Terrible Micro Stuttering/ Hitching After Update.

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by TyrantJo, Oct 30, 2015.

1. Parak

[IMG]

You can see in the screenshot above what this should look like - under full glitching and freezing which can take a few minutes to start, the highlighted process will spike up to 45% or more. That's the one you should kill, and never kill the single unique thread (in this case 84be4) as it will instantly crash the game.
    • Up x 2
  2. Gabriella

This exactly.
    I just wait for the first big freeze (3-4minutes gameplay) and immediately kill the first process.

Im really curious if they ever gonna fix that...
  3. Joay

Oh ye, definitely. I did eventually kill them all *he said with shaking hands and covered in some sort of red liquid*, but that was more out of frustration xD

However, just for the sake of completion, someone might have found a bit more on the matter. I can't try myself atm, but just for people who are not on reddit

https://www.reddit.com/r/Planetside/comments/3sbed3/guys_i_think_i_found_it_possible_hitching_fix/
  4. haldolium

Interesting find. So it all comes back to Scaleform apparently.

I am trying to test that one next time the freezing appears again.
  5. henrickbr

I did the procedure as explained awaiting freeze to kill ... The freeze continues, stuttering and fps drop.
    I tried to play for 10 minutes, 60 fps, falling to 10 and freeze.

Everything was going well, before upgrading (29).
  6. Rastarius

good for me..wait the first freeze and kill the process .
    thank u Parak ...i can play now...
  7. Lord_Mogul

Its interesting that the users are doing developers work.
    As long as it's helps I'm fine with it. But the devs should be informed, so they can sort out that issue.

But the dual core age of gaming is definitely dead. Same with 4 GB of RAM.

There are some games not that won't even start with a dual core. (No matter if Core 2, Pentium or any other one. i3 and FX 4xxx are mostly fine) Ant the first games with recommended sppecs of 16 GB are already there.
  8. Beerbeerbeer

My game wouldn't stutter, but it would freeze/black screen. It wouldn't happen very often, but enough to annoy me.

I tried everything and the last thing I did seemingly helped.

Device manager > sound then I disabled all Nvidia sound. Still have sound, but it helped...I think. Might not have played long enough to encounter eh.
  9. iZUM

Same here! HUGE performance loss after the update!
    Micro freezes all the time..unplayable!
  10. iZUM

oh well, killing a process thread actually helped !
  11. Beerbeerbeer

Also, going to Windows 10 power options then advanced and changing it to performance also helped me.

For some reason the default/balanced values are fairly meager in that it allows the pci express slot to reduce power. Changing it to performance removes those limitations.
  12. Beerbeerbeer

I fixed my issue. It wasn't easy, but it's completely gone.

I have the GeForce experience and noticed my issues correlated with me doing driver updates through that. I have no idea if part of the old driver are being left behind or what have you, but prior to doing that, I've never had these issues.

Here's what I did.

1. Turned off auto updates in win 10 for devices and drivers (Google this, although there's a caveat, even turned off it auto updates drivers, I found a way around this by doing 3 below).
    2. Downloaded the latest nvidia drivers directly from the website. Although I hear they will stop doing this soon. Ugh. The version I got was 359 I think, or the latest one.
    3. Unplugged my Ethernet cable. Important.
    4. Uninstalled everything nvidia. I think I did the GeForce experience first, forced reboot and drivers last. I forget, but even this wasn't easy.
    5. Right after the last reboot, immediately installed the downloaded drivers with a CUSTOM>CLEAN INSTALL. The first time my computer, even with 1 above turned off, was loading drivers. The second time after the ethernet cable was unplugged, wasn't, but I didn't exactly wait and check, just waited until fully booted up and installed.
    6. Rebooted. Even though you don't have to.
    7. Went to the nvidia control panel, 3D settings and loaded ps2 game and turned power preference to Performance.
    8. Plugged back in my Ethernet.

That's it. No nothing, crashes, driver stopped responding.

Good luck.
  13. Lord_Mogul

Yeah removing the nVidia Shield service, nVidia Stream service, Geforce Experience service and such is a good idea.
    Same for disabling the update service in the background, alteast for the time you are playing.

I also set my power profile to maximum performance for the time of my session and go back to adaptive afterwards.
  14. Beerbeerbeer

i honestly believe that doing driver updates through the GeForce experience is really buggy.

Kind of disappointing as you would think Nvidia would understand (more than anyone else) the importance of completely getting rid of the old drivers, but alas, I think doing updates through that software doesn't completely uninstall everything prior to applying the new drivers.

Coupled with Windows automatically installing drivers, getting the latest drivers--properly installed--is an utter freaking nightmare.