Heavy Assault Directive [Need help]

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by Klondor, Nov 27, 2015.

1. Klondor

So i've gotten to the Master section of the directive, but i'm having incredible difficulty pounding out the last of my directive for the class armor. I've managed to complete the following:
    • Mini Chaingun Kills
    • Launcher Kills
    • General Kills
    But the last two i'm having immense trouble with.
    • MAX Kills [180/300]
    • Air Deterrence [900-ish/1200]

Playing as a TR heavy, what 2 kinds of setups do you guys use for dedicated anti-max work, and surface-to-air damage? So far, i can't decide which primary weapon will compliment my anti-max capabilities.
    I'm not really bothering with AV grenade kills because frankly, i find it incredibly hard to kill even with the standard frag grenade, sticky grenades are probably the only reliable grenade that kills what you're throwing it at.

So far, the loadouts I've used aren't helping as much, maybe i'm just choosing the wrong items.

Anti-MAX:
    Weapons:
    • T7 MCG, Butcher, T9 Carv-S, or TMG-50
    • NS-44 Comissioner AE, T4 AMP, or TS2 Inquisitor
    • Decimator Rocket Launcher
    • Anti-Vehicle Grenade
    Other Slots:
    • Nanite Mesh Generator (maxed out)
    • Grenade Bandolier (maxed out)
    • Medkits/sometimes C4 (I suck so bad with C4 it's embarrassing, so i tend to carry Medkits)
    • Implant: Regeneration 3
    -----------------
    Surface to Air:
    Weapons:
    • T16 Rhino
    • TX2 Emperor
    • T2 Striker, or ASP-30 Grounder (<--- more reliable than the striker TBH)
    • Anti-Vehicle Grenade
    Other Slots:
    • Resist Shield (maxed out)
    • Munitions Pouch (maxed out)
    • Med kits (gotta stay alive to bring them down)
    • Implant: Battle Hardened 4
    -------------------
    As for playstyle, against maxes i try to do my best to flank at any given moment, charging MAXes head on is always asking for failure. I always throw AV grenades first from the flank to get that immediate burst of damage that causes them to flee, but there are just some maxes that take it as a challenge, and kill me regardless. I've also had trouble with my AV grenades actually bouncing off of the max and back at me, killing me, or wounding me heavily. Pretty frustrating, honestly. I also find it extremely hard to hit a VS max with a rocket, it feels like they just don't have to dodge for it to miss, since they're so skinny. Time and time again i watch my rockets pass harmlessly between their legs, around their head, and even under their elbows without doing so much as trying to avoid it. NC maxes are ridiculously easy to hit because they're so bulky, no problems there.

Against aircraft, i try to stick near cover with some form of ceiling to avoid being bombarded, i tend to fire at them when they're approaching rather than when they're fleeing, that way i can ensure i get some damage.
    Speaking of which, after testing it out, i believe (i could be wrong) that the amount of damage needed for a single point of air deterrence progress, i must at least do 1,000 damage. When using the Grounder, each hit grants me a point, when using the Striker, every 5 or 6 rockets (depending on the aircraft being hit) will grant me 1 point, and while using the swarm, all three rockets must make contact for it to grant 1 point, do tell me if i'm right or not, but that just seems to be what's going on.

Sorry for the ridiculously long wall of text, i just need a little push in the right direction.
    Thanks forr reading.
  2. Liewec123

i'd probably go for the anti max kills,
    i'd probably roll with decimator (could use grounder), AV grenades with nade bandolier and c4
    generally lots of stuff that goes boom!
    that being said i haven't tried grinding the directive myself yet

good luck with it whatever you decide to do! :)
  3. Eternaloptimist

Grounder got me a stack of air deterrence points. But I have more fun with the Striker...........Fun vs Deterrence? Fun won so I stopped Directive chasing. I have a ridiculously low kill count on Maxes (as a TR HA). Decimator or any dumbfire RL seems your best bet if you are going to stick to TR. But if you don't mind playing NC I can tell you that the Phoenix camera guided RL is a sure fire Max killer. Good for the Deployable Destruction Directive as well. Of course the safest way to use it is the despicable spawn room warrior method as you are a sitting target while guiding the rocket.
  4. Gundem

For Anti-MAX, I had an old loadout that was pretty devastating, but since the nerf of Conc. nades it's not as reliable anymore.

That being said, if you can pull it off it's quite nasty. Toss a conc, while they are stunned, hit them with your Decimator, finish them off with an auto-shotgun.

Qutie a bit harder now that concs don't explode on impact, but often times MAX's like to camp in predictable choke points or hallways.
  5. Klondor

I tried your advice and it works - to a degree. Ive found the MSW-R to be a really effective max killer for this kind of attack, due to it's head shot capability. I've also decided to use the Marker 1 implant with it, so when the enemy is lurking around the room and no one's been spotted, as soon as that concussion goes off, and people appear on the map, that's how i know they've been affected by it. It works surprisingly well.
  6. Gundem

Conc's trigger marker? I did not know that, I must try this sometime.
  7. TheKhopesh

I'm just down to those last 130 max kills til I get my HA armor.
    I run C-4, as I practically never see maxes outside of CQC zergs (probably thanks to the Archer limiting them on what they can safely do against infantry with open ranged combat).

I use:
    Either Jackhammer or GODSAW (I'd use the Gauss SAW simply because when certed it's vastly superior to the GODSAW, but I have the Gauss Auraxed already, and am still working on auraxing the GOD).
    Decimator.
    AV grenade.

But most often, I just wait for the max and his +3 engies to camp a corner, then spam it with C-4 as best as I can.
    (Connery TR maxes are a massive pain doing this, and VS virtually never use maxes nowadays on Connery. They prefer HA and Aircraft spamming. NC still pull maxes all the time for Ravens, so it's significantly easier for the VS/TR on Connery.)

As for AA:
    Swarm all the way.

The missiles are FAR easier to get to hit the target thanks to the delay before they start tracking the enemy aircraft, which lets you fire wihtout having to have the enemy sitting virtually still.
    To boot, there are two rocket velocity settings.

The default (fast) rockets fly off and make a swerving spectacular show (along with making cutting them off before they intercept the vehicle a pain for the pilot), but in tight quarters, they often overshoot and hit rock walls.

The second option (slow) rockets travel FAR slower, and react much more like a normal G2A lock in that the distance they travel before the tracking mechanic engages.

(IMO, that's how all lockons should react. Just a ~30m grace period when fired where they won't immediately fire out the side of the barrel and OHK that friendly 3m away from your shoulder at your 3-o-clock. Just a quarter second or so before the lock engages and it goes off after the target.)

Finally, the Swarm gives you ~0.5 "air deterrence points" toward the directive per shot.
    This is nice, because for every 2 mags (3 shots a mag) that hit the aircraft, you're getting 3 points toward the directive.
    All other launchers for NC can only give a solid 1 point per hit (IDK about the Striker, and I know the Lancer isn't quite as easy to wrack them up except against galaxies).
  8. Klondor

|
    Ah, i seeee. I'm glad to say i'm finished with the Air Deterrence portion, i'm now like... 80-some-odd MAXes away from the armor now. As for the amount of maxes, i have to fight NC for it now, i havent seen a VS MAX that i could kill in days. The big problem with fighting NC maxes is that they dont give you time to retreat. If he looks at you, you die. If you attack him within 30 meters, you die. It's pretty hard right now. But i'm trudging along and i'll get there.