Those friendlies who shoot your harasser

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Cyiko, Dec 12, 2015.

1. Cyiko

Specifically the ones who start shooting at you cause they want in. I drive a harasser with my friend and we duo it a lot. So many times I'll be driving and then my team will shoot at my harasser because they wanna get in, as though bullets = I need a ride. They even do it when my damn harasser is on fire... I get so close to getting weaponlocked because I usually end up instantly killing people who do this because I don't want my vehicle blown up.

Anyone else have issues with this?
    • Up x 2
  2. Taemien

Grief points are given per action, not damage given. So feel free to run those ***** down. They'll learn eventually. If you're driving and get weapon locked.. you can still run them down.
  3. haldolium

Who can blame them when Planetside 2 encourages shooting a vehicle as the most reliable and fastest way to get noticed by the driver... that is entirely ****** up and one of the core communication design failures this game carries ever since it's release.

Although I haven't seen it as excessive as the OP describes, certainly never when the vehicle has been on fire.
    • Up x 4
  4. \m/SLAYER\m/

i shoot it when it drives near me, so blind driver will notice me
  5. Endlave

Honestly, I can understand if they do it. I myself am using the "Ask for transportation" option when holding down q, but most of the time, the driver does not notice, which is understandable since nothing happens aside from something blue flashing up around lots of other blue things. I am sure I myself have accidentally missed many such signals. That's why I resolve to shoot at MBTs I want to get into so that I can get the driver's attention. Never did it on Harassers before, aside from that one time I got into one, drive around with some dude for like 10 minutes until we managed to get to a decent fight, only for him to kick me out in the end. I was so furious that he had been wasting my time and patience so blatantly. If you decide that you would rather switch to playing with a friend, at leats have the DECENCY to give your random gunner a /tell, or at LEAST a "Sorry."
    Some drivers are real as*holes. It's hard enough for a gunner to find someone to gun for as it is, we don't need people treating us like peasants just because they spent some damn nanites and put some certs into their vehicle.
    • Up x 1
  6. Devilllike

Apparently your team is mentally challenged
  7. asmodraxus

The other option let them in, then drive to the middle of no where, then boot them out
  8. Pelojian

If they haven't damaged your vehicle may as well let them in. sure harassers are damageable by all infantry primaries but if you are full health and 1/3 and they chip off a tiny bit firing 1 bullet at you isn't that a fair tradeoff for getting a gunner?

They need to improve the noticability of 'i need a ride' do it well enough and people won't have to shoot your vehicle to gain your attention.
    • Up x 1
  9. WeRelic

I had someone do this to my lib a few times, the most notable being someone firing a rocket at it.

So, I obliged and let him ride... Until we hit flight ceiling.
  10. Foxirus

Actually I think after a set level of weapons lock, Your vehicle speed is reduced by 50%. I have never actually tested this though, Its just what I was told.
  11. ZDarkShadowsZ

Oh my god yes, so badly. Whenever I spend time playing with my friend I'll gun for him in his Harasser. So many times people will shoot the vehicle because they want to get in, or they'll stand next to it to try and get in, then get suck in the wheels whenever he'd move. On the occasion he'll nearly eat C4 because some angry Light Assault disliked getting a 'squad only' message.

What's worse is when my friend was sitting on the back of my Flash and a MAX decided to TK him because he wanted to get on. I don't know how stupid anyone could be to think a big heavy MAX would be able to fit their chunky cheeks onto a teeny tiny seat.
  12. Gammit

You mean other than pressing V 5, which will not only call out that you need a ride, but put a visual icon over your character's head so the driver knows who he/she may need to pick up?
    • Up x 1
  13. breeje

i play a lot with my harasser and i never get shot by friendly's who need a ride, never

it's even harder to find a gunner and if there is one jumping in to my harasser the chances are he is a idiot
    shooting everything he sees and don't shoot the target i chase down
    so if your a gunner send a in game text message, if i get a message i turn immediately to pick that guy up
    last time i picked up a newbie sniper this way and he was thanking me after a two hour session for all the free certs he did get
    for a newbie he was a really good shot also with a lot of insight to what he needed to shoot
    • Up x 1
  14. Bu11ish

Whenever somebody shoots my vehicle I go "YES I don't have to drive around for 2 hours begging people to gun for me!" It's never been a problem even compared to "V 5"'s.
  15. cobaltlightning

If it's a MAX throwing a couple shots your way, pick them up and drive them to a sunderer that's near the front lines. Or if it's an Engineer, that's some free repairs on the go.

I may throw only one or two shot, enough to get the driver's attention that I want a ride. This is not nearly enough to make a difference, and even then I'm usually an Engie or a MAX anyway.
  16. Liewec123

i've never done this to a harasser but it is just a sad fact that shooting IS the best way to let someone know you need a ride.
    i suppose if they're an engi they could always shoot you a few times (barely any damage) and then while they're sitting in they could repair.

the absolute worst are friendlies that shoot at you on a flash to let you know they need a ride lol :p
  17. asmodraxus

My standard rules are this,

1) If your not an engi, you are walking, I mean how do you help when I've taken damage?
    2) The choice between someone on teamspeak vs someone that's not, well teamspeak/other voice coms wins, even if there's a drive.
    3) Shooting at me, risks me shooting back, please note that a tank gun does slightly more damage to an infantry then an infantry gun does to a tank/harasser/etc.

Otherwise feel free, but chances are I'm in a lightning if those criteria aren't met.
  18. haldolium

V5, as well as any other direct form of com via V-menu is awful executed and remains usually unnoticed or is ignored. You should know that actually given your time in the game.

As an outsider you have no idea what the state of the vehicle is. If its locked, if the passengers are in a squad or if its public transport (which usually, again the worst possible way, make themselve noticed by honking). The entire chain of informations for both sides are a pure interface communication nightmare and no one playing PS2 can deny that.

The entire public communication chain, of which this is just a small part, is horrible and a core issue of why the game is often shallow shooting in a beautiful, large environment. Outside of platoon/squad/outfit based communication, which usually adds TS to the mix, there is mostly confusion and ignorance, because the tools offered are very disconnected from the actual flow of the game itself.

The more crowded the situation, the worse it gets.
    • Up x 1
  19. Pelojian

If you are not an engineer as the driver or you aren't running NAR you obviously don't care enough about your vehicle so why should anyone else care enough about your vehicle to swap to engineer just to gun for you to increase your vehicle's DPS?

If you are killing people that actually haven't damaged your tank or have only slightly nicked your harasser there is something wrong with you. if you can't be arsed to wait a minute to see if someone will gun in your harasser after pulling it with infantry around and someone shoots at you with bullets to gain your attention for a ride it's your own fault.

The only time i pull a vehicle as a non-engineer is as an AMS, a NAR equipped vehicle or a vehicle that i don't want to keep running for more then a couple of minutes just to mess with enemies at their own AMS and then shoot them when my vehicle is in the burning state.
  20. DeadlyPeanutt

i C4 harassers that drive on walkways inside a base... does that count?
    (i also c4 tanks that run over me when i'm standing in cover behind a building with a dozen other infantry... idiots )
    • Up x 1