is my kd decent?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Sumguy420, Nov 21, 2015.

1. Sumguy420

Just wondering if i should really even care but seeing as i do im asking anyways lol.
    My current kd is 1.45 and i mostly play engineer and medic and i am primarily play infantry with sunderers being my main vehicle of choice
    • Up x 1
  2. SwornJupiter

I'm of the opinion that any player who holds a KD of 1+ is a great player. Especially in a combined arms war-game where there are literally 100+ ways of dying. Keep it up, you're doing real good.

Although it would help to be more support-focused (i.e. disregarding KD completely), we still need killing machines on the battlefield.
    • Up x 2
  3. DarkStarII

No idea, but mine's lower at 0.811 although I've never really cared about my KD and do stupid things regularly...
    • Up x 1
  4. Noooooch

I think your true kdr (not including revives) is more important than in game kdr (with revives). You should be able to check somewhere to differentiate the two. I think the average kdr across all servers, classes, and factions is about .8 or .9 so having a 1.4 is above average.

But yeah, other stats are also important. XP per minute, kills per hour, score per hour, accuracy, headshot ratio etc.
    • Up x 1
  5. Blue_Shift

Let me put it this way... Ive seen 1.4s dominate 3.5s so don't worry about it. Its too easy to pad a kd with tactics. But if you like to be outnumbered or suicide to accomplish your goal, Your gonna have a lower KD. KD isnt an accurate indicator of skill. But it can be an indicator of gameplay style. To really know how skilled a person is youd have to watch their video feed, unedited, because anybody can make a great higlights video with enough time.
  6. Blue_Shift

Also, If you run with squads or Outfit, this could significantly improve your Kd depending on your pplaystyle. I know dudes who will only play in squads or where they have an advantage. As soon as they dont have an advantage they abandon the fight. Don't be fooled either. You can have the advantage when your low pop in an area if you let the enemies come to you so to speak. So when a outfit says they play where the ods are against them, they dont necessarily mean that. They will take a small portion of the map, but not try to push forward because they will simply die to much. I have seen this with some outfits.
  7. Leftconsin

All of which are totally wrecked on my main.

Additionally KDR does not count for how you got those kills and deaths. If you farm all the time in advantageous fights then you inflate a bunch of stats. If you play in rough fights against tough opponents all the time then you will become a better player with worse stats in the end.
    • Up x 4
  8. Ryoken

Are you having fun?

If yes, your K/D is decent. Doesn't matter if you have a 0.000001 KDR as long as you're enjoying yourself.
    • Up x 3
  9. Azawarau

Its good but its not good indication of how strong a player you or anyone else is

Always keep that in mind
  10. Taemien

1.45 is pretty decent as a support class.

On my new engineer it fluctuates wildly. Sometimes I can nail a 3.0, and then some days it struggles to get .75. It really depends on the situation. If I'm called to pull sundies, drop mines, or drive a harasser.. it tanks. If I get into decent infantry fights it'll jump above 2 to 1. If I get a good shot at a lightning, it'll go as high as 5 or 6. But those little spots are rare.
  11. Sumguy420

oh on my good days i can get a kdr of about 3.0 or 4.0 but i tend to put myself in danger all the time trying to support players lol i wish you could swap from medigun or reptool faster then my kd might be better
  12. AxiomInsanity87

Yeah anything above a 1 is good really. Most players have some redeeming quality about them regardless of k/d.

The more you play, the more you'll learn to maximize on kills in any situation.
  13. FieldMarshall

Your KD is decent. Some of the guys who constantly gets top 20 daily kills are at 2-3 KD.
    One of my favourite players on Miller who is constantly on leaderboards everywhere (stoneshankNC) is at 2.2.
    Im not half as good as most of these players, but i have a 6.6KD playing mostly Engi/LA.

Point is, KD isnt always a good indicator of how good a player is.
    But i guess its a bit off topic. The answer to your question is yes, your KD is decent.
    • Up x 2
  14. breeje

no no no you all need at least a K/D of 3.3 ore you are a bad player
    a K/D of 5 to be taken seriously on this forum and you need a K/D above 8 to play with me
    and the ones with a K/D above 12 can reply to my posts
    all the others with a K/D below 3 go and play candy crush
  15. johnway

The truth is that K/d is meaningless in this game as its not like Deathmatch or Rush in BF, but anything above 1 would suggest that however you play currently, you're able to hold you're own. But that said, the k/d has changed so that its a mute point. If you get revived it removes the death so its not really a true figure, plus there are ways to massage the figures (eg long range sniping, shooting people in a EST or ESF).

Me? I usually don't charge in first as thats usually an instant death sentence. I usually play mid to long range support. Upclose and personal was never my thing because of my accuracy and situational awareness.

tbh, as someone else has pointed out, i could start a new account, get a sniper rifle kill one person a day and log off and reach a k/d of 365.

But that said, k/d DOES bother me. If i find myself dying more than i'm killing, i'm not earning points and certs and thus wasting my time playing the game as i'm just there to be humiliated and farmed for someone elses fun and that annoys the hell out of me.
  16. Goretzu

It is meaningless as a measure of skill (or whatever) in PS2 as it is more influenced by how you play.

You can be a great player with a low K/D or a rubbish player with a high K/D ratio in this game, equally as easily.

For example, you can play Engi or Medic and be a vast help to your faction and yet kill very few in a couple of hours play, but get killed a couple of times and end up with a low K/D ratio that has no real relevance to what you provided to your faction.
    • Up x 3
  17. WeRelic

Glad someone else thinks this way. Every single player has a niche in this game, and since there are so many ways to play if you eschew the statistic hound meta, it's really easy to miss yours.
  18. oTec

Means nothing, but it still bothers me when i'm like under 2. (For some unknow reason, i don't like it under 2 <.<)
  19. pnkdth

KDR is deceptive. There is no way to tell if it the kills or deaths are meaningful or not. Some tactics will inherantly ruin your KDR while others will boost it.

Find it interesting to see some claiming the KDR should ignore revives. Why is this? That medic just denied your kill.

Actually, why don't we have some stats for medics and engineers showing how much of a difference their heals/revives/ammo/repairs do? Sort of "KPR"(Kills Per Revive) or something like that. This would help medics and engineers to more effectively know where they make the most of a difference. For old players it could be a way of pushing yourself to become better and for new players it would help them understand what works and what doesn't for support roles. Just something beyond SPH to show actual gameplay impact rather than rather pointless numbers.
  20. Devilllike

KDA means nothing in a world where u can kill people in more ways than you can imagine,What does matter is how much you helped your team to move forward
    • Up x 1