Is TR using anything but Gatekeepers?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by DarkWingGB, Dec 15, 2015.

1. Hutsk

Not sure what people mean by "sure it's easy to use but it's super weak" it's just barely under enforcer in sense of DPS. I did multiple tests in VR training and from the back and front it had a 0.1 second less TTK than enforcer. Maybe because it's such a simple boring gun firing tiny little rockets in a straight line that it comes off as 'weak' but it's not.
  2. toast2250

I'm using Vulcan, which I accidentally certed before it was nerfed/altered, when it was awesome and godlike! Not fooling me twice, can see it light years away distance wise on how dis hood rolls.
    If there is anything that I hate more than anything else its close combat in PS2, it may work for some cqc elitists producing their cheese, wrecking you every single time.

Apart from that, Is it not better just to simply use long range weapons, camp and observe somewhere relatively far from battle instead? IE, not dying instantly when revived,..?

Dying less or not at all = fun
    and
    To dies less = range

They should put acid liquid in those water guns, bet they wouldn't be cramming so much after then. Which is pretty much what PS2 is in a tower/building's.
  3. SwornJupiter

Sorry, but a shielded vanny is the undisputed king of tanks...
  4. RedArmy

i use the Ranger and the Vulcan on my Prowler
    and the Vulcan and Fury on my maruader -
    i dont feel the gatekeeper does enough dps to make it worth using even over long range
  5. Imp C Bravo

GK is pretty OP now. No denying it if you aren't ************.
    • Up x 1
  6. Taemien

Try it with someone who knows how to press W or A. Course that means a smart player, not a cert farming zergling who will stand there and take it. Sometimes I wonder how valid the VR actually is.. sometimes the crap in there is smarter than players.

Just an FYI, TTK isn't a great balancing stat when it comes to vehicles. It works.. somewhat with infantry because its fast enough that outside factors are less likely (but not entirely) to affect the outcome. With vehicles, TTK's are too slow to judge a weapon's effectiveness.

For example, the vulcan has the fastest TTK of any secondary. But we don't see nearly as many complaints because of how close it is.

But the GK needs a ton of hits to score a kill. Now if someone sits there and takes the hits. And many do for some god awful reason. Then sure they should die. Might as well let the engineer run up and tank mine you at that point. And I don't want to hear this bullsh-t about players not seeing the projectiles. I don't give a damn if you can't. Press S and pull back to repair if you're taking damage. Just don't sit there and give the kill away. But rant off there, that's not directed to the one I quoted, but to those I've seen get hammered and don't move.
  7. SwornJupiter

Typical 'you're an idiot if you don't agree with me'.
    Pls.
  8. Azawarau

In fairness

A ton of people are going to be heavily biased on it in an idiot like fashion but calling them out on it gets responses like this

Not saying anyone is right or wrong here but noone can deny that players are full of BS and hide under political correctness or call out fallacies to hide their biases or pretend they have any kind of validity
  9. Imp C Bravo

Yeah no. The starred out part is "Be Ess'ing." I am not insulting you. I simply didn't add anything more because we have all talked about it at great length and the devs have already said it is getting changed -- as such I didn't think you would want more debate on it.

You are welcome to more direct explanation if you would like - but that would just be rehashing the other dozen threads with a dozen pages each on the GK.

Suffice to say people are either overstating its strengths, understating its weaknesses, (or vice versa depending on which side you are arguing) and ignoring the fact that the GK is only OP because it has no weaknesses. It's not particularly OP in concept -- its just that there is no way to fight it where skill or tactics lets you put it at a disadvantage. Every other weapon can be combated by using skill or tactics to put it in a less than ideal situation.

EDIT note: A small part of it is the no hit markers, no hit sounds, no tracers, no indication of damage that the GK has somewhat often -- but that is a bug...it'll get fixed -- unfortunately people are also not considering that when saying OP.
    • Up x 2
  10. Moridin6

except you have to Earn the bg..
  11. Exitus Acta Probat

My gripe with the gatekeeper is that it can accurately and rapidly hit you when you can't even see where the shots are coming from.

Its almost like its coming from the next map over its so far away.
    • Up x 1
  12. Cyrek

About the player quoting ECUS players, this brings a good argument to the table: Is DBG going to balance content around these ECUS elitist or are they going to balance around casual gameplay. Going for one will bring controversy over which side they favor. A difficult and unfun weapon will never be used by the average player, and this ECUS attitude reeks of "lol l2p" "garbage players should stay away from the game" cancer would bring about disease to the game.
  13. Nie_Tutaj

You misspelled "Vanguard."

Seriously, they have heavy shields. You'd have to be a complete failure to die in one of those, unless it was all ESFs and one you.
  14. Mxiter

Because you forget:

evasive ability
    Magrider
    Lightning
    Prowler
    Vanguard
    Anchored prowler

Positioning ability:
    magrider
    the rest
  15. Plastikfrosch

Yes but 99% of Magriders has Saron on top and the Enforcer is also pretty famous at the NC. The ES weapons are simply better than the helbeard (its a good weapon but the ES variants do outperform it) and to be fair, the gatekeeper is the only real long range AV option for the TR. The effectiveness against infantry should be tuned down a bit (tested it myself and it works greate even over range) but since anything else the TR has sucks at long range AV i would say its ok.
  16. Plastikfrosch

oh, you can, but not for very long ;P
  17. Jubikus

The Vanguard is the king of Dueling against other tanks in close to medium proximity. Unfortunately theres more to useing a tank than just winning the occasional 1v1 and that is where the Prowler becomes top dog as statistically its the highest performing tank.
  18. Plastikfrosch

perhaps you are using a 1/2 Mag against 2/2 prowler??? i have a good driver and we are using AV/AV Mag and most of the time we get the prowlers down (but we have fully maxed stealth and get the drop on the enemy most of the time). Vanguards are a little bit tougher but most of the time it works out for us in tank vs tank.
    The best mag loadout is still AV/AV with magburner and full stealth (smg infiltrator beneath the MBTs).
  19. Imp C Bravo

Yeah Oracle of Death does show Prowlers to have a solid lead on the other MBTs in pretty much every stat. You can't really complain that Vanguards or Magriders are OP when they do what they do best when the Prowler doing what it does best nets more destruction...

Vanguards lag behind the Mag thou -- surprisingly.
  20. AxiomInsanity87

You guys may as well start contemplating how you will propose a vulcan nerf as the gk may get the striker treatment lol.

I kind of hope it does just so that the vulcans come out on the harassers again lol.

It's fine, we get it. You guys prefer getting gibbed far quicker by vulcan than the plinking Gk.

GL HF lol ;)