[Advice Needed] What is a good/effective way to take out a max.

Discussion in 'MAX' started by Vidraken, Aug 10, 2014.

1. Booface

Archer is the best choice at mid to long range against MAXes, if you're willing to give up anti-infantry potential. I usually carry it when I'm pulling tanks, to deal with AV MAXes behind cover.
  2. Littleman

As a fervent MAX user, I can say that a good, cautious MAX is the hardest thing to kill. To the point that the only thing that really ever kills me is a swarm of bullets. Sure the occasional rocket connects, and sometimes a dude with C4 does get me because the time between throw to detonation varies from player to player (lag and $#!%, only game I know of where laggy players have the advantage) but generally find a stream of martyring infantry packing shotguns and automatics just rushing me and laying into me to be terrifying, especially if I'm backed into a corner.

What I'm getting at is - bullets will ALWAYS work, because frankly, a smart and experienced MAX player can generally avoid everything else. It actually takes about 3 guys to down a MAX within a single magazine each, not even counting head shots, before kinetic armor. However, since most players are more apt to run like little girls and try to drop C4 on top of a MAX, most MAX go with flak. I've found the NC to be the most terrifying to go up against as a MAX suit, simply because of their overall higher damage numbers per round. I swear most TR weapons waste a percentile of their rounds, because it simply doesn't make sense NC have higher DPS against my MAX than the TR or VS.
  3. Vurvu

Apparently, "Shotgun" has become a dirty word.

Whether it's one or two wielding shotguns, it's game over for the MAX if they're not inside of 2 seconds quick enough to do something about it.
  4. GarryStutter

@Littleman I think you are making a mistake there. NC weapons have more kick, they miss more, are affected more by explosions and flinching giving them a team-killer-name, and have lower TTK on average. So you would end up dying faster from anything but NC weapons, the only NC weapons edge for killing maxes is in the LMG department, due to a higher damage per clip from 100 mag LMG's with 167/200 damage per bullet EM6, Gauss saw.
    In non LMG departments, damage per clips is out-shined with good margins by other factions, as well as dps in honesty.

So the edge perceived would have to come from more sustained fire damage V.S. maxes with NC LMGs, which negate some of the inaccuracy from the higher damage per clip LMGs because they're big targets to shoot.

Edit: So my point is, if someone would, NC would miss that percentile of dps, but it is offset by your size, and the prevalence of Heavies, them being a counter V.S. maxes.
  5. SgtBeta

For me I use these:

-The quickiest ways to kill MAXes:
    C4, rocket and pump shotties and pray the MAX don't have FLAK armor maxed out.
    Tanks or any kind of vehicle to shot them down and prey they don't have FLAK armor when I'm using explosives.
    If you see said MAX has FLAK armor, get near and unload your shotgun ammo on him.

-The safest ways to kill MAXes:
    Stay away from them, and shoot a lot of rounds at them, normally most of them run away when their armor get low.
    Get 4 or more allies to shot him down, someone will kill him eventually.
    Gun from a vehicle, preferrable not an air vehicle if the MAX is an AA MAX with busters.

-Dangerous ways to kill >>A<< MAX(or mutiple if you are lucky enough):
    C4s on the ground, bait him to the C4s.(If you are an engie, tank mines).
    Get really close to them, like point blank range and shoot him, cross-jump him(like jump inside him), crouch, shoot a lot, jump again and pray he has bad CQ accuracy.

-ALLOHA SNACKBAR mode:
    Get on team speak or use in game VOIP, get a flash(or harasser) and a team mate with land mines or C4, fill the vehicle with mines and C4, one of you will have to drive it to the MAX(or vehicle), and then rush to the MAX, when you get close enough, use hand breaks and tell your friend to detonate, or jumo ou and detonate yourself.(I got 30+ kills once with this and I got 2 AA MAXes too)

Hope one of this can help you!:D
    • Up x 1
  6. Daigons

It's already way too easy to take out a Max. Even one of those pipsqueak Flashs rolling 1-mph into a Max can score a kill. Maxs can sure dish it out if they stumble into a room full of unsuspecting flat-footed enemies. However it only takes one semi-conscious player to C4 a Max. Recently I've been equipping my Medic with C4 and I've been routinely taking out Maxs with little effort. I used to fear Maxs while playing a Medic. Now I see them as easy XP.
  7. Azawarau

Usually when i see a max ill either archer it or run in with anti tank mines to lead it into a trap or take it out with me

Medics can use heal to survive long enough to C4 or give it a good amount of fire to the face

Light assault with drifter jets can float around a max and fire at it until death or just C 4 and get it over with

If youre with an ally you can play peek a boo with it and take turns shooting it in the back if you dont have explosives
  8. Krinsee

Range is your friend. Even as a Dual arm burster I tend to land several hits on the charging person and then when they get close just finish them off with a Max Punch about 90% of the time.
  9. SQPD

There's also the grenade launcher on S model carbines and ARs. It may take a long time, but score some direct hits on the MAX and try to unload as many headshots as you can.