Thoughts on Directive LMGs?

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by Wind_Walker, Nov 6, 2015.

1. Wind_Walker

Pretty much straightforward. What are everyone's thoughts on the Butcher/Betelgeuse/Godsaw?
  2. Khallixtus

Betelgeuse is strong. Everyone who has played this a little bit knows.

Don't know much about the Godsaw. Seems to be an okay LMG. Nothing too special though,

Butcher is actually decent thanks to the last patch. Before patch it was a Carv with worse recoil and more ammo. Now it also has better hipfire, which is certainly useful, and also has higher RPM. This is good. This is more bullets in their face. God knows we don't need any more, but it's still good.

All are okay, none except Betelgeuse really stand out. Betelgeuse isn't too strong now anyway thanks to the patch, its just good. Brought it back in line a little.
    • Up x 1
  3. Klondor

They all seem to have their niches now.
    • Butcher for long fire duration and mass kills.
    • Betelgeuse for skirmishing and solo-attacks
    • Godsaw for offense and stopping power.
    I just recently made a video showcasing the power of the butcher actually.

It's probably my favorite TR LMG now since the patch. The only thing i would change about the directive weapons (specifically the butcher) would be a change in firing audio. It's kinda hard to tell when you've ramped up to the 780rpm maximum, the audio signature just sounds too close to the 750 that it starts at. Maybe i'd bring the buzzing sound from the BRRT attatchment to the butcher, or switch from the Carv's audio to a new audio signature when it's ramped up.
    • Up x 1
  4. jmdafk

Ive only used the T9, but having also used the orion and SAW its clear the TR have got the dirty end of the stick (as usual)
    A less accurate version of one the least controllable weapons in the game? Thanks, just what we need.

BUT.. problem is its great fun to use. And the recent ROF change actually means its got a small advnantage in CQC vs most weapons. I hate to admit it, but i dont mind using it indoors.
    In comparison the BG is arguably the most versatile gun in the game (only the orion comes close) and the SAW utterly dominates medium range and beyond. And in hands other than mine can also be good up close (I got killed in cqc by a saw vs T9 the other day which was embarising)
    The TR gun is only ok in CQC and worthless elsewhere.
  5. SQPD

The Beetlejuice, Beetlejuice, Beetlejuice does not Bio-Exorcise like it used to.
    • Up x 1
  6. TheKhopesh

The Betelgeuse is exceptionally good for it's intended close/mid range niche (nice base accuracy on both ADS and hip, decent stats, never get caught with pants down reloading, and infinite ammo).

The GODSAW is actually "Meh" at best. It's kinda trash in it's niche, as it's locked in the role of mid/long range, but doesn't have the accuracy to let it actually be effective past mid range (velocity is hardly noticeable simply because it's too inaccurate to hit infantry at the ranges where you'd feel the difference, the recoil is horrid because ANY 200 damage tier weapon demands an advanced grip to be effective -this is why the velocity is so underwhelming despite how much extra you get- at ranges outside 40m, and it has ZERO hipfire potential just like an uncerted Gauss SAW).

The Butcher... I really don't know. It felt okay on PTS, but I really don't know it well enough to say one way or another (I don't have it on live).
  7. johnway

I recently had a go with the butcher and i must say after taking a break from the NS LMG this gun isn't half bad. I can kill something reliably and i had some interesting kill steaks with it. Especially when they all rushed through the door and i just had to hold down the trigger. Killed of them charging through the door and 2 more when i was revived afterwards.