How often do you use implants?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Vectore, Dec 5, 2015.

1. Xiad

For anything vehicle-related, always Targeting (ie. including AV and in vehicles). Sensor Shield, EMP and Hold Breath for various Infiltrator loadouts, the anti-concussion one for CQC (YOLO) HA and pretty much just Regen4 for everything else. The little benefits go a long way, when we are talking about fine margins. I've never had an issue with maintaining energy without ever buying them or running membership, but that's more a symptom of a reasonable SPH and how often it's just Targetting I'm using.

One thing I'll never understand is this rhetoric for calling implants either pointless or unfair. They provide minor benefits to certain styles of play, give general tactical advantages or reduce downtime; none of which is without significant merit or outright unbalanced. Using them intelligently can tip the balance in plenty of ways, so I deem it worth the frustration of the rather embarrassing "crafting" system to eventually get the ones you can make use of. Also, we are talking FINE margins here, guys. Implants aren't going to be the difference between an experienced player beating a less experienced one. That's utter nonsense.

Let's not pretend that novice Infiltrators will make nearly as much good use of a maxed Sensor Shield as veteran ones, either. So what if it's unsustainable for newer players? It will be helping them less often anyway. It's very much the same case as fully certed equipment; I could hand my Magrider/Scythe to someone else and they are still just as likely to crash and burn as they would be in their own. That's not elitism, that's simply time invested in the game. Implants can make a difference (so use them), but they won't be the deciding factor in clashes with even a minor experience gap.
    • Up x 1
  2. JustBoo

I simply do not use them.
  3. Colonelveers12

Awareness all day every day, people just do not realize how many people shoot at Valkyries, it's like having scout radar!
  4. Danath

Battle Hardened: Infil (using x2 or x4 scopes) or Engie with Archer/BlackHand
    Health Reg: Medic with shield deployable
    EOD: MAX, anytime I get a vehicle
    And then the occasional Safe Landing 4 for surprise/sneaky in Indar or Tower bases.
  5. Liewec123

Regen1 is love, Regen1 is life!
    in Regen1 we trust!

i have it active in pretty much every situation except for vehicles, when i usually don't use an implant,

the only other exception is long range AV (anchor prowler, raven max etc) when i use enhanced targeting 1
  6. Azawarau

Regen 2 on everything except Medic and Max

I really dont know what to use for those two that would actually be useful

Im too watchful of mines to have an implant and most other things just seem unhelpful
  7. JustBoo

Oh Man! I now know it's not just me.

No matter what weapon I have or where I am, if I see a Valkyrie I HAVE to shoot at it.

Why is that? I figure they put a "dog whistle" sound or subliminal suggestion in game to make us HAVE to shoot it. And ya' know, once in a while I've actually downed a few. Nice.

They should have called it The Squirrel!
  8. Pelojian

I use regen for LA and shield medic, EOD for engineer for vehicle play, battle hardened for HA, if there is alot of EMP spam i'll swap to EMP shield.
  9. DirArtillerySupport

EOD3 24/7 unless I'm sitting in a turret and Sensor Shield 3 for the few seconds I'm putting out mines.
  10. Imperial Sect

Almost never. Only time I ever bother with these is if I pull a sunderer, I will put on EOD 4, but once it runs out I forget about them.
  11. minhalexus

i've never bought a charger, i constantly have like a level 3 implant on, I never run out of energy.
    how?
    you can always construct super chargers with like lvl 1 implants, i did it soon after they were released, haven't run out since then.
    super chargers give you like 10000 energy or something.
  12. RedArmy

i use Regen rank1 - cuz thats probly the only viable implant there is.
    and higher ranks are fairly pointless tbh
  13. DeadlyPeanutt

this ^

used to get drops, including batt charges, haven't noticed any drops, certainly not enough to sustain them.
    if there was a trash bin, they'd be in it.
  14. xMaxdamage

regen because of c4. and props to DBC for giving regen 2 for free if your empire holds a biolab <3
  15. Moridin6

i fail to see how holding your breath longer while sniping, seeing mines ahead of you while driving, seeing health of tanks while lancing/av turreting/tank sniping, not showing up on radar, and not being affected by my own emp (to name a few) are pointless things.. but ok
    and unless youre Really not getting xp theyre quite sustainable
    • Up x 1
  16. Lection

i have so much charge i found out the cap was 99999 charge (6+ months ago), to counter the easy to get battery life i have to use a T1 implant everywhere (regen, hate having to rely on medkits and stims) or else i'd lag from clicking my implant mixing pot.
    • Up x 1
  17. bLind db

BH1 or 2 if I'm below BR50, literally nothing if I'm below BR35ish. Can't say for anything above BR50 since I keep deleting characters to remake them.

Implants are a money sink at best for low BR players, and give MASSIVE advantages in many fights. It's easily the most p2w aspect of PS2.

It was a ridiculously poorly implemented system that does nothing more than absolutely **** over newer players. You cant maintain a first tier implant until you have a backlog of spare chargers and implants you can turn into Super/Ultra chargers, and with literally no guide or help menu, most players won't even be aware you can make them.

Just another dropped ball by literally every member of DBG that worked on them or has anything to do with QA, as usual.
  18. ZDarkShadowsZ

I can relate. :eek:

[IMG]
    • Up x 1
  19. Savadrin

If I had the implants I wanted, I'd probably run them.

The pace of my playstyle is not really sustainable for T3's, but it is what it is.

I want to like EoD for my sundy, but I really feel like Awareness will help me survive more since long distance sniping from libs and armor is so prevalent. I just don't have Awareness yet. It's seriously frustrating to be taking fire and literally unable to see where it's coming from before death, because they're skipping in and out of render range.

Definitely would run counter intelligence if I ever went back from stalker to sniper, or rangefinder until i got a feel for drop. But honestly, Blackhand countersniping with a stalker renders rangefinder useless, and it's pretty fun and effective. Might run CI on engineer for the few times I get out of my vehicle to use my AV turret. Of course, I don't have CI either =\

I might run Rangefinder for a while doing Fury or Bulldog work because the drops are painful, and I can't quite get a feel for those weapons at range, or on an angle. Could I do it in VR? yeah, but it's just not the same.