25 days of Xmas sales (per day)

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by RedArmy, Dec 1, 2015.

1. RedArmy

"Holiday Countdown Sales Day 1" (there's 1 to 25, but grouping weekends, like "Holiday Countdown Sales Day 5 & 6")
    "Happy Holidays!"
    "Today Only! Snowblind Camo Available!"
    "Today Only! Alt Faction Color Camo Available!"
    "Today Only! Daybreak Decal Available!"
    "Today Only! NS-15MP Available!"
    "Today Only! Swampcrawler Camo Available!"
    "Today Only! Solid Dark Brown Camo Available!"
    "Today Only! Solid Green Camo Available!"
    "Today Only! Solid Dark Tan Camo Available!"
    "Today Only! NS-357P Underboss Available!"
    "Today Only! Sandstorm Camo Available!"
    "Today Only! Solid Dark Green Camo Available!"
    "Today Only! Solid Brown Camo Available!"
    "Today Only! Solid Tan Camo Available!"
    "Today Only! "FB" Edition Faction Pistols Available!"
    "Today Only! Solid Pink Camo Available!"
    "Today Only! Solid Bare Metal Camo Available!"
    "Today Only! Solid Light Tan Camo Available!"
    "Today Only! NS-11CP Available!"
    "Today Only! NS Victory Available!"
    "This Weekend Only! 1st Anniversary Bundle!"
    "This Weekend Only! 2nd Anniversary Bundle!"
    "This Weekend Only! NS-44P Commissioner!"
    "Solid Charcoal Camo" changed to "Solid Gray Camo"
    source:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Planetside...live_update_detected_at_20151201_0724_am_pst/
  2. bLind db

I can't wait to not give DBG a single cent!
    • Up x 3
  3. Goretzu

Meh.
    • Up x 1
  4. FieldMarshall

So they are basically giving everyone who spent money on exclusives the past 3 years the middle finger.
    That tells me they are at the end of their rope and dont care anymore.

Which is really sad, because its typical of SOE (aka. DBG) to offer exclusives and "great deals" before abandoning games.
    • Up x 2
  5. Souleater

I have a couple of those exclusives. Since I bought them with cash rather than unlocking them for particular things I really don't mind other folks being able to buy them.
  6. sebastian oscar post

[IMG]
  7. Liewec123

the "solid grey" is pretty much giving TR the opportunity to buy black camo for all of their weapons, vehicles and armour.
    (i've just bought it for my TR :) )
    the only others i'm looking forward to are "solid bare metal" if its shiny (finally a replacement for tech and shard!)
    and ofcourse the pink! because killing people with a pink mag-scatter will be even more hilarious than a normal mag-scatter! :D
    • Up x 1
  8. Gundem

Really? You are impressed with these?

Last year we got 90%-99% off select items for 12 days. If this is really the extent of the "sales"(These not even being actual sales) we will see, then I'll be quite disappointed. Pretty sad, seeing as how the recent Cyber Monday sale was pretty substantial.
    • Up x 2
  9. Goretzu

The Platinum weapons I can see being more acceptable (as they seem to be being sold seperately rather in the prior bundle), the anniversary stuff is definately more iffy though, as they were sold for a specific time-period event (they may have decided they have no option, but in that case I'd have though again sell the weapons seperately and not selling the decals).
    Strangely though some of those would actually be worth buying again just for the boosts, but as FM says, it seems everything is for sale and it smells a bit of an "everything must go!!!111" cash-in/closing down sale. :(
  10. Mezinov

• Up x 2
  11. Liewec123

also worth noting that they've nerfed the bundles, they only give a booster on one character (as in the 3rd anniversary bundle)
    • Up x 3
  12. Mezinov

Sauce for those incredulous, or Reddit hating, types.
  13. Pikachu

F'k, solid light tan is the last camo. I want it. I hope it's like white camo! Looking forward to bare metal camo too. Btw could they not sell AE ESRL in a separate bundle? I would like to have that phoenix but I don't need the rest.

The NC yellow is way too dark. I want real bright yellow. I hate the shine on the shatter camo. I want matte bright yellow pikachu color.

I bet every TR is going to buy black dark grey camo.

Looks like the camo mask is not the same for all camos.
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
  14. stalkish

So how long until we can buy the recruit reward tank cannons?

Your selling everything else why not those Daybreak?
    • Up x 2
  15. Pikachu

Speaking of reward things, how often do you see the reward camos these days? They are super rare. The tank cannons I have only seen 1 time, a vanguard.
  16. RadarX

Nothing being sold was at any time "exclusive." Available for a limited time? Sure but it's been at minimum a year on most of these items and it should be ok to bring them back for a day.
    • Up x 2
  17. Bush82

I missed out on the first year but have bought the second and third. Im happy with this outcome as i will purchase it this weekend.
  18. PKSpark

Valve fixed the exclusivity issue by putting a tag on their items -
    Any 1st anniversary bundle bought in 2013 will get somewhere a "1st Anniversary 2013" in the contents
    and bundle bought in 2015 get a "1st anniversary 2015" in their contents. Dunno if doing that for PS2 would works but it didn't made a squeek in the SPUF about exclusive items obtained in chest vs. items dropped as they had different status in icon color...

(btw will the Kazoo and Failsauce horn be available this xmas?)
  19. xMaxdamage

I don't understand all the hate, if you bought the 2nd anniversary bundle one year ago (as I did) you got one heroic boost for each character you had, while now you got only one. buying the anniversary bundle when it comes out is still a better deal, I'm totally fine with that, and since I'm not disappointed that someone can now have "my" darklight armor, dude shouldn't be pissed if now I can have "his" gold trimmered freaking fabulous striker.

will the anniversary bundles contain the exact same content as original ones? (cept for the boosts obv)
  20. Gundem

Are they at least reducing the price of the 1st and 2nd year bundles to match the subsequent value reduction from the lack of Heroic boosts? I might pick up one, just for the boost if anything, so long as the price is actually reasonable.
    • Up x 1