What are you thankful for in PlanetSide 2?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by TheFlamingLemon, Nov 23, 2015.

1. tijolo

I forgot to mention one of the most important aspects of this game. Without it it would be 70% closer to being 'just another man clicker'.

One hundred percent goddamn friendly fire scale. It is unmentionable how this makes this game better.
    • Up x 2
  2. Beerbeerbeer

1. The death ahhhs, aargghs and gaaahhs. Aaaaahhhh, splat! Group kills are bonuses in Aaaaahhs and yeeeelllppps.
    2. The auto-insults that the paid voice packs do upon killing someone. Yeah you suck buddy!
    3. Road kills. Zoom zoom.
    4. Getting a vehicle or proximity mine kill from a base you're not even in and your character proudly announces the fact by screaming out an insult, even though the deceased is too far away to hear it.
    5. Insults. Should have more. Should be a purchasable voice pack of nothing but insults.
  3. K2k4

1. Tree camping killing sprees.
    2. When i play infil for an hour after struggling on my light assault for months.
    3. Euphoria after unlocking an aurax weapon.
    4. Noobs. If it werent for noobs i would not have kills, or at least way fewer of them.
  4. FieldMarshall

Black Camo.
    So thankful. Best thing ever.

[IMG]
  5. Megalegs

Massive FPS battles, constantly evolving, shifting frontlines
    Sandbox
    Huge number of playstyles, with objectives and rewards
    Community
    Not that many idiots

Changes nearly always positive in the long run, even if coming slower than us greedy consumers would like (especially the freeloaders)

More to come I hope...............
  6. Beerbeerbeer

Oh yeah:

6. Dumb, stupid names, especially when one dumb names happens to kill another and you happen to see it live!
  7. RainbowDash9

that its not made by EA.
    • Up x 1
  8. FLHuk

1. Viper Lightnings
    2. People who do not quit the game after being farmed repeatedly.
  9. Tricycle

I'm thankful for the boring repetitive gameplay which revolves around the silly spawn rooms making the overall gaming experience tedious. It has kept me off the game and allowed me to waste my time on something less annoying.
  10. Obscura

1. The massive battles, no other game can come close to comparing.
    2. The team work, the level of coordination I've witnessed over my time playing this game by outfits from all 3 factions is nothing short of amazing.

And 3. The community, the camaraderie and brotherhood. In the 3 years I've been playing planetside 2 and the 2 outfits I've been apart of I've cultivated lasting friendships with people from all over the world. I've played very few multiplayer games where theres as much variety and diversity of the playerbase. All walks of life, all ages, from so many different countries. Americans, Canadians, Europeans, Asians, Latin Americans, Russians, it's not uncommon to see people from everywhere in a single TS channel having a great time together. It's an every day thing for my outfits TS. Theres something to be said about that, gives me a good feeling.
  11. TheFlamingLemon

I'm sorry but planetside has about the least repetitive gameplay I've ever seen in an FPS. You can play as air, ground, or infantry, and each area has different vehicles/classes, and class and vehicle has different weapons and abilities to cert into, which results in an absurdly large, if not uncountable, number of playstyles, and that's just what you can do without a squad. With a group of players, the sky is the limit.
    • Up x 4
  12. Obscura

But..but he can't get the highest K/D in the match because planetside 2 is an eternal war and he can't pwn nabs and noscope baddies when he's trapped inside a spawn room.. :(
    • Up x 1
  13. maxwell smart

im thankful for the game,
    most of the community
    and for each funny topic on forumside. (could be more)
  14. DirArtillerySupport

15. Angrylad

I'm thankful for the beamer being OP.
  16. customer548

- Being able to do whatever you want, whenever you want on hudge maps.
    - The fact that you have to be a bit curious at first in order to find your own class, favorite weapons, attachments and gameplay.
    - A colorful sci-fi design (It could have been another boring post-apolyptical dark one, "Omg,war is so serious because everything has been destroyed, omg we are survivors :'( ").
    - Nice sounds design for a great part of them.
    - Classes and vehicules synergy.
    - A reactive and efficient support team, as far as i know about it.
    - A non-invasive cash shop.
  17. pnkdth

A great community. Seriously, I love playing on Miller. The efforts the PS2 Battles team do with the Server/Lane Smash, as it is not only a great thing on its own but it has improved the level of play on Miller. I much rather be outplayed by co-ordinated outfit play than massive zergs even if it means getting thoroughly stomped.

Sure, there is zerging and drama but that's just PS2. Nothing to be upset about.
  18. JustBoo

+1 Yep, when I see people complain about how limited, repetitive [whatever], I know it is their tiny inflexible brains they are really talking about. If a player can't figure out how to deal with an opponent by using their brain and changing their behavior to suit the situation, then their failure is on them. Instead they come to the forums to whine like cry-babies about nerfing [whatever].

I think this has telling implications in real life. If there is a natural disaster - in real life (RL), the people who do well in this game (people who think), will do well in that RL disaster because they are thinking and figuring out how to handle an ever changing situation and survive. Again, they think.

The Cry-Babies will be exactly like those people who during Hurricane Katrina stood in 3 inches of water, refused to move an inch and screamed and cried for someone to come save them. The instinct for self-survival did not even 'kick in,' that is the very definition of a lazy non-thinking sheep. Hmm, sounds kinda' like ForumCried eh?
  19. Pikachu

Compared to Counter-Strike? :D First round, everyone buys desert eagle and keeps it until they get enough money. Then it's ak/m4 & awp for the rest of the game. For everyone. For every map. Maps usually boils down to the same 5 maps, of which dust2 is played 50% of the time.
  20. SolidJungle

The fact that this is all people. No bots, just people. Ever soldier is fighting for their faction, which is amazing.