Is TR using anything but Gatekeepers?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by DarkWingGB, Dec 15, 2015.

1. Jake the Dog

See above.
  2. Scr1nRusher

Nice try shady account.
  3. DonkeyX

GK is a ridiculously stupid weapon. If you don't see that then you are in serious denial.
  4. Towie

Each to their own I guess - the teamwork play is important to me but I also like some specific / unique kit.

I personally like playing TR due to the Prowler, a combination of good handling, peppy performance, great guns (fnur fnur) - it's a joy to use. GK is the icing on the turret.

I LOVE the NC Phoenix.....and the VS Magrider is huge fun - just not that great at staying alive.

BUT - the team element will be very different on the various servers and by your statements, I presume you're not playing on Cobalt !
    And as for people 'clearly preferring TR' - this never used to be the case until the last few months.
  5. oberchingus

LOL
  6. x7xBillyDaKidx7x

gate keeper is biggest noob stick in game. Give me my ravens ability back to be able to shoot as far as gate keeper and it will be fine. Or make gate keeper have same distance as my ravens and fly at the same speed. Or make my ravens fly as fast as the keeper !
    • Up x 1
  7. Savadrin

Or delete your ravens entirely.
  8. Nepau

Atlest with the Vulcan it has far more of a risk and avalible counter to it's use. With many areas where you can get a somewhat larger line of sight it is a Killer weapon as it can attack from render range and has very little counters to stop it from attacking with impunity. Add the Bugs that cause you to not know it is even hitting you in busy fights, longer distances and you can kind of see the issues.

Really right now it needs more of a risk/reward change to it, as it has very little draw back for long range use compaired to the other Long range AV in the game.
  9. Savadrin

I love the Phoenix too, it's like free headshots all day.
  10. Who Garou

I think you have hit something on the head there.

The Gate Keeper is extremely accurate. I haven't used it much, but I would tend to think that if it is so accurate it must have little drop-off.

"Little to no Drop off" is the Vanu advantage.

Like the other TR weapons, the Gatekeeper should have horizontal recoil, drop off, and wind-up speed increase as it is fired.

The Recoil from repeated firings should reduce the accuracy at an increasing rate as the fire rate increase as the weapons should be bouncing increasingly more as it is fired. This bounce and motion ontop of the drop-off should really be effecting this weapon at extreme ranges, but it is not.

Does it have wind-up speed increase? I think it fires at a fairly constant rate - form being hit by it. But I haven't tested it much.

From the way I understand it the NC and VS weapons that were added at the same time were to try compensate for the devastation that was the Vulcans.

What was the Gatekeeper place into the game to counteract? Everything that a TR harasser or Prowler can shoot at?

The Gatekeeper was put into the game because the TR had to be given something. Unfortunately, it wasn't taken into account that what it was to counteract. Quite simply, the DEVs put in something better than the Vulcans so that TR players would have something to buy.

Do TR players really spend more real world cash on their weapons than NC and VS players?
    Is it simply a "weapon of the month" that is still yielding enough profit to counteract the displeasure of the other two factions?

How is having the Gatekeeper effecting the player balance in the game or the retention of new players?

Numbers in-game seem to be down to me.

We all know that being steam-rolled is no fun.
    I'm assuming that even those jaded enough to roll-over the enemy for the joy of it with an obviously over-powered weapon or Zerg start getting burned out or tired of not actually having a decent fight.
    Both are bad for player retention.
  11. Savadrin

The VS barely even get that.

I think the Lolkeeper needs a slight tone down, but stats are showing that it's sheer number of users moreso than the number of kills per user that are skewed, similar to Raven MAX.
  12. Peebuddy

To be honest I don't even have the gatekeeper unlocked for the prowler and I'm sitting on over 4,000 certs AND I'm a general vehicle guy.

I just really really really love the vulcan, AP rounds + vulcan gunner is something to be feared unlike those camper scum 2 hexes away. Gatekeeper is really good on a harasser though, damn things soo squishy the long range really improves survivability.
  13. KoS-1

Remove all ES weapons. Only have NS weapons.

Problem solved!
  14. Goretzu

Or just balance them (as they have been doing since release)........ just a thought.
  15. Who Garou

Is that vehicles destroyed or characters killed?

I know the basic rule of thumb is to bail out of whatever you are in when it's getting shredded by something that you can't see (aka a Gatekeeper) before the vehicle blows.
    Why let the TR get the personnel kill if the only option against the Gatekeeper is bail out of the vehicle and run for it?
  16. Tycoh

Don't worry sweet little face, the GK will be nerfed to Fractures 2.0 status soon and everyone will be going back to their usual routine of blaming VS for everything.
  17. Jubikus

Its both. The gatekeepers Kills Per Unique and Vehicle Kills Per Unique are both pretty much the same as the Enforcer with the Saron being slightly lower in both accounts compared to the 2 for the harasser platform On the MBT platform the Gatekeeper is slightly the lowest of all 3 in both categorys.
  18. Flag

That sounds an awfully lot like the P.II PPA before it got destroyed.
  19. toast2250

The only problem with the old PPA was the annoying sound, constantly overwhelming everything.
  20. Mxiter

I've never seen 2 GK solo harasser holding 24-48 guys in a spawn.