I was using a touchpad, so the aiming is a little silly, but it was fun!
  2. Savadrin

Since when are genitals unsightly?
  3. Savadrin

FTFY ;)
  4. JohnGalt36

I had a couple harassers think that same thing on Esamir yesterday right before they ran over my tank mines. ;)
  5. Savadrin

Ha! I really ought to be named minesweeper, I can find them anywhere with my face. I ask my gunner to run EoD HUD if he has it (depending who it is) since I typically run Awareness and don't have HUD 3/4 on my toon yet.

Not that it helps unless I'm crawling, but sometimes. Either way, when I see a skyguard, I drop all other targets :p
    • Up x 1
  6. JohnGalt36

I always run tier 4 EOD. It's glitched and doesn't always help, though.
  7. CrazyMike

I have good results when using the skyguard. Try thinking ahead and planning your position when using it. Practice leading the target.
  8. Demigan

One run against noobtown using Walkers while they don't even have the depression to hit you? You fight off 2 aircraft, one that instantly suicides and the other tries to facetank you in CQC without a single try to even dodge one shot. And the rest... Is just fighting ground troops! People who barely know when to take cover even!
  9. JohnGalt36

It's hilarious, right?
  10. Demigan

Once in a while, yes. But to show this and use it to say "the Skyguard is fun"? Using a vanilla flash would have been fun against them!
    • Up x 1
  11. JohnGalt36

Eh, I thought it was funny. I should have put it to the Benny Hill theme.
  12. Jamuro

The skyguard is fine ... hell even it's nieche application is fine ... what we realy need is a way to deconstruct vehicles/aircrafts for a partial nanite reimbursement (or the ability to refit them on a pad to a different layout)
  13. x7xBillyDaKidx7x

Roll in packs , 3 sky guards rolling behind armour keeping the skies clear is your best bet. 1 sky guard **** , but 2 or 3 will keep the skies clear!!
  14. Jamuro

tbh sadly even just one will make 1 and 1/2 hex a no fly zone for esf's (libs and galaxies require more tough) ...
    and it's one of the weapon platforms that get exponentially better with more people (support) ... the only thing that could be improved (again mostly for skyguard vs lib) is to offer an improved top armor equipment choice (if lib manages to tankbust your rear with his whole clip then ... honestly he deserves the kill and more)
  15. Psycho13

Leave it to a phaagg haacckk to tell others they need skill.
    • Up x 1
  16. Demigan

• Up x 1
  17. FBVanu

Before and after you spent your certs on equipping the Skyguard, you did watch at least 3 -5 hours of videos on how to use it, right?
    You did take out the 30 min test drive and got a "feel" for it, before you bought it, right?
    you do have at least a hundred hours in the Skyguard, before you came on the forum to say it is 'bad', right?

The Skyguard works great, it is not a killer, but a deterrent.. and if you do it right, and with a little support, it is very deadly to air.

Instead of calling weapons this bad, that bad ... whatever.. why not just simple ask the forum for advice first? You might actually find other players willing to help you.

Happy New Year everybody.
  18. Reclaimer77

Step 1: You've identified the problem.

Now let's talk about fixing it.
  19. Gundem

One Skyguard can't lock down a hex as easily, but two are pretty dangerous. Three, combined with some situational awareness and coordination, you can pretty easily lock down a hex or two.
  20. Gundem

I think the main issue is that people want counters harder then Chuck Norris's abs, so they complain when they can't instagib aircraft from render range.

Even against Liberators, the same strategy applies, it's just wise to get a friend to help you out, since you can't one clip a Lib but 2 kills them pretty fast. At close range you shouldn't be missing many rounds, so you'll get that 4.5 second TTK.