I Think There's Something Wrong With This Game

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Abraham with Cheese, Dec 2, 2015.

1. Abraham with Cheese

I love playing this waaay too much for a veteran (going on 3 years now). I mean, I think of (and try to play this game) at least once a day, or at least, a few times a week.

Despite the dwindling player base.

Despite the forumside shenanigans.

Despite the bugs, glitches (few) script kiddies, OP or broken mechanics.

Despite the hatred towards the game many vocal people seem to develop.

Despite the sub-par hardware I'm playing it on.

I still just love this game. What am I doing wrong?
    • Up x 9
  2. Azawarau

Youre enjoying a something despite its flaws

Clearly in the wrong
    • Up x 4
  3. Goldmonk

You're being a fan and a gamer. You have my support, good sir.
    [IMG]
    • Up x 6
  4. MorganM

Same here... Played since release, I play almost every day a little, some days I play for multiple hours, still spending money on it, it's the ONLY game I play... clearly I'm a fanboi junky for this game.
    • Up x 2
  5. Armcross

Love
    • Up x 2
  6. tijolo

7. Liewec123

i'm down to playing once a week at the moment, but i agree despite the few hiccups it is still a very fun game and there is nothing else in the same league if you're after massive scale FPS :)
    • Up x 2
  8. Taemien

You like the game and are honest about it. Everyone else, are lying to themselves.

No one uses a product that is flawed.
    No one supports a company the believe has questionable or immoral business practices.
    No one plays a game that isn't fun.

All games have flaws, glitches, and bugs. Look at Super Mario Bros. 3, that one had game breaking issues at some parts. Yet still sold over 25 million copies.

Whenever someone has an issue, here's the steps they should take one by one until the issue is mitigated or resolved:

1. Press P and join something.
    2. Leave said squad and join a better one.
    3. Check connection.
    4. Check DNS.
    5. Reinstall game.
    6. Uninstall game and play something else.
  9. Dennisz125

Lack of players who knows what to do on ps4
  10. customer548

As long as you don't throw an imaginary EMP on people in the supermarket queue while screaming "Damn zerg", and as long as you're not looking for the Deploy button while parking your car, i guess it's all good. :eek:
    • Up x 5
  11. Respawn

I've also noticed how most of the whiners keep coming up with new things to complain about; which means they are still playing.

Whether they like it or not, they still love this game like everyone else, there's just nothing else like it.
    • Up x 5
  12. Eternaloptimist

Been playing two years now - play every day for a short time (and a long time at weekends). Still finding things to do that I haven't tried before and I think that is part of the attraction. As well as the sheer fun and scope of the game itself.
    • Up x 1
  13. Moz

Alpha squad here..... still here 3 years on!

I have taken a break here and there to freshen up and play some other games (loving HotS) but then i get my FPS tingle and think shall i go buy the new Battlefield? Should I try a modern CoD? Should i buy Battlefront? And then i remember they simply cannot touch PS2..... NOT! EVEN! CLOSE!
  14. Obscura

Lol yep pretty much, they write a long melo-dramatic eulogy for the game and wave bon voyage, 2 weeks later an update comes out and they're back playing it once they realize all the other FPS's on the market are boring crap compared to the massive scale of PS2.
    • Up x 2
  15. JustBoo

DING! QFT.

Here are the Wasted Whiners of PS2.
    [IMG]

And I amend: They also suffer badly from the Dunning-Kruger Effect. Badly.
    • Up x 5
  16. Dennisz125

That's is very accurate of ps2 players
  17. AxiomInsanity87

Games are treated like a fashion statement nowadays.

I love this game too despite the bump ride and then the free-fall ps4 ride. I am a planetside 2 fan and saying that should be no different to being a fan of anything.

Just keep playing, screw the fickle shtbags who should really just be done and gone.
    • Up x 1
  18. TheRunDown

Try saying shenanigans in game..
  19. eldarfalcongravtank

i gotta be honest here: i am also addicted for three years already... but only because of the fact that PS2 is one of its kind.

seriously, if there was a Battlefield game with 1000 players per map, "unlimited" vehicles, three-faction never-ending warfare, i'd abandon PS2 in an instant....
    • Up x 1
  20. AxiomInsanity87

Cognitive dissonance intensifies

Power overwhelmingly

Please go dig a hole cliche'