Are Devs ignoring the issues with how bad lattice has made the game?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Tasogie, Dec 15, 2015.

1. Demigan

Are you really ignoring that the lattice brought more advantages than disadvantages?
    Especially with a declining playerbase it's better to make sure players don't spread out too much and ghost cap. You've got about 300 players per faction per continent, spread that out over 8 battles and you've already got about 40vs40 at most bases. Now spread it out over every single base that your faction has access too and you've got mostly battles of 5vs5 or something, which turns out in some players banding together for larger fights and the remainder ghost-capping everywhere.

So if you didn't sit it out and didn't take your time to see the advantages it gave, too bad for you. The lattice can definitely improve and definitely has flaws, but it's also definitely better than having the adjacency system.
    • Up x 1
  2. Tasogie

I am not ignoring anything, I left when servers were still full all time. People hated it when it came out. But SOE being them its quite normal for them to mess things up.. (SWG CU) anyone?....But now servers are mostly empty its even worse. Now you might like my opinion an thats fine. But it is still my opinion.
  3. x7xBillyDaKidx7x

Lattice SUCKS !! Resource system was way better . Being able to cripple the other factions ability to get aircraft, armour took way more strategy and skill , than just capturing a continent !! Current lattice is way to predictable , all fights end up just being a giant zerg spawn camp festival !!!
  4. MikeyGeeMan

So you left good. Why do you keep posting here? Ah I see now. It's the Internet psychosis
    Since you aren't playing you want no one else to play.

Sorry but when I get on emerald during prime time we have 1500+ on the servers.

Game is not dead far from it. The only thing dead to me are he rage quitters and hobos that stick around without a gaming home.
    • Up x 2
  5. JustBoo

"but you can't say that people play Planetside 2 for big fights"

WTF? Other posts have pointed out how utterly silly that statement is. If you want to play CoD go play CoD, ffs.

"I don't get how forcing people into large fights..."

The only thing 'forcing' you into anything is your own very limited 'vision' and inability to see past your limited thinking capacity. I always see a fair number of 1-12 fights. ANYONE can go join those fights. Huh.

People flock to the zerg and then complain about the zerg. And they always seem quite concerned about what otthers are doing that they can't control. The internet has not been good for humanity.
  6. JustBoo

DING! When I describe PS2 to friends I say: "It's absolute pandemonium and utter chaos. I love it."

Unlike other games where everyone is running in the same direction doing the same thing, when I come over a ridge and suddenly see a large landscape, with lots of people running around and everyone is doing something different, it is a sight to behold. I quite like that.

I will never understand people who buy a box of Cheerios (breakfast food in US) and become enraged because hamburgers didn't fall out of the box when they pour it. They bought Cheerios and are mad because they got, exactly, Cheerios.

[IMG]
  7. Reclaimer77

If everyone played Planetside 2 for massive battles, we wouldn't need artificial mechanics that force everyone to zerg together. People would open the map, find the big battles, hit "REDEPLOY" and go there.

A five year old could do that with today's system.

I love large battles, but small battles are also enjoyable from time to time. Especially with a small squad of highly skilled people who can make a difference instead of just following the zerg.

Your idea is to kill any diversity in gameplay, which is a sure way to continue to lose players. In fact you should probably ask yourself WHY Planetside 2 has a mere portion of it's playerbase it once had. Some of your convictions might be shaken, we wouldn't want to do that would we?
    • Up x 1
  8. Reclaimer77

You took me completely out of context. I simply said he can't speak for EVERY player. I know lots of players who prefer lone-wolfing or small squad action away from the zerg.

If you force players do to things they don't want, you will lose them. That's pretty much game design 101.

There needs to be a system that accommodates variety. That's all I'm saying. The Lattice + VC = mindless zerging and stalemates. Honestly it's getting pretty boring.

And on a personal note, I've been a subscriber for 2+ years cupcake. Take your "CoD" nonsense and shove it up your ***.
  9. FateJH

Even so, wouldn't it be awesome if hamburgers did fall out of the Cheerios box?
    • Up x 2
  10. Tasogie

But really, you need to learn to read a little dont you think ?.

I dont play?and I want none els to play? hah oh dear me thats funny.

Of coarse I guess if I dont play I need to post here an complain right?...wow, just wow,
    Btw, your tough guy on internet act is a little silly, dont you think. You seem a little keyed up. I have no idea what your talking about with cod, I wouldn't be seen dead playing that rubbish. I think we are done talking, please dont waste your time responding again.

have a good night.
  11. Tasogie

I had to reread your post several times before I got it. I had you confused with that mikygee .....person....But yes I agree with you. Small group fights were amazing back before. But as I said the masses hated it because it forced them to stop an deal with you an that took them away form their farming.

Case in point today me an 2 other stalkers took a base between us. we fought off about 7-10 guys in total for 3 mins... was alot of fun.
  12. Savadrin

Small group fights are still plentiful during most hours.

Most Zergs happen during or near primetime.

That said, I never seem to have too much issue finding whatever size engagement I'm looking for.

And yes, often a lot of fights happen in the same places, but not always. And even so, there are probably more maps here than in most lobby FPS games that get regular use.
  13. Mezinov

Given how long some of those cereal boxes sit on the shelf? Only in the most literal definition of awesome.

awe·some
    ˈôsəm/
    adjective
    adjective: awesome
    1. extremely impressive or daunting; inspiring great admiration, apprehension, or fear.
  14. pnkdth

Actually it might not be such a bad idea due to deploy/reinforcements being in the game. You gotta be able to deploy faster (or further) though since otherwise it will turn into a new, and worse, kind of redeployside. Instead of redeploying into a fight, you'll do nothing but staring at the spawn screen as everyone will suddenly go full tacticool infiltrator. While I think this should be a valid tactic, it shouldn't be too disruptive.

Having to fight at the same bases over and over against an entrenched 96+ force can get old at times. Of course there will still be zerging but at least you can contribute more as 1-2 squad outfits and legitimately attempt to split the zerg.

So yeah, I do not think we'd be looking at the same kind of issues we did back in the day pre-lattice if some tweaks are implemented mitigate ghost-capping.
  15. MikeyGeeMan

Whatever. Did that help your epeen?
  16. x7xBillyDaKidx7x

we should at least have the option to play lattice or hex !! that would be cool !! 2 connery servers one lattice and one hex for a month run the numbers and see which one plays more . bet alot of people would come back . To be honest game took a big hit in population when lattice came out !
  17. JustBoo

[IMG]

[IMG]
  18. DeadlyPeanutt

DBG has abandoned PS2 except for periodic server fixes and bad weapons they try to sell. oh, and the 'get revenge' button, aka give DBG money button.

the lattice is annoying but not as significant in the game's decline as lack of new content, lack of balance fixes in pop and class, lack of bug fixes, including hit detection.
  19. DeadlyPeanutt

the lattice system and spawn rules result in players taking 5 minutes to repeatedly spawn across a map to find a fight they like... when the same players can find a balanced consistent match in 5 seconds on other FPS

thus the game is dying
  20. axiom537

NO one is stopping you from fighting or playing anywhere on the map. The only thing that is being restricted is which bases you can capture. Attacking the enemy behind enemy lines or setting up a base of operation behind the fight so you can attack from an unexpected direction are still viable. The only thing stopping you from doing such things is you.

The Lattice System was created because there where some inherent flaws with the HEX system, that could not be solved and for the long term viability of the game it had to be scraped.

For example, under the HEX system it was nearly impossible to defend against an attacking force, because they could too easily circumnavigate around any defenders. This is one of the reasons we would see warpgate camping on a nearly nightly basis. Another glaring and game breaking issue with the HEX system is that it is greatly favors any faction that has a larger population, which makes global and continental population imbalances a serious threat to player enjoyment both for the over populated faction and the under populated faction.