[Video] Stalker Showmatch - Iridar vs CuteBeaver - Alternating PoV

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by CuteBeaver, Dec 5, 2015.

1. CuteBeaver

Hello everyone

Iridar51 and I had some awesome face offs on the Public Test Server. We found the footage pretty entertaining and major props to Iridar for assembling it and making everything look pretty. If this is something you'd like to see more from us let us know.

I Hope you all enjoy the video we had lots of fun making it. :3

Infiltrator Related Note:
    We learned some interesting things regarding Drop Assassination style "Batman" attacks. I would encourage using crouch key to increase your downward reach. Yet at the same time be mindful that when crouching mid air your forward momentum is drastically slowed to a stop. It feels kinda like a dive attack.
    • Up x 5
  2. Devilllike

i am a lot into infiltrator so please make more but this time with bolt action rifle i would love to see that showdown lol.This should be a thing
  3. JobiWan

Great content, awful 'music'.
  4. Iridar51

Well, you know what they say: "every man tastes different" ;)
    • Up x 1
  5. JobiWan

Yes I get that tastes are different, but when it's about killing people, it doesn't do it for me.
  6. Lenox

Very cute. I like it.
  7. Dualice

Very entertaining - well played both of you!
  8. Moz

AWESOME!

Nice work guys!
  9. PanzerGoddess

awwww you got to play with iridar, how fun. Last few times I ran into iridar he was busy being my personal medic lol.....which sucks as iridar is much fun as infy, love ya buddy.
  10. Diggsano

Why did i see you only using crossbow? Is it cause you both prefer it over other sidearms? And why?
  11. Iridar51

Well yeah, I consider Crossbow the best weapon for stalkers, it's a great combination with EMP or a knife strike, and provides very consistent damage over 40-50m, while other sidearms become nearly useless by 15-20m.

Blackhand is a sort of an exception, Beaver will have more to say on this topic.

I'm a Light Assault main, I've been using stalker only to farm melee kills, and crossbow works best for that. I've also seen Beaver predominantly use the Crossbow in her videos, so it was just kinda assumed that we'd both be using that.
    • Up x 1
  12. CuteBeaver

In one word: Yes.

However / Disclaimer

Due to steep learning curve and numerous hate mails on youtube I encourage new infils to use the Blackhand for ranged work. The crossbow requires a lot of time and learning to use well. (If you want to put the time and effort in then **high five** but go into it knowing this) Blackhand is easier especially when it comes to taking down mobile targets at range. Sadly Blackhand doesn't allow for those lovely bolt+ quick knife take downs CQC and is not as synergistic with our mines or EMP strikes.

This post explains the difference between Blackhand and Crossbow. (I was responding to a discussion about silencers): https://forums.daybreakgames.com/ps...eapons-are-they-worth-it.236771/#post-3333606
  13. Diggsano

Thx for the answer!

I play mainly Stalker on Cobalt.

I have much sidearms
    Underboss
    Commissioner
    Beamer
    Crossbow
    Spiker
    Blackhand

And i was wondering which one would fit my playstyle.

For range i clearly like Blackhand without doubt.

In closerange i am using Underboss/Commissioner but i can't decide for one because Underboss has the Speed and Commissioner has the Damage.

Spiker seems useless for me, it is not the "Repeater" i'd like to have.

And the Crossbow seems really situation specific to use, (no target was over 30m in the Video)

Also I think the Crossbow is very punishing for failing one shot, the reload of the Arrow gives too much time to interact for the Enemy.

I am the Stalker who likes to kill people and they think "wtf happened to me now?!?" which the crossbow can peform with knife combo. (I use the Powerknife, because the one hit option seems better for me, i would recommend standart Knife)

When i shoot with the crossbow to the Enemy, he gets a hit and does move in panic, meanwhile i am reloading and can't land the next shot. :/

I would be very happy for some tipps for the Crossbow, it becomes frustrating to me.
  14. Iridar51