Is TR using anything but Gatekeepers?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by DarkWingGB, Dec 15, 2015.

1. LodeTria

They already did that. They claimed the GK was fine on PTS and now here we are. They even gave some other guy a lot flak because he was claiming that it was too easy to use. Boy he sure must giddy right now.

Dunno what made them change their tune though.
    • Up x 1
  2. Goretzu

That's not remotely true.

The Vulcan was great on the Harrasser and the Prowler was, is and likely always will be the best MBT (at AV and AI).

Which is probably why the TR are now winning so many alerts with the slight population shift to them and the GK.
    • Up x 3
  3. Goretzu

That is essentially its probably I think, it is not its power as such, it is the range with that power and accuracy. I'd bring in the hard limit for the range and see how it goes from there.
  4. Moz

Yes they are only using the gatekeeper.

This will stop.... when the nerf hits.
    • Up x 1
  5. HVOP

My favorite tank is the mag. I drive all 3. I said you can't beat a prowler in a head to head fight with a mag. Don't mean you can't beat the prowler ;)
  6. oberchingus

Not ECUS.
  7. Azawarau

To be fair here

The prowler can unanchor and move quickly to avoid trouble

and it takes advantage of positioning better than other tanks thanks to its anchor giving it extra firepower but definitely cant get to the places the magrider goes
  8. orangejedi829

Tank ability to fly
    Magrider
    ??

Tank ability to strafe
    Magrider
    ??
  9. asmodraxus

Actually all tanks can strafe

Press forwards key, occasional press the direction key to turn tank whilst keeping turret on target, fun fact mag therefore has the lowest strafe speed, it just goes sideways while the other tanks are in theory going forwards but they can shoot in all directions whilst the mag is limited to only forwards.

Mags strafe speed 20 kph
    Prowlers strafe speed, whats the prowlers top speed again?
    Vanguard, a little slower than the Prowler in its top strafe speed but ultimately far faster then the paltry 20 kph then the Mag, however this is offset by the acceleration that the mag has to get to 20 kph vs the other 2
    • Up x 1
  10. Fkn Steve

I wouldnt have as big of an issue with it if they would fix the hit detection bug. No tracers, hit markers, or even sounds of being hit from it. Just the beeping alarm your about to die when tbe mag hits 25%
    • Up x 1
  11. Savadrin

It very well may be coming from the next map.
    • Up x 1
  12. Mxiter

only mads show them flanks to "strafe".

It reduce directly exposed amor, increase the hitbox, increase probability to get rear shots/be flanked and increase exposure time if you need to get cover.

Way different than the magrider that can still expose it's aerodynamic toughter frontal armor while dodging shots left and right, get cover or retreat.

Back to the OP: Is the GK OP? i don't think so and the stats tells it, but it's actually too easy to use (stats tells it too) and needs a bit lower velocity and 4-5 times more drop to be really skill based.
  13. Azawarau

Cant the mag move diagonally and change direction while its strafing though?
  14. iller

Vulcans are still shredding my ESF left and right in 3 seconds ... and I'm running Composite and evading while trying to get a bead on them. ...seeing lots and lots of vulcans still even tho the GK is clearly also strong

couple times I've even been killed by Marauders while on foot
  15. AxiomInsanity87

No it really shouldn't be like the fractures.

Nothing should be like the fractures.

Fractures although fun are exactly what not to do to weapons lol.
  16. Towie

Yes - Vulcans are every bit as deadly now as they ever were, but the GK has attracted all the recent attention.

If we look at Harasser secondaries the fact remains that the Vulcan is pulled way more than any other VS/NC secondary and so you are still very likely to die from one, it's just that even more Gatekeepers are pulled.

I was wondering whether something else would come along and knock the Vulcan off its top spot - I just didn't expect it to be another TR weapon :eek:
    • Up x 2
  17. MikeyGeeMan

I don't see lots of gk. Mostly on harassers

Some tanks. It depends on the fight. If I'm going anchor/arty i go gk so we have reach with main and secondary cannons.

If it's up close its the Vulcan

The problem people are having is with the harasser gk.

tue funny thing is each faction has a weapon to counter the gk harasser. They don't use it.

I've
    Never thought the gk is op. You fire lots of rockets and maybe get a kill.

And people are also claiming no skill required but have never used it.

According to oracle of death. It appears to be just slightly more used. But that was the same with the striker. Everyone had one so it needed to be nerfed.

So here we are. Factions crying. Magriders dying. With gk rockets flying.

Guess some people forgot the memo on how to adapt.
  18. Voodoo Bliss

Hello, I am a TR loyalist and I much prefer the Ranger and Halberd, the trouble is thos weapons arent as easy to use as the GK and random noobs will not get into my tank if I dont have a GK, the GK has spoiled the TR all you need to do is point and click, maybe lead a bit if the target is a long way away and is moving, so random gunners have become less skilled with the likes of the imo far superior Halberd and just wont stay in the gun seat unless they can score hits right off the bat.

Even my mates who are fully capable of aiming with a Halberd still ask me to equip the GK just because they are feeling lazy that night, it is a lazy mans weapon and it sucks, but please do not nerf the GK. Remove it from the game entirelly and give us something completely different, preferably something interesting that requires skill to use.

Just my 2 cents, I'll be branded a heretic by command for this.
    • Up x 1
  19. crocosoborizobaur

because gatekeeper is OP and must be nerfed fast before losing players because unbalance, if DBG not see this in time, will be bad for all PS2 players, gatekeeper users inclusive...
    • Up x 2
  20. Voodoo Bliss

No dont nerf them, delete them completely!
    • Up x 1