What are you thankful for in PlanetSide 2?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by TheFlamingLemon, Nov 23, 2015.

1. TheFlamingLemon

Just list a couple of things you're thankful for in this game. It doesn't have to be a complete list, just the first things that pop in your head.

I'm thankful for:

• Victory Points,
    • 3 Point AMP stations,
    • XP bonus for continents that your faction has less pop. on,
    • letting us see who owns the spawns at which we're spawning,
    • the deployment shield,
    • the "In Development" section,
    • the fact that we got to keep our halloween hats,
    • and the ability to mute different voice channels.

What are you guys thankful for?
    • Up x 2
  2. AlterEgo

The game.
    The players.
    How much this game helped me out in real life.
    Spandex.
    Span... oh wait, already got that.
    Railguns.
    Lancer.
    Lasher.
    Flare.
    Game's music. Could be so much better, but it already is amazing.
    And finally, the effort the devs are putting into the game so that we can only enjoy even more. Can't stress on this enough.

Basically. I really love this game, but I also can't wait to play it while enjoying a massive hummus-covered turkey. HEHEHE.
  3. RedArmy

ill be honest - i was happy we got the halloween hats kept also - the bandanas looked really nice - although i still use my bahamut mask.
    im thankful for the servers are still up
  4. Benton582

*Cough* Daybreak *Cough* SOE actually helping this game.*Cough* Construction *Cough* ANTs *Cough* Indarside remake *Cough* Not really happy with weapon variety and cosmetics.
  5. Campagne

Service ribbons.
  6. TheFlamingLemon

Oh, and I forgot my biggest one: Directives. They are seriously the best.
  7. Bindlestiff

Trying to log in and seeing they haven't yet turned the servers off.
    • Up x 2
  8. YoungPedro

the performance updates, had like 10fps in beta. Now i can actually enjoy the game
  9. Moridin6

its like they took battlefield, made it spacey, and then made it HUGE
    my thankfulness comes out every 6 months from my bank account
  10. Eternaloptimist

All of the above plus the ability to change class and change loadout in the middle of a fight (subject to having access to a spawn point of course).

Flak armour, now that explosive spam is such a thing.

The improvements since DBG got to work and the anticipation of more to come.
  11. JobiWan

The flexibility of play. If I feel like being a sniper, I can be a sniper. If I want to run around dropping ammo and repairing maxes and tanks, I can do. If I want to join a small squad or a huge platoon, I can do. If I want to stalk deep behind enemy lines and cause mayhem, I can do that to.

I can attack or defend, drive a tank, gun in a tank (same in a sundy or harasser). If I'm bored with a zerg, there's usually somewhere else to go.

Plus I've made a few good friends simply by playing PS2 with them.
  12. tijolo

Projectile speeds (no hitscan)
    Leading the target
    Bullet drop
    First person everything
    Real-money-only just for cosmetics
    The only MMOFPS besides PS1
    The 2k+ hours I've spent on it and the 2k+ hours to come, hopefully
    Nanites
    The fact that these guys have always made, are making and will probably keep making awesome games
    I really hope that for once the devs read this thread and giggle and smile at every positive post
  13. WeRelic

A positive post on forumside? Noooooooo way :rolleyes:

To be honest, I'm thankful for the flight physics.

At first I thought they were terrible, but there is a certain beauty to how they were done once you learn the quirks.

I'm also thankful for the massive battles I've seen, to the point that I broke down in laughter and pity when I heard someone describe battlefront's 20v20 as "epic and massive".
  14. Colonelveers12

Valkyries.
    • Up x 1
  15. cbplayer

Thankful for all the wonderful people I cam across
  16. Dennisz125

This forum that we could discuss about everything
  17. JustBoo

Thankful that when I respawn at a Sundy I no longer appear 100 meters above the ground and then get dropped to my death. And if that wasn't enough, the game would then taunt me about stupidly committing suicide.

I cannot enumerate them all, but a lot of blatant bugs seem to have been fixed. I haven't respawned as a Freakish MAX / LA Frankenstein Monster lately, nor have I had my shield stuck on for a long time. Etcetera. DBG seemingly fixed a lot of that without fanfare. Thankful.
  18. Azawarau

The Archer,Falcons,Under barrel grenade,C 4s, Drifter jets, Stalker cloak, The Valkyrie and the flight of the Valkyrie horn, Sky whales
  19. Sulsa

I'm thankful that Planetside 2 is a rather complex game with a steeper-than-average learning curve that keeps the trash talking, nerve-grinding, spoiled brats of the CoD crowd in their own plug-n-play kiddy pool console games.
    • Up x 3
  20. Jubikus

Dakka
    [IMG]
    • Up x 1