PS2 the most expensive game I ever played

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by breeje, Nov 23, 2015.

1. RedArmy

i get bored. when i get bored i spend money. i got 422 certs this morning in 2.5hrs. for the most part im hoping black friday and auraximus sales for my alts that i never play, lol
  2. Benton582

Over the span of two years, I SPENT NOTHING. NOTHING. *Echo* (This is a regret. Seriously. The game value is worth it.)
  3. DeadlyPeanutt

lol, maybe on a dive vacation, not on a free game :)
  4. Eternaloptimist

It's not the game that is expensive - its your spending habit. I pay a subscription and I've never paid anything else with cash. I save up certs or the 500 DBC I get each month until I can afford what I want.

I've never played a game where you buy the sub and they give money back to you each month.
    • Up x 1
  5. Sulsa

Hey, you spend money on what you love to do. I would spend more money to help PS2 along if I could.
    Plus, guys that spend money because they love to play PS2 directly benefit the ones that play for free or put little in. I would suggest a 'thank you' is in order for the bigger spenders :D

I think I have spent about $50 myself in 3 years of playing. I still love it and think it is money for some great fun and well spent.
  6. JustBoo

So how much money have you contributed to a game you claim you don't play, but clearly, you do play?

I see this:
    [IMG]
  7. Beerbeerbeer

I don't mind spending a lot of cash.

I look at it from value/enjoyment perspective.

I play this game a lot and enjoy it just as much. If I buy 10000 DBC, the cost per play time and enjoyment is pretty cheap.

I purchased maybe four full DBC vaults since returning, and I think I got one shortly after release in 2012, in addition to subscribing, although they need to boost the subscription or offer a planetside 2 only subscription for more stuff imo.
  8. Beerbeerbeer

However, I'm at a point were I literally don't need anything. I have everything I need for all of my characters across all three empires.

Unless they start offering new stuff, my purchases may change.
  9. PKSpark

I must have spent like 200 eu, and i may spend more for grief-inducing weapons. Blitz, cyclone, jackhammer, and their TR counterparts
  10. Inex

And the weird part is, that isn't even a lot of money. It looks like a lot when you put a raw sum on there but if you look at $700 over three years, that's around $20/month. Go ask any parent what it costs to take their brood to the theater to watch the latest Pixar offering, and then ask yourself how many hundreds of hours of Planetside you could by for that price.
    • Up x 2
  11. eldarfalcongravtank

my account's net worth is probably over $700. no membership/subscription expenses, only DBCash purchases for weapons/cosmetics.

it's also my most expensive investment in a game to date (BF4+Premium for $120 looks laughable next to that). honestly though, i dont regret a cent spent in PS2. it's a well worth shooter game that still got me hooked even after three years of playing
    • Up x 1
  12. TheFlamingLemon

I've never spent a cent on this game. I feel confident in saying that the business model for planetside is among the best in free to play games.
  13. K2k4

I was subbed for 3 years before canceling earlier this year. The subscription has good value, offering in game perks and discounts, as well as the stipend of dbc each month to keep you feeling the value long after you stop playing regularly.

After I quit my sub i have only missed a little. The extra loadout slots, the member sales, double xp weekends. I actually hated the free daily certs because they made me to regret days when i didnt log in.

Certainly other perks could be added to make a membership more worthwhile, like 10% reduction on aurax directive objectives; member exclusive weapons, cosmetics, or events; or other non-performance enhancements.
  14. FieldMarshall

Over the past 3 years, i have justified the money spent on PS2 with things like "ill just eat less dinner this week, so i can get that sunderer horn"
    It adds up. I regret nothing.
    • Up x 2
  15. Inex

And even then, the amount of stuff you can get in Planetside 2 for the cost of BF4+Premium isn't that shabby.
  16. Ballto21

i like guessing games

its tf2 innit it
  17. Azawarau

I can imagine that gets expensive but no

Its Mabinogi